Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt Coin Thread (Vertcoin, OMG, CVC, PAY etc).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I **** the bed and jumped off the rocket at 9c :(

Made a stupid school boy error too

But we live and learn and I've chalked that down to my first regret with the aim now to keep them to a minimum :)

Never regret taking a profit. Yes there was growth after you sold but you still made a profit on your original investment. (I hope)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

banie01 wrote: »
    Never regret taking a profit. Yes there was growth after you sold but you still made a profit on your original investment. (I hope)

Nahh you're spot on mate!

Just my first experience of watching a previous investment go further...I'll learn :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Exactly, what if it were a pump and dump and you woke up to 2c?
    Money in the bank (or more likely exchange / another crypto)...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

My old man is fond of saying - it's not knowing when to buy - it's knowing when to sell!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Looking forward to America waking up to hopefully kick-start another eventful day in alts.

• Advertisement

Is anyone holding Tron? They have confirmed that when they reach 1million registered wallets on their website they will distribute a significant number of trx between those million users.

They are currently at about 365k users. Might be worth doing to make some bonuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dfunk

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Is anyone holding Tron? They have confirmed that when they reach 1million registered wallets on their website they will distribute a significant number of trx between those million users.

They are currently at about 365k users. Might be worth doing to make some bonuses.

Yep holding a few...Be careful signing up to register your tron wallet. There's a hacked site with very similar url. Also site was in Chinese only when I signed up. Might be different now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Any link to that information? I've some TRX and would be interested in this. Mind you, I can't close their announcement on their site so I can't even register on it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

I have a good few, not in their wallet though. Anyone have a link?

dfunk wrote: »
    Yep holding a few...Be careful signing up to register your tron wallet. There's a hacked site with very similar url. Also site was in Chinese only when I signed up. Might be different now

Yeah I'm good with that. Signed up a few days ago. Reddit has a good follow through to navigate the Chinese text. A full English translation of the site is being released this week along with an announcement next week of a 'partnership with a very prestigious public listed company'

They are also opening an office in silicon valley soon and have some huge ties and partnerships to be announced.

Anyone who thinks they have missed out on ripple or stellar (although personally I don't think it's too late for either) might consider investing in Tron.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,042 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I've tried registering but it seems to hang (in Chinese!)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

So if I buy TRON on Binance, I will get a bonus soon?

Benzino wrote: »
    Any link to that information? I've some TRX and would be interested in this. Mind you, I can't close their announcement on their site so I can't even register on it anyway.

Follow this reddit link. Tron Wallet

Half way down you can see a heading saying Why should I register on Tron website. This will give you a link to Justin Sun's Forbes article.

There is then a step by step guide of how to navigate the site registration for non chinese speakers. It's all pretty simple, took me about 3 minutes.

JustShay wrote: »
    So if I buy TRON on Binance, I will get a bonus soon?

You will get a bonus if you set up a wallet on the tron website and store you coin there. Once they hit 1million registrations they are dishing out the bonus.

If your coins are sitting on binance you will get nothing (as far as I am aware)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Got 1000 tron on a air drop on binance and liqio.io and its almost worth 200$ pretty mad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Think one of you guys should start a TRON thread. It is certainly big enough now. Well done to you all. I am not a holder of any unfortunately.

You will get a bonus if you set up a wallet on the tron website and store you coin there. Once they hit 1million registrations they are dishing out the bonus.

If your coins are sitting on binance you will get nothing (as far as I am aware)
    I wonder would they drop them pro-rata - i.e. if you had only 10 you'd get 10 times less than someone with 100?

Or would every wallet holder just get the same...

Looks like it could be worth transferring a certain amount of Tron to their wallet. No 2fa so security an issue...

It looks like the TRON wallet is where you freeze TRON to receive Tron Power (TP)

TRON Power (TP)
    TP is locked TRON. Users can acquire TP by locking their TRONIX. TP, in nature, is TRONIX with voting rights, which means TP holders have more privileges in the ecosystem.
    In the world of cryptocurrency, we see speculators constantly seeking fast-appreciating currencies for investment. TRON tries to build an ecology under the full control of TRON holders who are optimistic about TRON on a long-term basis, and we hope TRON could be controlled by those whose values are consistent with TRON’s over the long term. As time passes, we’ll give TP holders more TPs as a reward, and the reward will be dynamically allocated. This means that those who hold and lock TP for the long term will be rewarded.
    TRON POWER’s balance cannot be transferred nor sold, which means TRON POWER is not tradable.
    Long-term investment in TRON’s direction is critical for the ecosystem to make long-term plan and not give up the pursuit of its ideal for short-term interests. Meanwhile, stakeholders enjoy the sustainable growth. Long-term holders can be the benchmark in the ecosystem and better lead the ecology’s development.
    P28 in the Tron Whitepaper
    https://dn-peiwo-web.qbox.me/Tron-Whitepaper-1031-V18-EN.pdf

Reddit thread:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Tronix/comments/7mplck/do_i_need_to_use_the_tron_wallet/

• Registered Users Posts: 27,042 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Dades wrote: »
    I wonder would they drop them pro-rata - i.e. if you had only 10 you'd get 10 times less than someone with 100?

Or would every wallet holder just get the same...

My reading of the bonus was that it was for registered users, you didnt need to have any TRX in your wallet?

KilOit wrote: »
    Got 1000 tron on a air drop on binance and liqio.io and its almost worth 200$ pretty mad

Just realised this too. What were the qualifying criteria (if any) because I did nothing?
    Or for airdrops in general - this is the first time I've ever gotten anything?

• Advertisement

Done, anyway.

Signing up with Stellar four years ago for the craic paid off, so what's to lose? :)

@Whelo79 - thanks for the links above they worked a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Tron's rise is quite frankly ridiculous ha. Long may it continue!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

I currently hold 1700 Tron on binances, does anyone know if there is much of a charge to transfer to a Tron Wallet (haven't set one up yet). Also how long/difficult to transfer back to binance if you want to sell? Thanks

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I currently hold 1700 Tron on binances, does anyone know if there is much of a charge to transfer to a Tron Wallet (haven't set one up yet). Also how long/difficult to transfer back to binance if you want to sell? Thanks

It's 100 tron at the moment. I've being using myetherwallet. Not 100% on transferring them back yet....

It's 100 tron at the moment. I've being using myetherwallet. Not 100% on transferring them back yet....

100 Tron for a transfer seems excesive (approx $20)?

Very expensive, think it works out around $2....not 20 ... That's what is was yesterday when TRX was 6c. Haven't been able to buy any today with coinbase in a hole.

Edit: there was also a minimum withdrawl of 600 Tron

Can use binance coin (BNB) for 50% off transfer fees?

dfunk wrote: »
    Can use binance coin (BNB) for 50% off transfer fees?

I didn't know about that. Will give it a try later. Looks like all withdrawals are suspended on Binance at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

• Advertisement

Advertisement