Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt Coin Thread (Vertcoin, OMG, CVC, PAY etc).

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I took half my value out about a month ago, and most of the rest about a week later. I firmly believe shouting at people to HODL is as reckless as advising people to BUY.

I've only really alt coins now just waiting to moon.

C'mon Dimecoin! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

$1.3Bn trade volume in Tron in the last 24hrs. Huge numbers. Spiked nearly 50%, sitting around +30% now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Whelo79 wrote: »
    $1.3Bn trade volume in Tron in the last 24hrs. Huge numbers. Spiked nearly 50%, sitting around +30% now.

Nothing as dramatic, but EOS seeing some gains again +9.4% against BTC, 6.4% against USD. Nice to see a bit of green in the portfolio once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Some of the altcoins traders may find this chart useful when forming their technical analyses.

edit LoLth: image is way too large (dimensions, not file size). please resize images before posting in future or just link to them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Check out hexx coin. Currently on Cryptopia. 3 day pump currently going on and is starting to pop up in social media

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Tango One

Part has had a nice bump back at $17

Autochange wrote: »
    Check out hexx coin. Currently on Cryptopia. 3 day pump currently going on and is starting to pop up in social media
    Am I right in thinking hexx is doing something similar to ZCL, in that you get a new bitcoin fork coin by holding hexx.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

Anyone here involved with any ICO’s ?
    Currently looking at Invacio, Howdoo and lending block myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

splashuum wrote: »
    Anyone here involved with any ICO’s ?
    Currently looking at Invacio, Howdoo and lending block myself

are people still actually buying icos after the carnage of the last three months?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

jobless wrote: »
    are people still actually buying icos after the carnage of the last three months?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Hefty jump for EOS yesterday, up 38% so well pleased with that. ETH also starting to recover some lost ground and alts generally showing green.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭garrettod

Any idea what drove EOS ?

... I was holding a small amount, took profits yesterday, now wondering if I made a mistake.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

garrettod wrote: »

... I was holding a small amount, took profits yesterday, now wondering if I made a mistake.

eosDAC airdrop coming up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

how are you withdrawing?.... converting to btc and withdraw from Coinbase?

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    eosDAC airdrop coming up?

Good point, but does that really justify over a 50% increase in the price of EOS in the last few days ?

I see the airdrop is due on 15th April, so might be worth thinking about the impact on the price of EOS over the following couple of days too.

https://eosdac.io/tokens/

Thanks,

G.

In my short crypto life looking at this eos type of airdrops in never works out. Best to sell up about a day before hand and rebuy a day or so after the snap shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

What's happening with EOS? Apologies for just asking ,should I be looking to sell up soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,265 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

rapul wrote: »
    What's happening with EOS? Apologies for just asking ,should I be looking to sell up soon?

I'm about break even and thinking of selling very soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

I'm about break even and thinking of selling very soon

I'm actually up quite a bit on EOS and thinking of selling aswell just when is the question

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

rapul wrote: »
    I'm actually up quite a bit on EOS and thinking of selling aswell just when is the question

Ask yourself: Is EOS a genuine competitor to ETH? I know it's a competitor, but do you really think Dan Larimer's Block.One company idea where the community decides upon/builds the chain/s and which elements they pick from the company and build on themselves is a better idea than Ethereum, where some may fork over ideologies (ETC) but everybody recognises the base ETH has built? BTC was first use-case and genesis of blockchain, ETH made it functional in a much wider sense.

If there's a real bull-run and EOS divides into a couple (at the least) of very dominant ETH competitors then how does that affect each asset's price?

People are beleagured enough with BTC vs BCH and that fork was actually deserved after years of in-fighting, but a by-design forkable-by-intent idea like EOS is sure to feel diluted in the market.

• Advertisement

jobless wrote: »
    how are you withdrawing?.... converting to btc and withdraw from Coinbase?

Hi,

Yes, you can certainly do that, if you actually want to get your dosh completely out of cryptos, with Coinbase able to transfer the Euros back to your current account etc. However, Coinbase is not particularly cheap, so I'd be slow to do it on a regular basis.

I probably should have been a little more clear when I mentioned cashing out of EOS above, what I actually did was sold and put the funds into USDT (Tether US) on a temporary basis. I've since moved some of the money back into other cryptos, but left some in Tether until I try and decide what to do with it next.

Thanks,

G.

Hi,

Yes, you can certainly do that, if you actually want to get your dosh completely out of cryptos, with Coinbase able to transfer the Euros back to your current account etc. However, Coinbase is not particularly cheap, so I'd be slow to do it on a regular basis.

I probably should have been a little more clear when I mentioned cashing out of EOS above, what I actually did was sold and put the funds into USDT (Tether US) on a temporary basis. I've since moved some of the money back into other cryptos, but left some in Tether until I try and decide what to do with it next.

Be very very careful leaving your money in Tether for any length of time. Dodgy...very dodgy.

Hi,

Does coinbase charge a % on the amount of € you transfer back to your bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,265 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Does coinbase charge a % on the amount of € you transfer back to your bank?

I believe SEPA transfers are free or maybe 0.5%

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

I believe SEPA transfers are free or maybe 0.5%
    Yep they are. Well I got charged 0.15 for withdrawing 4.5k a few weeks ago. Practically free

seannash wrote: »
    Yep they are. Well I got charged 0.15 for withdrawing 4.5k a few weeks ago. Practically free

Then why are people saying that coinbase is expensive? I've seen this said a number of times previously too, not just on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Then why are people saying that coinbase is expensive? I've seen this said a number of times previously too, not just on this thread.

Because the spreads on Coinbase are quite high versus other exchanges.
    Compare even the coinbase vs GDAX pricing and on any given trade coinbase costs more to trade.

I see Verge is continuing to pump based on rumours of a mystery partnership with a big company (can't say who yet...just keep buying our coin) and a guy tweeting that a XVG debit card is likely with a partnership with a German bank.

Anyone here believe that they will deliver on any of these promises?

I see Verge is continuing to pump based on rumours of a mystery partnership with a big company (can't say who yet...just keep buying our coin) and a guy tweeting that a XVG debit card is likely with a partnership with a German bank.

Anyone here believe that they will deliver on any of these promises?

The wise course of action for any verge holder would be to sell just before the details of the partnership are released ;)

• Advertisement

banie01 wrote: »
    Because the spreads on Coinbase are quite high versus other exchanges.
    Compare even the coinbase vs GDAX pricing and on any given trade coinbase costs more to trade.

well thats ok, I only ever used the gdax end of things for buying btc/eth.
    The way garrotted was replying, it seemed to me that he was saying there were expenses involved in moving euros back to your bank.

Advertisement