Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt Coin Thread (Vertcoin, OMG, CVC, PAY etc).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

DVD-Lots wrote: »
    Oyster Pearl taking off, got in late at .70c yesterday, up 100% so far! Looks like they got exposure on some Youtube channel and Reddit have joined the party. New website in a couple of weeks and other stuff happening at the end of the month. Happy days.
    Where did you see oyster Pearl originally? Reckon there's more space or growth in the coming weeks? Man oh man its all get so much more difficult to follow all the coins out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Just an FYI for everybody, DYOR, but... search dadi.cloud and RaiBlocks right now.

Public ICO on 29th for dadi.cloud. Huge initiative with huge clients (Virgin Luxury Resorts, Empire Magazine, Kerrang, MOJO, Monocle) already using their products, company around for the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

grindle wrote: »
    Just an FYI for everybody, DYOR, but... search dadi.cloud and RaiBlocks right now.

Public ICO on 29th for dadi.cloud. Huge initiative with huge clients (Virgin Luxury Resorts, Empire Magazine, Kerrang, MOJO, Monocle) already using their products, company around for the last few years.

Got an ad for dadi on YouTube there last week. One of the most cringeworthy things I've seen (not unlike many other ads for cryptocurrency related things you see).

With that said I can see this one having quite a bit of hype, probably be a good one to get into.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

DVD-Lots wrote: »
    Oyster Pearl taking off, got in late at .70c yesterday, up 100% so far! Looks like they got exposure on some Youtube channel and Reddit have joined the party. New website in a couple of weeks and other stuff happening at the end of the month. Happy days.

Once YouTube and Reddit start pumping a coin - get on board. There was a thread about it the other day on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7nghoy/you_guys_are_surprisingly_accurate_in_your/ - he has deleted the original text but it was about Swarm Intelligence and the Wisdom of the Crowd. When something becomes popular with a large group of people it gives confidence as if there are flaws they will be surfaced and exposed. An example is RaiBlocks - barely got mentioned a few weeks ago now its all over the place and look what happened to the price. Basically buying the coins that get shilled has been massively profitable so far.

If anyone wants to shill any more coins that have great potential I'm all ears..

Aspiring wrote: »
    Got an ad for dadi on YouTube there last week. One of the most cringeworthy things I've seen (not unlike many other ads for cryptocurrency related things you see).

With that said I can see this one having quite a bit of hype, probably be a good one to get into.

Haven't seen the ad, but know a guy somehow connected -> big things.

And the hype machine has started.

A lot of these cryptos are nuggets in their dev's ballsacks, this is a big one.

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote: »
    Once YouTube and Reddit start pumping a coin - get on board. There was a thread about it the other day on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7nghoy/you_guys_are_surprisingly_accurate_in_your/ - he has deleted the original text but it was about Swarm Intelligence and the Wisdom of the Crowd. When something becomes popular with a large group of people it gives confidence as if there are flaws they will be surfaced and exposed. An example is RaiBlocks - barely got mentioned a few weeks ago now its all over the place and look what happened to the price. Basically buying the coins that get shilled has been massively profitable so far.

If anyone wants to shill any more coins that have great potential I'm all ears..

Did you catch the VeChain shill on reddit the last few days? Turned out quite profitable for me.

Shill aside, there was some great reading posted about the coin and technology. I'll be holding beyond the pump/surge, which has been huge - Bought in at about $2.38 yesterday, it's up to $3.47 right now on Binance.

Reddit/You Tube did that.

For anyone looking to find out more or hop on board, bookmark www.reddit.com/r/cryptocurrency

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

2017 has been an epic year for Ambrosus. We’d like to share our top 10 of the key developments of this past year, and thank you for your support. We’ll see you in 2018!

Food monitoring. This year, Ambrosus has launched a demo for a blockchain-based ecosystem that uses sensors and smart contracts to track and monitor food supply chain from farm to fork. A number of new Dapps and Core Protocol is now in development, with early releases planned for Q1 2018

Building the future with Ethereum and blockchain. Parity Technologies, founded by Ethereum co-founder Dr. Gavin Wood and former Ethereum head of security and audits Dr. Jutta Steiner, came onboard to guide the project as technical advisors" Parity was created to solve the thorniest and most complex problems,” Wood said to CoinTelegraph.Thanks to this partnership, expect to see us hold workshops on architecture development with the Parity team as we will continue to work closely together in 2018."

The team has tripled. At the time of the TGE, Ambrosus had just 8 team members. We’ve grown to a team of 24 across Engineering, IT Development, Marketing, and Business and Operations verticals. And yes, we’re hiring, so if you're an experienced developer, an ambitious growth hacker, or interested in other opportunities we may have coming up in 2018, please reach out to careers@ambrosus.com.

First public partnerships with the private sector. In 2017, Trek Therapeutics, Cantone Group, Biofirm AG and INS Ecosystem partnered with Ambrosus to overhaul the supply chains for food and pharma. For example,on the INS Ecosystem platform, “all manufacturers will be able to list and sell products directly to consumers, get customer feedback, and reward loyal customers,” reported Blockchain News, whereas with Trek the objective is to demonstrate that “while our drugs are affordable, they're also of the highest quality”, said Dr Ann Kwong to Business Insider

Pilot coffee project between Africa and China. One of our upcoming DApps will be based on a real-world cross-continental pilot project led by Dr Joseph Wang, former Vice-President at JP Morgan and an expert in both blockchain and international supply chains. Small investors will be able to provide micro-loans to coffee farmers in Africa with the possibility of tokenization and resale of these loans, while providing liquidity to the farmers, permitting them to execute their orders. The coffee farmers will upload details of coffee produced and track the shipment with the Ambrosus data system, as well as reach new buyers in China.

The R&D Lab. Under the leadership of Dr. Stefan Meyer, our team is performing cutting-edge research and prototype development for the next generation of blockchain-ready hardware devices and sensors. To ensure high-quality and reliable data, we are currently talking with a variety of sensor manufacturers so that we can test and integrate their products. We are also developing gateways and protocols that will allow these sensors to integrate and communicate directly with the Ambrosus network.

Ambrosus partnered with the United Nations 10YFP Sustainable Food Systems. This special programme on sustainable food production and consumption offers challenges Ambrosus can tackle jointly with partners from the public and private sector to solve the key questions of sustainable development. “Sometimes trade barriers are erected using fallacious points, such as quality over price,” we told CryptoCoin News. “However, blockchain has the ability to not only safely record food safety and provenance; its immutable nature can be used as a point of proof. In the world of food production this is very important.”

The NDAs. We’re closing the year with 20 NDAs in place, indicating strong corporate and business interest in Ambrosus. While we can’t yet make the details of our ongoing work public, we can tell you that we’re currently engaging with a producer of chemicals and commodities (100 Billion+ USD in annual revenues); cosmetics manufacturer (4 Billion+ USD in annual revenues); food manufacturer (30+ Billion USD in annual revenues); retailer producing various consumer goods including food (25 billion+ USD in annual revenues); food processing equipment manufacturer (2 billion+ USD in annual revenues). Once our engagement transforms into a public partnership, we will make more detailed announcements.

The AMA. Connecting with the community has been and continues to be important to Ambrosus, and you’ll be sure to hear more from us in 2018. Meanwhile, our CEO Angel Versetti did an AMA on Reddit to keep everyone informed. Please take a look at the AMA here.

First Hackathon Food Hack 2017 in Geneva had Ambrosus as one of the challenge organisers. We’ve seen great projects emerge tackling food waste, tracing origins of produce to ensure sustainability, and other great ideas teams worked on during those intense 52 hours. We look forward to organising more hackathons in 2018, to discover talent and new use cases for its blockchain. Interested in collaborating? Please send us a note at info@ambrosus.com

Blockchain will transform the world in 2018 There has been no lack of controversy in technology headlines of 2017, but here’s the fact: Technology is also one of the key ways we can transform the world and foster positive change.

For example, in just a few years, Ambrosus aims to become a backbone for the product flows of smart cities. It could power inventories of products, intelligently deliver products to people focusing on not only the quality of the product, but also its environmental impact. Our open decentralized data ecosystem could connect various actors across the supply chains, allow for recording of various types of product related data using sensors, and store them in scalable blockchain data management systems. We intend to help third-party developers to build apps on top of our data ecosystem, potentially helping solve a large number of consumer and business issues, and employ arrays of smart contracts that would be fully legally recognizable and widely used by companies.

Thank you for your support of Ambrosus. We continue to work on transforming our supply chains into healthy, efficient and transparent systems, empowering the producers and consumers in the food and pharma industries. Stay tuned for more news in 2018.

Wishing you a Happy New Year from Ambrosus HQ. Happy 2018!

Invested in AMB today, quite a bit of discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Hard to keep up with all the coins being shilled now. It does seem to be quite profitable to keep up with what's being shilled tho. Got into XRB a few weeks back thanks to the shills, and originally got into IOTA a few months back because some guy was talking about it on some forum. More recently DeepBrain Chain, Oyster Pearl, NoLimitCoin, and Enigma have all been shilled only in the last week and been extremely profitable (all at least 2x or close to it). Waiting for Bounty0x and HTMLCOIN to (hopefully) take off now, along with a few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

So many coins. So little fiat :cries:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

In recent days I've made a couple of dips into stuff I'd never heard of (BAT, GAME), mainly after reddit reading. Not enough to destroy me, but enough so I can say I got in earlyish when they go wild. :P

• Advertisement

Dades wrote: »
    In recent days I've made a couple of dips into stuff I'd never heard of (BAT, GAME), mainly after reddit reading. Not enough to destroy me, but enough so I can say I got in earlyish when they go wild. :P

Welcome to the BAT club :) Have you used the brave browser? It is fairly impressive.

Aspiring wrote: »
    Waiting for Bounty0x and HTMLCOIN to (hopefully) take off now, along with a few others.

Bounty0X went 20x since ICO!

Tron (TRX) just hit $0.10c on Binance, wtf is going on?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

grindle wrote: »

Had a quick look into this and it's added even more fuel to my disillusionment and confusion when it comes to ICOs. Not so long ago I worked in the tech team who are heavily featured in the testimonials section of that site and the whole thing seems very misleading to me.

Are there any resources out there that give a good overview of equity / security / utility token ICOs?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Welcome to the BAT club :) Have you used the brave browser? It is fairly impressive.
    It's actually pretty good. Though I haven't yet started donating. :p

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Are there any resources out there that give a good overview of equity / security / utility token ICOs?

Any single resource is as open to irreverent shilling and unbridled hyperbole as any other in this space.

ICObench is a close mark.

This guy is fairly subdued and doesn't tend to get carried away by hype, but he also has a good record in my book for telling when the hype is palpable/profitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Cheers, I'll look into some of the introductory videos there.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the world of ICOs and the benefits in investing in Tokens as opposed to crypto currency or actual alt coins.

The fact that I've worked with this company and all of a sudden they're a hotly tipped ICO has just highlighted how little I know about this space.

Dades wrote: »
    It's actually pretty good. Though I haven't yet started donating. :p

I have a hard time imagining the whole system coming together but they are one of the few companies in the space with viable uses for the coin and working tech which is why I invested. Add to that the guy behind it is one of the founders of Modzilla and the creator of JavaScript and I just had to buy some.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    The fact that I've worked with this company and all of a sudden they're a hotly tipped ICO has just highlighted how little I know about this space.

Probably a lot of people that feel that way - ETH opened a lot of eyes as to what can be done with decentralisation of platforms.

You think any of the staff @ Kik knew at the start of 2016 that they'd be planning to form a currency now worth hundreds of millions?
    With KIN... in the "old way" Kik would've had to have had a payment partner getting a slice of the action, now you can just set up a token and guarantee security of funds with the network for very little cost. People who want to quickly transfer funds for little cost can do so and holders get the benefit of a price that rises with use until saturation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

A lad in my WhatsApp group sold a BTC in mid December that he bought for 300 sterling. Stuck 10k into his house buying fund and the remainder that was just shy of 4k into FUEL about ten days ago. He's already up about 150%. The bastard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Tron at $.16c this morning. 100% gain over night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Tron at $.16c this morning. 100% gain over night!

I **** the bed and jumped off the rocket at 9c :(

Made a stupid school boy error too

But we live and learn and I've chalked that down to my first regret with the aim now to keep them to a minimum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

I did that before Christmas, was in early enough on cordano and ripple. Panicked and sold the lot :(.

Got back into cardano and made some great gains, coulda been alot more though.

Lessons learned the expensive way!

Gryzor wrote: »
    I did that before Christmas, was in early enough on cordano and ripple. Panicked and sold the lot :(.

Got back into cardano and made some great gains, coulda been alot more though.

Lessons learned the expensive way!

Hopped on Cardano last night for the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

These stories more common than not. Huge Cohones needed to HODL.

I moved everything off the exchanges onto a ledger where possible and local software wallet where not supported on ledger.

Makes it easier to hodl!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Golf4GolfGti

Can anyone advise of a site to buy all alt coins without the need for having to transfer pre-owned BC or ETH first? Ie. deposit with credit card and buy...

Gryzor wrote: »
    I moved everything off the exchanges onto a ledger where possible and local software wallet where not supported on ledger.

Makes it easier to hodl!

Can you please advise on the best hardware wallet and software wallet.

I believe the likes of Ledger doesn't let you hold all coins types, so what's my options to have a good spread of different coins covered across hardware and software wallets.

Thanks

I got a ledger nano s cause it holds all but one of mine coins atm. The one it doesn't, ADA, I store on a local daedalus wallet. Talk of support coming for ada on ledger.

• Advertisement

Got on Cardano (ADA) early enough. (The only one I managed to get in early on) Its held on Bittrex for the time-being until they sort out their wallet issues. A bit annoying.

Advertisement