Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt Coin Thread (Vertcoin, OMG, CVC, PAY etc).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭joxers25

IrishCoin (IRL) $0.041010 (336.24%) | CoinMarketCap

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/irishcoin/

Anyone involved with IRL?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭joxers25

joxers25 wrote: »
    IrishCoin (IRL) $0.041010 (336.24%) | CoinMarketCap

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/irishcoin/

Anyone involved with IRL?

Was checking twitter...they got listed on additional exchanges yesterday.

seannash wrote: »
    What's the coin stu ðŸ˜

GCoin (GCN)

I had read the white paper, and sure as we all know in this game, reading a white paper is as good as getting your moon lambo licence!

However, it wasn't to be. You can only buy GCN in the LTC and DOGE markets on Crypotopia, and those markets are down for the next few weeks.

Got my LTC/funds off of Cryptopia and won't be looking back.

GCN, if you moon, I did try to board the shuttle!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

paddyman wrote: »
    Been looking at 2 alt coins on binance that havent gone crazy recently. 2 that i saw were ELF , APPC. Anyone have any thoughts on these?. The APPC is an app base currency and ELF seems to be a lending/loan platform. Could they be a due a bump?

APPC looks really promising and already has big support and a massive market to tap.

They just went live this weekend on Binance and looks like all those free presale ICO coins for dropped..price went from around $3 to $1 within first hours, but somewhat recovering.

Definitely one to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭paddyman

Yeah, APPC actually sounds like it might be a decent useful technology. The initial drop from ICO seems to be over as well. Mobile app purchases are a huge business.

I am already holding a few coins but i like this....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

We really should knock our heads/ resources together and create our own coin/ICO

:P

Think we should call it 'Shamrock' (SHAM) and aim for a St Patrick's Day roll out aimed at the Irish American market.

Our motto will be "Pump da bejasus out of her"

..and we all then buy the Lambos come April 1st.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

How do I read the graphs on binance for alts?

Say I have an alt, the graph shows it in relation to one of the main coins like BTC or ETH right?

Or is it the same thing as reading it straight?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Tittiecoin with 176% growth today!

1 more possible coin with room to grow on Binance is Everex. They seem to have a product on App store already which is used for xfering fiat money around the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

How worried are people about a big big widepread crash?

• Advertisement

How worried are people about a big big widepread crash?

1 day we will all be worried about it :). But when is it coming is anyone's guess. Personally i still think there is a lot more hot money going to be poured into Crypto over the next few months, so not too worried at the moment. But i do fear the correction will be hard and sharp!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

anyone getting in on the zclassic/bitcoin private fork later when it happens soon?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

I've realized I have the magic touch for alts. As soon as I purchase (not at Ath) the coins begin to drop.
    In currently holding Ripple, tron and BNB coin.
    Iv got money sepa to coinbase but will have to wait since they are totally backed up.

In the meantime I will hodl on for dear life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Autochange wrote: »
    I've realized I have the magic touch for alts. As soon as I purchase (not at Ath) the coins begin to drop.
    In currently holding Ripple, tron and BNB coin.
    Iv got money sepa to coinbase but will have to wait since they are totally backed up.

In the meantime I will hodl on for dear life.

tron will have a good month i just bought 10000 coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,260 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

mrDerek wrote: »
    tron will have a good month i just bought 10000 coins.

Have you researched it? It's rubbish imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Have you researched it? It's rubbish imo

Why do you think it is rubbish?

On another point are any of you using Cryptopia?

I've been going through bitcoin talk on the alt announcement page. The new coins being released with low market cap seem to be mostly listed there. I've gone through some of the posts and checked on coinmarket cap and a lot of the coins get a massive jump quickly. In the hundreds of percentage points. Many seem to be a pump and dump but quick profit is there.

Cryptopia have also closed registrations.

I've been going through bitcoin talk on the alt announcement page. The new coins being released with low market cap seem to be mostly listed there. I've gone through some of the posts and checked on coinmarket cap and a lot of the coins get a massive jump quickly. In the hundreds of percentage points. Many seem to be a pump and dump but quick profit is there.

I lodged some LTC there on Friday night in order to use their extensive LTC market. All those lovely, moon-bound coins!

Just when I got my LTC onto Cryptopia, their entire LTC market paused. It's been that way ever since and they have released an announcement saying that it could be weeks until the LTC market resumes.

Got my LTC out of there last night and to be honest, I won't be rushing back to Cryptopia.

Hopefully Litebit.eu will resume their new account registration soon, and that's where I'll go for the tiny coins. In the meantime, there's plenty of profit to be made with the good coins on Binance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Why do you think it is rubbish?
    Not answering for TiltedBrain or anything,but, .............
    Why is it rubbish? Because it's overpriced crap with no working product.
    There are so many red flags about this thing that it's scary.
    Did you read the White Paper? Some Foundation gets 35% of the released coin; another 10% goes to a second company owned by Tron's founder, Justin Sun, etc etc.
    Hey, the noobs are buying in now because they see something like 5,000% increase in the last week; however, the smart moey has already taken profit and sold out and moved on to the next "good thing". The newcomers will be left bag-holding a devaluing Tron whilst the whales have gotten even fatter.
    In this currently crazy altcoin scene there are outrageous valuations put on coins that are nothing more than vapourware with no substance. Tron might be even worse than that -- it has worrying signs of being an exit scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Tron might be even worse than that -- it has worrying signs of being an exit scam.

If a top 10 exits like this the whole thing will come crashing down as speculators get scared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Yes, a few of the coins Im interested are only there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭stooge

I lodged some LTC there on Friday night in order to use their extensive LTC market. All those lovely, moon-bound coins!

Just when I got my LTC onto Cryptopia, their entire LTC market paused. It's been that way ever since and they have released an announcement saying that it could be weeks until the LTC market resumes.

Got my LTC out of there last night and to be honest, I won't be rushing back to Cryptopia.

Hopefully Litebit.eu will resume their new account registration soon, and that's where I'll go for the tiny coins. In the meantime, there's plenty of profit to be made with the good coins on Binance.

The LTC markets in the LTC tab are down on cryptopia but if you go to usdt or btc markets you can exchange your LTE then buy into the other alts

Did you read the White Paper? Some Foundation gets 35% of the released coin; another 10% goes to a second company owned by Tron's founder, Justin Sun, etc etc.
    Hey, the noobs are buying in now because they see something like 5,000% increase in the last week; however, the smart moey has already taken profit and sold out and moved on to the next "good thing". The newcomers will be left bag-holding a devaluing Tron whilst the whales have gotten even fatter.
    In this currently crazy altcoin scene there are outrageous valuations put on coins that are nothing more than vapourware with no substance. Tron might be even worse than that -- it has worrying signs of being an exit scam.

The tron foundation and ecosystem get 35% of the coins which are locked up until 2020.

Sun is removing himself from Peiwoo also. There are many many companies worldwide that have crossover investors and management. I don't see the huge issue here. The main dude in Stellar Lumens is still receiving monthly payments from Ripple.

They have a long term hugely ambitious long term plan backed by 4 of the biggest companies in China. That's why I see as responsible for a lot of the quick increase in price.

I have seen a lot of the FUD spread on reddit which has little to no tangible basis in my opinion. If I get proven wrong I will gladly hold my hands up and say so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Matt Simis wrote: »

Yes, a few of the coins Im interested are only there.
    Go on, what you thinking?

The above covers most of my thoughts on it aswel, there's also some worrying evidence that Justin sold 6bn Tron after the sudden increase although he has tried to explain that.

All this is going to go down as "FUD" by people who have invested in the coin and are now emotionally invested so the best thing everyone can do investing is do your own research and as long as you're happy with the tech/product then good luck!

In this example there is no product yet, or even code.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    The tron foundation and ecosystem get 35% of the coins which are locked up until 2020.

Sun is removing himself from Peiwoo also. There are many many companies worldwide that have crossover investors and management. I don't see the huge issue here. The main dude in Stellar Lumens is still receiving monthly payments from Ripple.

They have a long term hugely ambitious long term plan backed by 4 of the biggest companies in China. That's why I see as responsible for a lot of the quick increase in price.

I have seen a lot of the FUD spread on reddit which has little to no tangible basis in my opinion. If I get proven wrong I will gladly hold my hands up and say so.

Whatever way you phrase it, there's 60% not available to you or I.

TRON Foundation and the ecosystem: 35%

Private offering: 15%

Pay initial supporter - Peiwo Huanle (Beijing) Technology Co., Ltd.: 10%

The above covers most of my thoughts on it aswel, there's also some worrying evidence that Justin sold 6bn Tron after the sudden increase although he has tried to explain that.

All this is going to go down as "FUD" by people who have invested in the coin and are now emotionally invested so the best thing everyone can do investing is do your own research and as long as you're happy with the tech/product then good luck!

The rubbish about Sun selling the coins is exactly that, rubbish. Charlie Lee has publicly apologised to Sun on Twitter regarding that accusation. Most movement from in and out of that account was from 20 days previous I believe.

And their absolutely is code, Sun has tweeted about it:

Our source code and @github is here: https://t.co/OvTMaZHhd9 welcome to check it out and contribute your development and ideas to the ecosystem. Also, don't forget to send your resume to lucien@tronlab.com if you are a developer. #TRON #TRX $TRX

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭covfefe

It's unbelievable to me that a cryptocurrency with no product can be a top 10 coin with a market value in excess of twelve billion dollars (>$12,000,000,000)!!

WTF!

This market is the biggest bubble I have ever seen, who knows when it will end, but there is no way I'll be investing in this coin at these price levels.

Whatever way you phrase it, there's 60% not available to you or I.

TRON Foundation and the ecosystem: 35%

Private offering: 15%

Pay initial supporter - Peiwo Huanle (Beijing) Technology Co., Ltd.: 10%

But is that not generally how any investment works? These private investors are giving tron fiat in exchange for shares/tokens. Tron have an agreement with these investors that they can not dump their coins into the market for x amount of years.

I believe the 15% private offering involves incentives and air drops.

I am open to be corrected on any if this.

• Advertisement

I've seen ven coin (vechain) being spoken up all over Reddit. Really seems like a great project. Im not trying to shill the coin but here is a product review that explains them. 2018 could potentially be massive for this coin. They have some huge partners.

Has anyone any views?

https://youtu.be/wH2G_44x4vw

Advertisement