Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt Coin Thread (Vertcoin, OMG, CVC, PAY etc).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

crushproof wrote: »
    Nice to see BAT jump up, what a nice surprise. Finally seeing a turn around over the past week or so.

I think BAT and the Brave browser is actually the best use of crypto so far. There's a sudden, and much needed, interest in online privacy, and they've launched a product - not much different than Firefox; but at least it's something usable.

I like the idea of micro-payments for accessing blogs/podcasts/news sources. Much needed, so we can finally move away from an advertising based model. Patreon are doing it at the moment with the more popular podcasts.That said, content creators will need to be able to convert BAT into real money so they can continue to live etc. I'd have to question what crypto offers over a conventional micro-payments service? With no wild variants in value, or outside manipulation on the liquidity of the market.

I can kinda see why blockchain (centralised, or POW) might be useful, but why not base the model on conventional currencies? I put money into some sort of micro-payments service, and use my browser to pay for content. Not seeing how a speculative token fits into the model.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭crushproof

Monaco (MCO) has jumped 123% on my portfolio also since yesterday. So a nice couple of days gaining back on the massive drop since January.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Tango One

Monaco (MCO) has jumped 123% on my portfolio also since yesterday. So a nice couple of days gaining back on the massive drop since January.
    Any idea why it jumped

Cheers

Anyone else watching devery. It's made some massive gains in the last couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Nice rise. Portfolio has taken a hammering since january.
    Hopefully it will continue.

448622.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I can kinda see why blockchain (centralised, or POW) might be useful, but why not base the model on conventional currencies? I put money into some sort of micro-payments service, and use my browser to pay for content. Not seeing how a speculative token fits into the model.

Smart contracts allow easier automation, reduces friction for a two-way economy and eventual autonomy or at least partial autonomy of a project, less infrastructure for the team to build and maintain in-house. In a couple of years it's likely BAT's team will be freed up enough to focus purely on curation of ads and new use cases, a few years after that maybe ad curation could be the job of an AI (running on a decentralised supercomputer like Golem perhaps, paid automagically from the BAT fee?) with little oversight beyond oracles or mech turks to crowdsource people's sentiments towards ads. All plausible thanks to crypto.
    Why a speculative token? How would they remove the speculation from the token? This is how ICOs and their utility tokens work, this is the incentive for crowdfunding, the incentive for early adoption before the product even exists yet, this is the incentive for use before it gains greater levels of adoption. You don't seem to care for token economics at all, you're dead set on despising it even, so maybe you're never going to "get" it, whatever it is.
    Without it they would have had to have found funding through the traditional VC route, setting up deals with third-party payment channels who'd be taking a larger slice of every transaction, transactions which are currently divisible to 18 decimals whereas trad currency requires a wait for the nearest cent to be hit. It's more convenient this way for the business.

Which micropayments service you're using allows for fractions of cents to be collected from many users or websites and ad services then collated for delivery to content providers or users?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭crushproof

Tango One wrote: »
    Any idea why it jumped

Cheers

Got listed on bithumb which I believe is one of the most popular exchanges in South Korea.

Of course it's come back down from its peak this morning so an element of pump and dump.

Devery is just gone nut up to 163% since last night wish I had bought more

Edit

It was only a small spike

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

Got some NANO earlier. Chart looking good

Also in tron from 530 sats. Hoping for another leg up soon.

Now btc behave yourself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

The best part of 100bn has been added to the market this week.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a short term pull back.

But, Im holding fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I was betting on that slide continuing and the timing of the recovery has caught me out.
    I cashed out on Monday in the belief the slide would continue another week or so and the rise came as soon as I bloody sold!
    Still in on Ripple and at @breakeven now and ADA and ICX which are well in the green.
    Liquidated out of BTC, BCH, ETH, ETC and LTC aiming to buy back in lower and boom, market recovers!

Damn Cryptos! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

banie01 wrote: »
    I was betting on that slide continuing and the timing of the recovery has caught me out.

been there done that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

BAT been flying the last few weeks. Come on Coinbase do the right thing and list it, I deserve a proper moon :p

I sold off most of my BNB a while back which I regret. It was hard though to see the general positivity returning to the market in quite this way. If the market continues in this upward trajectory it is one of the coins I would most like to be holding.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

Bought LND @ 0.016 USD. I think lendingblock could be "uugeee".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Sold out my small few eos last night. SOld 9 for about 130 euros.

Watch it go to 1000 a coin now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

Its early days for EOS, this is a technology that will dislodge Ethereum. At current prices EOS reminds me of when Ethereum was under €20. EOS is still in the Ico period with just over a month left, 2 more Airdrops on the way with EOS in the meantime.
    At the moment any spare cash I have for crypto investing is going into GAS, NEO and EOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Shauny2010 wrote: »
    Its early days for EOS, this is a technology that will dislodge Ethereum.

What happens when EOS releases? Which chain gains traction?

While Dan is very intelligent he's still a bit scammy. He's rolling profit over and over and I think he's recognised that forks generate profits like a ponzi so he's playing it that way. EOS is built around fork-creation.

EOS will use the Ethereum it owns to push up the price of EOS and at the same time it will mean ETH will go down.
    At the end of the day if the EOS network performs as good as its promised then it will become a 3 way battle between NEO ETH and EOS.
    Out of the 3 I think NEO still has the best growth potential as it has a working product, which is really fast and doesn't suffer from Ethereums scaling problems which raised its ugly head when crypto kitties launched.
    EOS on paper looks good but its still speculation at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

EOS will use the Ethereum it owns to push up the price of EOS and at the same time it will mean ETH will go down.
    At the end of the day if the EOS network performs as good as its promised then it will become a 3 way battle between NEO ETH and EOS.
    Out of the 3 I think NEO still has the best growth potential as it has a working product, which is really fast and doesn't suffer from Ethereums scaling problems which raised its ugly head when crypto kitties launched.
    EOS on paper looks good but its still speculation at this stage

Where do you think something like XLM fits into this scene? And will TRX battle against NEO in Asia once their main net is up?

EOS at 20 is in no way similar to ETH when it was around that price. It is currently a massive market cap. Even if it was to gain the same market share as ETH it would put it ~100.

• Advertisement

EOS at 20 is in no way similar to ETH when it was around that price. It is currently a massive market cap. Even if it was to gain the same market share as ETH it would put it ~100.

LOL That reminds me too what was being said about ETH and BTC at the time.
    Whelo79 wrote: »
    Where do you think something like XLM fits into this scene? And will TRX battle against NEO in Asia once their main net is up?

Forget Tron, its a coin heavily manipulated by whales and no way will the Chinese regulations will allow it in its current form. Just have a read of its white paper to confirm what these guys are about

I'm a fan of XLM, although I never bought any only have the free Airdrops I do like its evener distribution but I don't see it as a direct competitor to NEO ETH or EOS
    If you want an outside bet for big returns have a look at the Ardor project. Its an evolution of NEX.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

I have investments across quite a few of the protocols - ETH, EOS, NEO, ADA, ZIL, FSN, ICX so maybe I'm too diversified, but prefer this approach to the one basket method.

LOL That reminds me too what was being said about ETH and BTC at the time.

It nothing like that because if the market moves by a factor of 2 or 3 over let's say the next 5 years and EOS eventually hits 1k that isn't a direct correlation to EOS growth.

You are making comparisons between coins wit hugely different circulating supplies at similar prices ranges which is a kinder garden maths fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Forget Tron, its a coin heavily manipulated by whales and no way will the Chinese regulations will allow it in its current form. Just have a read of its white paper to confirm what these guys are about

Are you saying this as someone who is up to date with what Tron are doing or just going off all the plagiarism allegations and dislike for their specific use of language that we're going around several months ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Good uplift from siacoin over the last week.up over 50%. The Korean upbit exchange now accepting Korean won for sia.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,265 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

EOS is up 250% in a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭garrettod

I still don't see what the big attraction is to EOS to be honest.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,265 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Same, insane valuation for an "idea"

Loads of the platforms have done really well in this recent run: Neo, Waves, Icon etc.

• Advertisement

I seen people on other forums saying they got airdrops of 1k of these tokens for signing up to newsletter a while back.

Holy crap, anyone who was mad enough to hold onto this airdrop must be rubbing their eyes. Almost $10 now! (Ontology (ONT))

Advertisement