Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt Coin Thread (Vertcoin, OMG, CVC, PAY etc).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

enda1 wrote: »
    I bought it through etherdelta - which is no fun and games either.

Can you do me a quick favour and check if their ETH wallet is available?

Mercatox wallets are all under maintenance bar BTC :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

New to Crypto but bought into Electroneum (ETN) ICO with a tiny investment but so far its doing well enough since launch at around 0.08c USD but their Apps etc will launch properly soon including mobile mining so hoping for a boost of value again in the coming months, also its only on cryptopia exchange at the moment but hopefully that should change soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Can you do me a quick favour and check if their ETH wallet is available?

Mercatox wallets are all under maintenance bar BTC :rolleyes:

Up and running.

Note - this is as the name suggests an ETH exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,115 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

jon1981 wrote: »
    Expect another week as you'll have to do a SEPA to put money in (2days) and then a transfer to an exchange (could be another 2 days)

Feeling quite angry towards Coinbase right now.

I've had SEPA transfers to coinbase under 3 hours multiple times before

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

GreeBo wrote: »
    I've had SEPA transfers to coinbase under 3 hours multiple times before

Not sure what the transfer time is based on. Perhaps it's based on number of past transactions. The more you use the more service you get? It's never been < 2days for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Outside of cryptoland, SEPAs have always worked faster for me after multiple transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

ARN up 500% today.

Wanted to fire 1K at it when it was 300% but fooking Coinbase ETH delays killing me.

Wombatman wrote: »
    ARN up 500% today.

Wanted to fire 1K at it when it was 300% but fooking Coinbase ETH delays killing me.

Stop, I'm boiling mad here.

On the flipside ... I'd be thanking Coinbase if the Alts were sinking... but they ain't so f**k you Coinbase!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Alts aren't sinking?! Sea of red out there for me today.

Alts aren't sinking?! Sea of red out there for me today.

There will always be Alts sinking, i meant the ones I'm interested in :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭joxers25

Hi All,

Am new...2 days to this crypto...some understanding, learning fast.

I am at a loss to understand why these coins are going >400%.

Do the charting, indicators and stockastics work on these, or is it all whispers and nods ala the gg's :)

I have a cointracking.info account that maxed out on the "free" 200 trades almost a month ago.

Its annoying to see that the portfolio value there is still pretty much on par with my actual portfolio, despite me making many (good) trades into various well performing ALTs.

HODLing really is the way to make money on this thing, you just have to ignore the panic of daily ups and downs.

joxers25 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Am new...2 days to this crypto...some understanding, learning fast.

I am at a loss to understand why these coins are going >400%.

Do the charting, indicators and stockastics work on these, or is it all whispers and nods ala the gg's :)

what people pretend to think happens is this type of analysis
    1) talk about the customers adoptions
    2) deep discussion on the tech and problems being solves
    3) potential market opportunity

in reality it's

It's a combination of the following

1) oh look it's being talked alot on Reddit
    2) oh look that Crypto influencer guy on youtube is plugging it
    3) on look it's on the small exchange ...it will defo go up when it hits the bigger one
    4) oh look it's not on Coinbase...but it might be!
    4) has it nice website, roadmap and a pdf whitepaper? tick tick tick..

Wombatman wrote: »
    ARN up 500% today.

I got on it with 10% of my portfolio at $4.35, rode it to $9.94. I was trying to offset some losses on my main alts today.

That's the 10% of my portfolio that I leave for throwing on pumps and playing around with, but still I was super-nervous with my money on such a roller-coaster. I was almost nauseous getting out!

Dunno about the rest of you, but after a very positive day yesterday, my alts are close to hemorrhaging today. I haven't looked at the price, but I assume BTC is surging?

I got on it with 10% of my portfolio at $4.35, rode it to $9.94. I was trying to offset some losses on my main alts today.

That's the 10% of my portfolio that I leave for throwing on pumps and playing around with, but still I was super-nervous with my money on such a roller-coaster. I was almost nauseous getting out!

Dunno about the rest of you, but after a very positive day yesterday, my alts are close to hemorrhaging today. I haven't looked at the price, but I assume BTC is surging?

BTC is up 10%, nothing massive.

Some ALTS such as XLM are down 25% for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

How the hell do people get in on coins so early? There's thousands?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Pussyhands wrote: »

Join some Crypto pages on facebook, read reddit. See what's popular, what people are talking about, do your own research and take a punt on a couple of coins.

GreeBo wrote: »
    BTC is up 10%, nothing massive.

Some ALTS such as XLM are down 25% for example.

I was looking at the charts just before clocking off last night, and spotted that XLM might be due another rise after 24 hours of 'correcting'. I was going to put some money in because 'well it might not surge, but at least it won't drop much further'.

Thankfully I didn't, because it since dived and is still falling, and as regards what I thought I spotted on the charts last night: You know nothing, Stu Redman.

Did you not see my bullet proof strategy above? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Feckin car crash in slow motion today

• Advertisement

F**k it im holding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

jon1981 wrote: »
    F**k it im holding.

Get with the program jon it's hodling not holding
    :D

Yeah there are 1000s, but in reality only a few hundred of them if even that are genuine businesses and not what the industry calls 'shítcoins' or more technically speaking - vaporware.

Ideally, you want your coin to be backed by a mix of a good team of developers, business people, advisors and marketers who have their shít in order. That last one isn't the be-all and end-all for long-term holds. If the tech and team are good, the marketing will follow later.

Is the coin backed by a team in an appropriate working environment? Or is it two guys sweating it out in a basement punching way above their weight and bloated market cap?

Does the coin solve a problem in the real world? Is there a genuine need for it? Can you see it actually being applied in real life? And if so, can you see it being mass-adopted?

Does the coin have partnerships with any existing businesses? How big are those businesses? What is the company's roadmap (plans) like for 2018? Have they followed through on their roadmap for 2017? Is their coin/tech being used in real life yet? (Use cases)

The answers to most of the above questions are out there on the internet. As someone who only got into the game a few weeks ago myself, I found the following resources useful for helping me to become familiar with trading Crytpos...

www.reddit.com/r/cryptocurrency - Learn to differentiate between the actual informative articles, and the hollow shill. Don't just read the headlines of the posts, read the article and the comments. Use Reddit as a launchpad for you to go and find other information about the relevant coin/subject elsewhere on the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCatR7nWbYrkVXdxXb4cGXw - This is the channel for Data Dash/Nicholas Merten. Yes, it looks like he is 12 and just made his confirmation, but he has some great videos and his output in general is objective and informative. He goes into depth on coins, as well as how to trade and read charts.

https://www.youtube.com/user/snipers - This is the channel for Sniper's Tube/Naeem Something. If anything, he is entertaining and educating. At this stage now, for me he is promoting his paid service a bit too much during his live streams, but still his channel is a top resource for learning about charts and the market in general. In fairness, he supplies so much objective info for free on Youtube, I guess I can't complain about him promoting his paid service.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUqU56tqhlGDrMGgrQrE5AQ - The channel for 'Crypto Coins'. This guy analyses a lot of those 'undervalued' coins and seems to be objective rather than forcing you down the 'Buy now!!' road.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Thankfully I didn't, because it since dived and is still falling, and as regards what I thought I spotted on the charts last night: You know nothing, Stu Redman.
    A few near misses like that when 'chance' saves your ass is enough to remind us what we are.

70ab5c5d1d94f8e0473931dc9236dd26a20369d985cbb05b6b035956a3c114ba.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I sold a small percentage of my Stellar, took about 5 hours to get back up to the limit sell price I had set at lunchtime today. Re-invested it into Siacoin for a x12 increase in total coin swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

jon1981 wrote:
    Feeling quite angry towards Coinbase right now.

I had an ltc transfer out to Binance in less than half an hour today,

august12 wrote: »
    I had an ltc transfer out to Binance in less than half an hour today,

Yeah litecoin is fine. I had Ethereum though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Going on for a bit of DRGN and FLIXX.

Going on for a bit of DRGN and FLIXX.

DRGN was what I was after last night when my fecking coinbase transaction had a ****fit and has been pending since.

Price pulled back a bit too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Why you guys looking at Dragon coin out of interest? Graphs look awful even in these good times

Advertisement