Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt Coin Thread (Vertcoin, OMG, CVC, PAY etc).

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

It is at $12.84 this morning.

EOS was at $18.64 when I posted this.

You are welcome!

Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

smacl wrote: »
    Took back my initial investment when it was at $18, originally paid $6, so still left with 66% of my EOS at no cost along with whatever eosDAC I get. Price back up to $14.25 after this mornings drop and rising, so no complaints. Could still nose dive and the $20 ending up as the ATH, but as likely not.

Well done and good moves. EOS could yet be big, who really knows how it will be adopted when the software is released, definately not Pintman et al.
    Its easy to be screaming how overvalued something is when it has gained several hundred percent in a couple of weeks. But they weren't clever enough to have bought some and made some money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

EOS was at $18.64 when I posted this.

It is at $12.84 this morning.

You are welcome!

Think you'll find I posted to sell eos 2 days before you posted that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Think you'll find I posted to sell eos 2 days before you posted that

Look horse, people respect my opinions on here. I've been making the right calls re crypto consistently for the last few weeks. It was my esteemed opinion that tipped people over to selling.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Look horse, people respect my opinions on here.

You just made me spill my beer there paddy ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,573 ✭✭✭✭banie01

smacl wrote: »
    You just made me spill my beer there paddy ;)

If I had one, I'd have done a spit take all over my screen!:pac:

haha

the gift that keeps on giving

Look horse, people respect my opinions on here. I've been making the right calls re crypto consistently for the last few weeks. It was my esteemed opinion that tipped people over to selling.
    Ah come on Paddy, no one can predict when Mt Gox bitcoin are to be sold. All cryptos fell on the news.
    What I can predict is that every time they move some of them Bitcoin it will continue to rattle the market but at the same time it will weaken Bitcoin as the leading crypto. Eventually one of the Alts will topple it, but not for a long time yet and none of the Alts are anywhere near doing so despite the skewed image Coinmarketcap gives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Shauny2010 wrote: »
    Well done and good moves. EOS could yet be big, who really knows how it will be adopted when the software is released, definately not Pintman et al.
    Its easy to be screaming how overvalued something is when it has gained several hundred percent in a couple of weeks. But they weren't clever enough to have bought some and made some money.

I may have said this elsewhere, but I sold my EOS at $21 (bought at $7) & invested the proceeds into Fusion at $6. (already had some of this from when it was superchearp at $2)

So not doing too badly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Kin had a decent few days!
    Wonder if linked to Unity tour in KOR & JP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Doodee wrote: »
    Kin had a decent few days!
    Wonder if linked to Unity tour in KOR & JP

They announced they were going to fork Stellar and run their own blockchain. Might be partly responsible.

Don't know if anyone else bought into Crypterium but looks to be on the rise after being in the doldrums since its release. Might well do nothing, but interested as the only ICO i took a punt on.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,573 ✭✭✭✭banie01

BCH and XRP "trading" gone live on Revolut as of this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Shamo

banie01 wrote: »
    BCH and XRP "trading" gone live on Revolut as of this morning.

If they ever add a transferring function I might actually use it. Hopefully just a matter of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Tango One

Eos main net launch has given it a bit of a bump today.

With the erc20 token being now worthless how do you go about accessing the new coin. I have my public and private key.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Tango One wrote: »
    Eos main net launch has given it a bit of a bump today.

With the erc20 token being now worthless how do you go about accessing the new coin. I have my public and private key.

Have you registered your EOS tokens?

https://www.reddit.com/r/eos/comments/7jarzj/how_to_registerclaim_your_eos_tokens_before_june/

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »

Yes registered just wondering how you access the new coin

Cheers

Yes registered just wondering how you access the new coin

Cheers

Looks like there'll be a delay before you can do much with them; https://medium.com/exodus-movement/expect-delays-in-claiming-your-eos-mainnet-assets-c6c70232095e

Confusing that the price is fluctuating with the ERC-20 tokens frozen and the mainnet not easily accessible. Seems like you can access the contract easily enough from MEW and run functions from that but I would have thought it was unwise to do this before the mainnet was stable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

There are reports today that Bithumb has been hacked, about $31.5 million stolen. There is some uncertainty about the story, though, as detailed here, with the official tweet since removed. So it could be not as bad as initial reports, or worse. Some are even suggesting that the missing amount is suspiciously close to the amount of back taxes owed by Bithumb.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

bnt wrote: »
    Some are even suggesting that the missing amount is suspiciously close to the amount of back taxes owed by Bithumb.

Usual conspiracy stuff. Bithumb have already said they are compensating the stolen amount

Moves coming from Asia for populous (ppt)

It's way way down from its ATH but if I was looking to buy something in the next 48 hours I'd get on that before next week's boost

I've bought back into NEO @ €26.2 and Cardanio @ €0.112 this morning. I've swapped more Bitcoin for Bitcoin Cash yesterday at 0.113Btc.
    Took up my first position on Vechain @ €2.20 also

My reasoning is the selling pressure has dried up after Bitcoin went below $5900 and it looks to me that while the market may go lower in the future it will be brief and spike down fast and spike up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

I assume I'm not the only happy one with the markets at the moment?! Good 24 hours or so ,and yep above post good call on the neo i was the same was saying to people it was a steal at 25 quid!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

rapul wrote: »
    I assume I'm not the only happy one with the markets at the moment?! Good 24 hours or so ,and yep above post good call on the neo i was the same was saying to people it was a steal at 25 quid!

Long overdue, it'll be interesting to see if there's much of a dive now over the next couple of days...

Anyone get in on the eos ram crazyness. Looking at the eosWeb.Net I somehow have some ram not a lot but I haven't done anything with my eos since the migration.

https://www.marketstackd.io/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Anyone get in on the eos ram crazyness. Looking at the eosWeb.Net I somehow have some ram not a lot but I haven't done anything with my eos since the migration.

https://www.marketstackd.io/
    Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is this 'ram'? What function does it have exactly?

I'm no expert but ram is required by anyone planning to develop(new tokens, airdrops etc) on the eos network. Its been sold as a ram token cost about 0.5 eos per Kb two weeks ago it was around 0.01. A block producer can add ram at any time so the price is likely to collapse.

You also need ram to have an account.

https://eos.feexplorer.io/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Another strong dip, this one aimed squarely at most coins outside the top 5, anyone picking anything up?

Advertisement