Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Switching offer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

As many others here have said beware at all costs, unbelievable how low this crowd will go. Bare faced lies are not uncommon and anyone in trouble will quickly find out that comreg is the only route.and when it all does go wrong as it inevitably will, then best of luck trying to get hold of them and hanging up on you is a common method of dealing with you.
    Best advice is to use on line chat or Twitter and keep copies of the conversation.

Best recent example I heard.... Installing neighbour with fibre, but they are in 12 month contract with vf...... Don't worry we will buy out entire contract and do you special deal today of 55€, IF you sign Now!
    As it turns out neighbour was educated and questioned contract buy out, which he knew was only 200€ meaning if he had signed up he still would owe vf 300€. He also questioned the special deal of 55€ considering it was 45 online. Agent could not get out if house fast enough.
    When few neighbour's got talking it was discovered that agents were making up prices house per house, with one house quotes 75 for same package another house was quoted 55??
    They still have not managed to install for any of the 10 houses involved, with cancelled appointments, low light, high light and poor ducting among the list of excuses, despite remaking appointments and the same problem still existing.
    Imo pay a bit more and try deal with a company you can trust and might at least tell you the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Cosle

Looks like I wont be getting my cashback, i never redeemed my code within 72 hours :o. Any tips on how to get this still?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

These stories are seriously putting me off switching to Eir. I'm looking to downgrade from my current TV+BB+Phone package with Virgin to just a BB & Phone..... the Eir offer for 12months was ideal but christ it doesn't seem like it's worth the hassle. May have to settle for paying a tenner more a month than the Eir offer for a slower speed :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

deise_boi wrote: »
    These stories are seriously putting me off switching to Eir. I'm looking to downgrade from my current TV+BB+Phone package with Virgin to just a BB & Phone..... the Eir offer for 12months was ideal but christ it doesn't seem like it's worth the hassle. May have to settle for paying a tenner more a month than the Eir offer for a slower speed :/

I was with Virgin for more than ten years, switched last month and my experience with Eir has been nothing but positive from ordering through installation to download speed to wi-fi coverage.

People generally don't post when they're happy with something.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

I was with Virgin for more than ten years, switched last month and my experience with Eir has been nothing but positive from ordering through installation to download speed to wi-fi coverage.

I have had eir for 18 months, and when everything works well, it works grand. But when you have a problem with them, that's when they are a nightmare to deal with. I agree with your sentiment that people only tend to post when they dont like something, I am one of those people as this thread probably wouldnt have caught my eye 6 months ago before I went through issues with them.

So yeah, you could go with them, have 0 problems and everything will be fine. Just pray you dont :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

I'm the same I've no problems whatsoever. Ten times better than sky shyte

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

If in doubt ask trustpilot or similar company review site
    Eir
    https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/eir.ie
    Or
    Eircom

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.eircom.net

As already related to no one ever hears the good stories..... But it's easy for a company to keep you happy when all is going well, however it's a true test of a company and how they value their customers in how they treat them when things are not going so well and it's here that Eir are just a total flop

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭d1980

Got 50 cash back today. Within the 2 weeks as promised.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Atrides

Cosle wrote: »
    Looks like I wont be getting my cashback, i never redeemed my code within 72 hours :o. Any tips on how to get this still?

Eligible customers will receive an invitation to redeem their cash back by email to the email address provided by the customer during the bundle order process. Email offer to redeem the cash back will be sent to customers within 30 days after all services of the qualifying bundle are active.

https://www.eircashback.com/termsGeneral2.aspx

Atrides wrote: »
    Eligible customers will receive an invitation to redeem their cash back by email to the email address provided by the customer during the bundle order process. Email offer to redeem the cash back will be sent to customers within 30 days after all services of the qualifying bundle are active.

https://www.eircashback.com/termsGeneral2.aspx

Just read the link casback is for 18 month minimum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭loki7777

Wrong T&C's - from last year. https://www.eir.ie/bundles/ the one on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

Had my broadband switched back on yesterday evening, app still saying that I'm on the 18 month contract, they sent me the monthly bill last night, still states that I owe 917.60.
    Contacted them through web chat, lad says it will take 24/48 hours to change, never mentioned this over the phone, so will have to wait till Tuesday now I suppose.

Contacted comreg, gave me an eir number to ring, told me to say that comreg have advised me to lodge a complaint (I already lodged one online) and to ask for a reference number for my case, comreg say they will take over if it isn't sorted in ten days

1800 200 481
    Number comreg gave me if anyone's interested

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

Just read the link casback is for 18 month minimum

Xmas offer states 12 Months....

https://www.eir.ie/.content/pdf/terms/cashback_terms_christmas.pdf

septicsac wrote: »
    Eir
    https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/eir.ie
    Or
    Eircom

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.eircom.net

As already related to no one ever hears the good stories..... But it's easy for a company to keep you happy when all is going well, however it's a true test of a company and how they value their customers in how they treat them when things are not going so well and it's here that Eir are just a total flop

Trust pilot reviews say it all

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

septicsac wrote: »

You managed to pick the worst review site possible

https://www.reviews.io/company-reviews/store/trustpilot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Sorry to hear people having issues, but I've taken this offer and can't fault it so far.
    Just waiting on the €50 cash-back now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭mkov

Sup08 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear people having issues, but I've taken this offer and can't fault it so far.
    Just waiting on the €50 cash-back now.

when did you service go active? Mine did on 15th Dec and still no 50euro email

anyone on here use a archer c9 router instead of the f2000 for internet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

mkov wrote: »

Install was the 18th but no email about the cash-back yet. I'll give them a week and see what the update is.

Has anyone got the cash-back though PayPal yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Atrides

I activated 21 Dec and still no paypal cashback for me.

Yesterday had a chat with customer support, agent said need to contact with sales team.

crazy

Install was the 18th but no email about the cash-back yet. I'll give them a week and see what the update is.

Is this what you have? Is it just a matter of replacing one with the other? Was reading about it online ands seems that there is more to it

Is this what you have? Is it just a matter of replacing one with the other? Was reading about it online ands seems that there is more to it

anyone on here use a archer c9 router instead of the f2000 for internet

Is this what you have? Is it just a matter of replacing one with the other? Was reading online and it seemed there was more to it

Is this what you have? Is it just a matter of replacing one with the other? Was reading online and it seemed there was more to it

I thought it was but can't get to replace it.think it can be bridged with the f2000.had a go earlier but can't get it to work even with the f2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

My broadband is gone active since 2nd January, unfortunately it's no better than what I had with Sky.

But still no landline.... how long did ye have to wait for landline to go active?

Mine was at the same time as broadband if I remember correctly

Mine was at the same time as broadband if I remember correctly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Qwerty? wrote: »
    My broadband is gone active since 2nd January, unfortunately it's no better than what I had with Sky.

But still no landline.... how long did ye have to wait for landline to go active?

Not being smart but - you know the phone just plugs into the modem, yeah?

Advertisement