Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt Coin Thread (Vertcoin, OMG, CVC, PAY etc).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

after I sh*t the bed and bailed out on TRX last night (regrettably) I pumped any gains straight into ADA after watching an hour long video of Charles Hoskinson on the DATA DASH YouTube channel (great channel btw)

He talks a big game and has been involved in some of the bigger coins in the past and their success (ETH for one) ... it seems he is not just looking to join in on the current play with blockchain etc. but to totally revolutionise things as he knows it's many flaws in-side-out

ADA is one for the backburner and will need patience, so I'm in that one for the long game.

Got in at $1.04

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Any Dragonchain holders?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭randombar

Any more info on these air drops or drops or whatever they’re called. After my lumens I guess I’m getting greedy and wondering where to keep an eye out?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

A thread dedicated to Airdrops would be a good idea I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Can you register for gdax on mobile? Or do you have to do it through coinbase

Your log in for Gdax is the same as your coinbase login, but you log through Gdax site, as far as I remember, I needed a second verification on Gdax and uploaded a driving licence on Gdax site.

• Advertisement

I've been interested in cryptocurrency for many years, but I have no real knowledge on it, I have funds available to buy some but have no clue how to go about it, and all I see on boards are boasters, but no real info or advice for a novice.

I hadn't a clue about four weeks ago, registered on coinbase, deposited through sepa, bought some eth, ltc, logged into Gdax which is somehow connected to Gdax and bought and sold on Gdax exchange, now I deposit to Coinbase, transfer money across to Gdax and buy using limit buy orders and there is no fee, then register on Binance, transfer ethereum across and purchase any of.the coins listed on that site, be sure to keep a record of your passwords because on some sites there is no option to reset.

Is there any way on coinbase to upload photo ids from the phone gallery rather than take a photo. I can't seem to find any options for that. I've taken photos of my passport using office lens but can't find a way to upload those photos

You can use the phone gallery but only my passport uploaded to coinbase, had to use the lens app for my driving licence, I saved this to my phone gallery and uploaded from there to Coinbase. so yes, there should be an option in their verification process to upload from your photo gallery.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,800 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Pussyhands wrote: »
    I'm new to the game but I've lost money on bitcoin and everyone else seems to be getting on these pumped coins early.

Just deposited cash into coinbase so i can get in on them early but seems like everyone is making serious money.

That's because the whole of the last 7 weeks has been almost purely gains. Inexperienced people tend not to see the big picture and the significant chance for losses under such a run-away bull market. Also vast amounts of people with absolutely no clue are piling into the market.

If the tidal wave continues - the coins will continue to rise. If it breaks, the ensuing crash could wipe out many

Ignoring traders and full-time speculators, the smart people buy when it's calm or the market is having a down period. They make researched decisions. They only put in what they can afford to lose. They understand not to panic sell when a correction occurs, when a dip occurs, when a crash occurs, when a bear market occurs. They are patient and in my experience are nearly always the ones with the largest stacks in the long run.

The not-so-smart people buy something that has already risen exponentially, they don't research the coins, they buy something that looks "cheap", they rush, they make emotional decisions, they panic at the first sight of a healthy market correction. They buy at all-time-high. They are more likely to focus short-term and risk scraping a 50% or 100% gains than they are to weather dips and staying in the market for 1 or 2 years to get a 4,000% gain. Also they are more likely to get burned and cash out at a loss.

Of course the whole thing could crash and burn tomorrow.. or it could go on for years. Patience is probably the best approach, so take your time, buy when you feel it's time and ignore the short-term dips and dives in favor of long-term gains.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    That's because the whole of the last 7 weeks has been almost purely gains. Inexperienced people tend not to see the big picture and the significant chance for losses under such a run-away bull market. Also vast amounts of people with absolutely no clue are piling into the market.

If the tidal wave continues - the coins will continue to rise. If it breaks, the ensuing crash could wipe out many

Ignoring traders and full-time speculators, the smart people buy when it's calm or the market is having a down period. They make researched decisions. They only put in what they can afford to lose. They understand not to panic sell when a correction occurs, when a dip occurs, when a crash occurs, when a bear market occurs. They are patient and in my experience are nearly always the ones with the largest stacks in the long run.

The not-so-smart people buy something that has already risen exponentially, they don't research the coins, they buy something that looks "cheap", they rush, they make emotional decisions, they panic at the first sight of a healthy market correction. They buy at all-time-high. They are more likely to focus short-term and risk scraping a 50% or 100% gains than they are to weather dips and staying in the market for 1 or 2 years to get a 4,000% gain. Also they are more likely to get burned and cash out at a loss.

Of course the whole thing could crash and burn tomorrow.. or it could go on for years. Patience is probably the best approach, so take your time, buy when you feel it's time and ignore the short-term dips and dives in favor of long-term gains.

This needs to be a sticky!!

Excellent post!!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

Excellent post Dohnjoe. Very well explained. The long-haul for the coins you really think have a good future, road-map, white-paper etc... There are too many people out there spending a lot of cash on sh1t-coins without doing the research, and it won't turn out well for many.

Long Live The Blockchain :)

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Tango One

DBC is starting to take off.

Eth/btc transfer time from coinbase is killing me here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Dohnjoe wrote: »

Which one are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Deep Brain listed on Kucoin, have picked up a small amount

+400% a week later!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

jon1981 wrote: »

Use LTC from coinbase. It's fast and cheap. You can convert it to whatever at the other end (if you just want to transfer to another exchange).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Use LTC from coinbase. It's fast and cheap. You can convert it to whatever at the other end (if you just want to transfer to another exchange).
    The problem last night was with coinbase, not the blockchain. They were using hours to process send instructions.

The problem last night was with coinbase, not the blockchain. They were using hours to process send instructions.

Correct, LTC is still experiencing delays too.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Nice double up on Deepbrain Chain since I got in earlier this week, has good potential over the next few months if they get through their targets for Q1. It's an interesting concept and quite a unique use for blockchain, I like it a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Just so I'm clear, to trade on binance I go to binance, click deposit on the coin I want to buy, then it gives an address and then I input this into bitcoin (send) section?

And if a memo is needed on binance I input this in the notes section on coinbase?

Coinbase is taking an age to verify by 2nd ID...been verifying my licence since last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

You need to deposit your BTC in a BTC wallet on binance, then use it to buy your alt

• Advertisement

Just so I'm clear, to trade on binance I go to binance, click deposit on the coin I want to buy, then it gives an address and then I input this into bitcoin (send) section?

And if a memo is needed on binance I input this in the notes section on coinbase?

Coinbase is taking an age to verify by 2nd ID...been verifying my licence since last night.

Expect another week as you'll have to do a SEPA to put money in (2days) and then a transfer to an exchange (could be another 2 days)

Feeling quite angry towards Coinbase right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Gryzor wrote: »
    You need to deposit your BTC in a BTC wallet on binance, then use it to buy your alt

Can I use ETH? Or is there only some coins you can buy with certain coins?

Aaaaand coinbase rejected by verification after about 18 hours...ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Depends on the pairings, BTC bar far has the most. You can always transfer eth, trade that for BTC if you need to and then buy your alt

Can I use ETH? Or is there only some coins you can buy with certain coins?

Aaaaand coinbase rejected by verification after about 18 hours...ffs

You can buy ETH on Coinbase and send it to Binance and trade with it there.

It's extremely important that you select the right wallet type in Binance for the coin type you are sending from Coinbase - so.its generates the correct address to send it to.

(EG) when depositing in Binance make sure you select your ETH address if you're sending ETH from Coinbase

You can buy ETH on Coinbase and send it to Binance and trade with it there.

It's extremely important that you select the right wallet type in Binance for the coin type you are sending from Coinbase - so.its generates the correct address to send it to.

(EG) when depositing in Binance make sure you select your ETH address if you're sending ETH from Coinbase

+1 also if this is very first time you're doing this it would be no harm to trial with a small amount first. Obviously it will take longer and add a little more cost. Depends on your knowledge/comfort level.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

No.

You click deposit coin (say ether )

It'll generate an address

Send coins to that address from coinbase or your wallet.

Coins will appear on binance after a few mins

You go to the basic funds then. Exchange your ether for whatever you want

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Expect another week as you'll have to do a SEPA to put money in (2days) and then a transfer to an exchange (could be another 2 days)

Feeling quite angry towards Coinbase right now.

I lodged to Coinbase using my debit card during the week and it was near instant.

Took over night to transfer to Binance from Coinbase though.

I found a coin I would like to have a bit of fun with (KIN) but holy moly the exchange its on (Mercatox) is a right pain in the hole.

anyone else using it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

I found a coin I would like to have a bit of fun with (KIN) but holy moly the exchange its on (Mercatox) is a right pain in the hole.

anyone else using it?

I bought it through etherdelta - which is no fun and games either.

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    I lodged to Coinbase using my debit card during the week and it was near instant.

Took over night to transfer to Binance from Coinbase though.

Yeah i'm avoiding that route given 1) the card limit imposed by Coinbase and 2) but more importantly the mad 4% fee.

Advertisement