Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt Coin Thread (Vertcoin, OMG, CVC, PAY etc).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Had a few hundred quid spare there so fired it into Cardano (ADA) to round out portfolio. I'm now in:

BTC
    LTC
    XRB
    XRP
    XLM
    BLK
    XMR
    IOT
    ADA
    TRX

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Had a few hundred quid spare there so fired it into Cardano (ADA) to round out portfolio. I'm now in:

BTC
    LTC
    XRB
    XRP
    XLM
    BLK
    XMR
    IOT
    ADA
    TRX

I'm hoping our Chinese friends entering the market see TRX as a good introduction into the crypto space.
    They've a very good white paper and a very well laid out roadmap - albeit a little too aspirational imo, but hopefully we see the current trend continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭randombar

I'm hoping our Chinese friends entering the market see TRX as a good introduction into the crypto space.
    They've a very good white paper and a very well laid out roadmap - albeit a little too aspirational imo, but hopefully we see the current trend continue.

Hi guys,

Have a few in my portfolio and I'm just wondering what sites you use for purchasing etc.

Currently using:

Coinbase
    Stellar
    Blockchain

Waiting on verification for bitstamp.

If I was to look at the alt coins is there a good wallet that can hold a few?

Also I was reading last night about Quantum, what are peoples opinions?

Thanks,
    Gary

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Have a few in my portfolio and I'm just wondering what sites you use for purchasing etc.

Currently using:

Coinbase
    Stellar
    Blockchain

Waiting on verification for bitstamp.

Also I was reading last night about Quantum, what are peoples opinions?

Thanks,
    Gary

Coinbase(ETH) 》》Binance (BTC)》》BTC to TRX

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I've been watching TRX recently, Justin Lee is a VERY smart cookie with VERY good contacts within the Chinese market place and is a protege of Jack Ma, Alibaba founder. He's also worked over at ripple.

I think the coin has good potential.

I'm currently in the following ALT coins. I'll diversify my bitcoin into a few more, at this stage the couple of K i could make in BTC dwarfs the gamble of something like another ETH or LTC this year.

XVG
    TRX
    SNT
    XRP
    OMG
    XLM

Edit * Will buy XRB when its added on Binance which looks likely with their vote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Benji20122012

Whats peoples opinions on Enjin Coin? Recently became integrated with Minecraft
    https://blog.enjincoin.io/enjin-coin-development-update-december-11-2017-458e65a9b6ab

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Coinbase(ETH) 》》Binance (BTC)》》BTC to TRX

You don't need to convert ETH to BTC on Binance. They have an ETH/TRX market.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

I've been watching TRX recently, Justin Lee is a VERY smart cookie with VERY good contacts within the Chinese market place and is a protege of Jack Ma, Alibaba founder. He's also worked over at ripple.

I think the coin has good potential.

I'm currently in the following ALT coins. I'll diversify my bitcoin into a few more, at this stage the couple of K i could make in BTC dwarfs the gamble of something like another ETH or LTC this year.

XVG
    TRX
    SNT
    XRP
    OMG
    XLM

Edit * Will buy XRB when its added on Binance which looks likely with their vote.

Would you not pick up XRB before it goes live on Binance? Surely it’ll gain significant traction once it does.
    Handy way to get in cheaper now using bitgrail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Raiblocks: There is a bug with the scaling? Over 10 hours now, coming across as if this smart solution also has scaling issues. Anybody know more?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,038 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Raiblocks: There is a bug with the scaling? Over 10 hours now, coming across as if this smart solution also has scaling issues. Anybody know more?

oRpO8lc.gif

This is a summary of the current problem

• Advertisement

GreeBo wrote: »
    oRpO8lc.gif

is this in Jest? the date is wrong ha. Anyway it looks like it is the actual exchange and not xrb

Can they fix it, and quickly, is the big question. A lot of debate on twitter over how serious it actually is.

oRpO8lc.gif

That gif is from a demo of how XRB works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

thatisthejoke.jpg

thatisthejoke.jpg

Oppps.

*hides

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

The issue is with bitgrail, they didn't follow the recommendation to have more than one node for xrb

Its the problem though, invalid blocks between BitGRail and RaiBlocks due to RaiBlocks node crashing under crazy load.

The issue is with bitgrail, they didn't follow the recommendation to have more than one node for xrb
    Thats not what they say.

https://twitter.com/BitGrail/status/948204439403417602

That can't be good news :o

ah that is not good, so it too has scaling solutions. That tweet done them no favours at all comes across as XRB tried to hide it or push the blame to bitgrail

• Advertisement

holy s**t it's tanking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

holy s**t it's tanking

Buy, buy, buy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Looks like issue was resolved a few hours ago...

https://twitter.com/BitGrail/status/948497429346832384

Gryzor wrote: »
    Looks like issue was resolved a few hours ago...

https://twitter.com/BitGrail/status/948497429346832384

ah good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Drumorig

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Use Myetherwallet, it's free and no verification or any crap, just save the private key. Then transfer ether into it. Then use the key to import to etherdelta & get your tokens there, when you trade move the ether or tokens back to myetherwallet. Don't leave them on etherdelta, if it disappears they are gone, they are safe in myetherwallet since it's only a front for your wallet, it doesn't actually hold anything.
    Myetherwallet will only show you the amount of tokens, not the market value, you would use ethplorer or etherscan to view the live prices & totals.

Be very careful using the above sites, if you enter your private key on the wrong link you will get hacked & your coins stolen. myetherwallet & etherdelta have various warning messages on their sites, I suggest reading them.

Cardano up over a dollar. Fifth largest market cap. Could take off quickly like ripple.

G'wan VeChain!!!

There was an absolute blitz of positive posts about it on r/Crypocurrency over the last 24-36 hours. When that happens a coin, buy for the pump.

I succumbed and read into the shilling, to find that the company and tech are actually good with use cases falling out of their arse. Rather than buy for the pump, I'm buying for the medium-long term.

Got in yesterday at $2.39, at a serious 5 day dip, and it hasn't really stopped growing since then, now at €3.11 on Binance.

I'm not trying to sell anything here, just offer posters a direction to go and form their own opinions, VeChain seems like a good project. Reading about it also lead me to WaltonChain (WTC) built on similar tech, and I bought some of that at a dip yesterday.

WTC are still in that dip because they did a reddit AMA last night, and didn't exactly give the clearest answers to some important questions regarding their 2018 roadmap. However, the tech being produced and developed by VeChain and WaltonChain are worth at least your time to read into, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Oyster Pearl taking off, got in late at .70c yesterday, up 100% so far! Looks like they got exposure on some Youtube channel and Reddit have joined the party. New website in a couple of weeks and other stuff happening at the end of the month. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

Power ledge has suddenly begun to surge, why I don't know but I'm happy enough. Along with ripple this has been great day!

• Advertisement

crushproof wrote: »
    Power ledge has suddenly begun to surge, why I don't know but I'm happy enough. Along with ripple this has been great day!

Wahey!

Nice day's work Crush Proof.

I think alts are having a decent day in general, at least most of mine are - VEN, ICX, XRP. Just need IOTA to wake the fúck up to put the cherry on top.

They're gonna 'correct' tomorrow aren't they :(

Advertisement