Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt Coin Thread (Vertcoin, OMG, CVC, PAY etc).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

I f**king hate these titles:
    Buy Ripple, Tron, NEO or XLM and you could get as rich as the early Bitcoin traders

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

This will prompt a whole load more people to want to get involved, 99% of who will google for 10 minutes before...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭randombar

So registered on Tron, have 140 tron in binance, wonder should I transfer. . . .

Reddit link on how to register: https://www.reddit.com/r/Tronix/comments/7lqc1x/registering_on_the_tron_platform_tutorial/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

GaryCocs wrote: »
    So registered on Tron, have 140 tron in binance, wonder should I transfer. . . .

Reddit link on how to register: https://www.reddit.com/r/Tronix/comments/7lqc1x/registering_on_the_tron_platform_tutorial/

Is this actually working for anyone ?

I can't click into the fields to enter email password etc

will56 wrote: »
    Is this actually working for anyone ?

I can't click into the fields to enter email password etc

Worked for me on chrome after a couple of tries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Tango One

Tron trading at 31c on hitbtc, tried to withdraw and buy on binance at 18c. The funds vanished before I could even transfer to Binance really strange.

And its back and transfer is offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Tango One wrote: »
    Tron trading at 31c on hitbtc, tried to withdraw and buy on binance at 18c. The funds vanished before I could even transfer to Binance really strange.

I've also just read that they are having a coin burn in Q1 2018 ...anyone more details on this?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Worked for me on chrome after a couple of tries.
    I had to try Safari for it to work. Chrome has been flaky for me recently when modal windows have been acting weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Took out a position on Ethlend and also bought more Salt.

Ethlend looks very promising, a lot like Salt, some say it's better but it should capitalise with the demand for Eth now - i think Eth itself will go huge x5 this year easily..
    Not sure what to make of Komodo, thinking of opening a position - can't decide if it will be huge or just sub 100.
    Bitcoin seems to be holding, i expect a push soon, thought it would be this week, it is growing again nicely though. Stratis looks like an imminent explosion to the 30 - 50 range.

Anyway, anybody else take out any positions in undervalued coins this week? A few on my radar, just went with Ethlend so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Having a lot of trouble sorting out my gdax account!

Any tips on sorting out the id verification with gdax. I'm using my passport with my webcam but it keeps telling me to 'please try again' and that i've 'exceeded the maximum number of attempts.'

So frustrating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Any tips on sorting out the id verification with gdax. I'm using my passport with my webcam but it keeps telling me to 'please try again' and that i've 'exceeded the maximum number of attempts.'

I resorted to using an app, office lens which was suggested by someone else, had same issues, my mobile camera didn't succeed for verification whereas this did.

august12 wrote: »
    I resorted to using an app, office lens which was suggested by someone else, had same issues, my mobile camera didn't succeed for verification whereas this did.

Can you register for gdax on mobile? Or do you have to do it through coinbase

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Having a lot of trouble sorting out my gdax account!

So frustrating

Use the Coinbase app on your phone, Gdax and Coinbase are linked together, if you've got 2 ID's uploaded on Coinbase you're set on Gdax too

I was getting errors too, but the coinbase app had me going in ~5 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 35,764 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Dades wrote: »
    This will prompt a whole load more people to want to get involved, 99% of who will google for 10 minutes before...

giphy.gif

I've been interested in cryptocurrency for many years, but I have no real knowledge on it, I have funds available to buy some but have no clue how to go about it, and all I see on boards are boasters, but no real info or advice for a novice.

A bad day to buy ripple!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Dades wrote: »

giphy.gif

I've been interested in cryptocurrency for many years, but I have no real knowledge on it, I have funds available to buy some but have no clue how to go about it, and all I see on boards are boasters, but no real info or advice for a novice.

Umpteen people have got umpteen answers to "newbie questions" from this forum. The entire sub-forum exists because one thread grew extremely popular.

I wouldn't feel too upset about people not indulging your ludicrous request to buy your coins for you.

In saying all that, I'll gladly do it for you. For a fee, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

What are you talking about Toby, there are threads and threads of details. Just open:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057826257

a thread telling you how that was just created today.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

all I see on boards are boasters

There's quite a few of us peepers here too!

B2rTDeWIUAEjz2N.jpg

Afraid nobody is going to tell what to do, the market is so volatile, anything nearly has the potential to be a winner.

The threads here are more geared up as a support group for people invested in the same coins.

I'm new to this too but have a few friends giving me a steer!

If it's worth anything, coins I am interested are Spectre Coin, Verge, Cadano, Waves, Genesis Vision, Stellar & Iota.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,764 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

What are you talking about Toby, there are threads and threads of details. Just open:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057826257

a thread telling you how that was just created today.

Cool.

I'm great at giving instructions as I assume the person I am giving them too know zero on the subject. Lot's of info here but so much left out.
    I'm just frustrated as I have some funds to invest but it's system over load with info and coin choice. It's a bag of snakes for me.

system over load with info and coin choice. It's a bag of snakes for me.

That's where you have to find things out for yourself, it's your money

Asking people what to invest in isn't fair at all, nobody here is a financial advisor or professional in any sense, asking for opinions on x in a relevant thread is more fair but you have to make the decisions yourself

• Advertisement

Use the Coinbase app on your phone, Gdax and Coinbase are linked together, if you've got 2 ID's uploaded on Coinbase you're set on Gdax too

Is there any way on coinbase to upload photo ids from the phone gallery rather than take a photo. I can't seem to find any options for that. I've taken photos of my passport using office lens but can't find a way to upload those photos

Is there any way on coinbase to upload photo ids from the phone gallery rather than take a photo. I can't seem to find any options for that. I've taken photos of my passport using office lens but can't find a way to upload those photos

Don't think so, I suppose it's one way of really verifying id rather than just copying a fake id, could be the reason it has to be taken with the camera and not from the gallery

They don't need to be of massive quality anyway any modern smartphone should be grand

Don't think so, I suppose it's one way of really verifying id rather than just copying a fake id, could be the reason it has to be taken with the camera and not from the gallery

They don't need to be of massive quality anyway any modern smartphone should be grand

Don't understand how you can use office lens then like the poster on the previous page mentioned :confused::confused:

Don't understand how you can use office lens then like the poster on the previous page mentioned :confused::confused:

Have you everything in the photos then maybe thats it? If you're missing a corner or have something the background then maybe thats messing with the verification, if it's not that then dunno what it could be

Do it on the mobile website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

When you have installed office lens and saved images taken with it. When you are uploading the pictures it gives you an option to upload pictures taken with it.

Cardano supposedly has an updated roadmap coming out in the next few hours that could affect the price. I'm waiting on an incredibly slow BTC transaction going across to Binance to let me get in in time.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

It was already leaked: https://www.reddit.com/r/cardano/comments/7o48dk/leak_cardano_roadmap/

Is it still worth buying?

There was a ****ing 10% bump that I missed out on waiting for the BTC deposit to confirm. Bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I'm new to the game but I've lost money on bitcoin and everyone else seems to be getting on these pumped coins early.

Just deposited cash into coinbase so i can get in on them early but seems like everyone is making serious money.

Advertisement