Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Switching offer

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mikedukky

Does it take a couple of days for the eir account to show up in the SuperValu rewards after you link them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mikeweird

Have they been issuing the PayPal refunds as promised.?

They didn't seem to know much about it today when i enquired

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭NATLOR

cormie wrote: »
    I'm with Vodafone who recently sent notice their plan is going up to €45 per month for BB only.

I don't suppose anyone had tried haggle VF loyalty team down stating this deal? Would be easier to just stay than signing up to a new service. I'm happy with VF so far.

Rang Vodafone yesterday stating the Eir deal (I also have B.B only due to go to 45 a month) was initially told no deal available so asked to speak to someone about cancelling. Transferred to some guy who immediately offered me 35 a month on a 12 month contract. Happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭mkov

mikeweird wrote: »
    Have they been issuing the PayPal refunds as promised.?

They didn't seem to know much about it today when i enquired

I asked too and they said we should get an email 14 days after having the service activated.(which for me is today)

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Anyone else have an higher bill than expected? I'm being charged €44 even though I signed up to the €35/month offer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

theShire wrote: »
    Anyone else have an higher bill than expected? I'm being charged €44 even though I signed up to the €35/month offer?

Yes but some of it only part. My bill runs from 26th of each month but the service was installed on 18th. So I pay 1 month plus 8 days part service. On the breakdown of the bill it also applied the discount to the 8 days part service.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

theShire wrote: »

First bill is always higher because it's a part month and then the first full billing month. Same on all networks.

https://www.eir.ie/support/billing/my-first-eirmobile-bill/

• Registered Users Posts: 37,965 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So just an update on this. I sent them back the router and I was disputing the charges for downloading 1.5 tb which I definitely did not do. I got no response from them.

Last week I got a phone call and letters from a debt collector.

I tried to contact eir about it but they won't even talk to me because I am no longer a customer.

The most horrendous company I think I've ever dealt with.
    eagle eye wrote:
    I had great service for the first five months and then suddenly started having problems. They continued all the way through my contract. Now for the real dodgy stuff. My contract was up and I told them I was not renewing. Suddenly my service got way worse and I got hit with a huge bill. I was told that I'd downloaded 1.5 tb of stuff in a month. I've never went over 100gb in my life. They sent me a new router because of the issues I was having and charged me for it. They are still looking for 199 euro for these two things. I left them three months ago. I'll never ever go back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

eagle eye wrote: »
    So just an update on this. I sent them back the router and I was disputing the charges for downloading 1.5 tb which I definitely did not do. I got no response from them.

Last week I got a phone call and letters from a debt collector.

I tried to contact eir about it but they won't even talk to me because I am no longer a customer.

The most horrendous company I think I've ever dealt with.

Post your full story on all their social media but just keep to the facts. It's probably too late now that it's with the debt collectors but you may get a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Post your full story on all their social media but just keep to the facts. It's probably too late now that it's with the debt collectors but you may get a response.

or Joe Duffy :eek:
    Probably won't have much to talk about this week yet ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭spannerism

Hi folks,

I placed an order for eir fibre on the 29/12/2017.
    I signed up for the following - Broadband, Unlimited Mobile & UK calls.
    The website stated at the time that this was a 12 month contract - 35€ for 6 months with cashback, etc
    This is still the case as of today.

Today, I receive an email saying "Welcome to eir, etc".
    The email states that it's an 18 month contract. This is incorrect as at the time of order this was a 12month contract.

Just becareful and check your order confirmation emails :)

Did this happen to everyone else??? or I was I the unlucky one :)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

When you finish up with eir, always check your last bill. I've had a handful of mobile broadband accounts with them (Meteor before eir), and whatever way they process it, the last bill has always ended up in credit. They don't automatically return it though, you need to ask for it through CS.

Says 12 month on the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭mkov

Just an update about 50 euro cashback. It was 14 days since activation of the service on the 29th (activation 15/12) and I haven't received any cashback or email how to claim it

Agreed and have the screenshots to prove it.
    But their welcome email today said 18 month contract so best for me to confirm and becareful.

Will let you know how it goes.
    okidoki987 wrote: »
    Says 12 month on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

Lock yourselves in lads, this is a long one,

I signed up for eir ftth on 15th september last year, 150mb, one year deal, 55 euro a month for the duration of the contract.

I was at work when the engineer installed everything, got a text after saying "your new number is xxxxxxx", was never told my number would change, rang on THREE SEPARATE OCCASIONS to change it back, was assured each time it would be, never happened, still on new number,

Wifi was non existent, rang a few times, couldn't help me, found an article from a fella online that sorted it for me on 2.4g, get about 20-30 download speed, 5g not worth a fiddlers to this day,

In December i went in store and signed up for the mobile offer which is added to your home bundle, my next bill was over 100 quid, got onto web chat five days, was told that i was on a new 18 month contract by signing up for mobile, i appreciate i was naive in not realising this but it was at no point mentioned to me, i have also have never been able to find this stated in their ads,

I asked the lad on web chat THREE TIMES whether there was a cooling off period, only at the the third request did he confirm that there was, I rang eir on the same day (five days into my new contract), confirmed that i wished to cancel, was told this was fine, asked if i would go back to my original deal, was told yes,

said that they would sent out a jiffy bag for the phone, never arrived, in the meantime my girlfriend (who had the eir mobile and deal) switched to Vodafone, within the 14 days,

I noticed that the eir app was still showing that i was signed up to this new contract, over xmas i took the phone to the eir store where i signed up, they wouldn't take the phone back because, as it was a Sunday, they had no way of contacting headquarters to sort it out, i have been back to work since and haven't had another chance to get out there,

Then today i got text messages telling me that my bill was unusually high and that they have cut my internet off until i make a payment, checked my bill, 920 quid!!!

Spent an hour trying to get through this morning, explained the situation, girl said that i was charged for cancelling my contract!!

I told her that i cancelled within the 14 day cooling off period, she agreed (ive recorded all calls), said that she would send out another jiffy bag or i could head back to the store, requested my deposit back, said it would be given as credit, i believe that if i cancelled the contract the money should be returned to my bank(?)

I then explained that once i hung up the phone i was back to square one, because having spoken to someone previously and not having it sorted the same could happen again, i therefore requested an email confirming that i would go back to my original contract, she couldnt confirm this and said she had no access to emails, i asked for someone who did have access to emails, she said nobody has, i asked her that "nobody in the whole organisation has access to send external emails?!" she said "No",

And this is how it was left, i havent been home yet but i suspect my internet will still be cut off and i am slightly vexed to say the least.

Phew! sorry about that but just needed to vent, and also show how Eir are by far and away the worst company i have ever had any dealings with, please people, for your own sanity, stay well away from this crowd,

(i don't aim any of this anger at the representatives, they're just following protocol)

Does anyone think that this gives me grounds to cancel my contract with Eir entirely? fed up with them now to be honest

Not sure but would email them and threaten them with Comreg and then Joe Duffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭Soarer

Didn't think Eir did a 150mb.

Didn't think Eir did a 150mb.

Where I live they do 1000mb! :eek:
    Never going to use that mind you but always great crack talking to Virgin and waiting for them to say " we have the fastest speed in Ireland!".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

try Comreg

they put the skates on a mobile provider I was having issues with..

W

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

anyone get the 50 cash back yet

For folks who signed up to this offer - did you get an email stating that this was a 18month contract or 12 month contract?

I'm trying to get something in writing to say that this is a 12 month contract but no luck yet.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Not sure but would email them and threaten them with Comreg and then Joe Duffy.

I rang again last night, girl said that they would send out jiffy bag, i return the phone, once received they switch internet back on, i said that could take a week, so no internet for a week for something that was their fault, she says "yeah sorry"

I had a webchat with a lad this morning that went like this

"Chat with us

Hello! Next available customer representative will be with you shortly.

Representative xxxx has joined the session

xxxx

[11:04:02 AM]

Welcome to eir webchat my name is xxxx, how may I assist you?

You

[11:05:26 AM]

Hi, I wish to make a complaint about the service i have received since signing up with Eir, i would like to outline all issues in an email but there is no option for sending a full email, only an online form, could you give me an email address that i can contact please?

xxxx

[11:08:00 AM]

I would like to suggest you to please call 1901 loyalty team will help you with .

Representative xxxx has left the session

Chat session ended"

Oh, okay, bye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

spannerism wrote: »
    For folks who signed up to this offer - did you get an email stating that this was a 18month contract or 12 month contract?

I'm trying to get something in writing to say that this is a 12 month contract but no luck yet.

If you signed up online, you should have got an email straight away with the subject "Welcome to Eir" that contains the details and the contract length.

There are deals for both 12 months and 18 months contracts, it would be quite easy to sign up to the wrong one.

I got an email 3-4 days later with welcome to eir and unfortunately it said 18 months. I'm sure I didn't make a mistake as I took screenshots for my own record at every step so am 100% sure that the eir processing people made the mistake.

If you signed up online, you should have got an email straight away with the subject "Welcome to Eir" that contains the details and the contract length.

There are deals for both 12 months and 18 months contracts, it would be quite easy to sign up to the wrong one.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

I rang again last night, girl said that they would send out jiffy bag, i return the phone, once received they switch internet back on, i said that could take a week, so no internet for a week for something that was their fault, she says "yeah sorry"

"Chat with us

xxxx

You

Hi, I wish to make a complaint about the service i have received since signing up with Eir, i would like to outline all issues in an email but there is no option for sending a full email, only an online form, could you give me an email address that i can contact please?

xxxx

I would like to suggest you to please call 1901 loyalty team will help you with .

Chat session ended"

Oh, okay, bye

I recently had a very long running issue with Eir, they wouldnt speak to me over the phone and wouldnt respond to complaints. Eventually i went through comreg who told me all I have to wait is 10 working days once a complaint is sent to Eir before they can take over. After that it took another four weeks for Eir to engage with Comreg, all in all, I waited 6 weeks before someone from Eir 'looked into the issue', called me and spoke to me about the issue. A joke of a company doesnt begin to describe it! Despite the wait, at least it worked. Comreg I would say is the only way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭pajoguy

I have been trying to switch my broadband and tv to them and its nigh on impossible to contact them. Eventually got through to someone on a very crackly phone line and then the line goes dead after being on hold for 10 mins. Not a great impression to be honest. My neighbour has their broadband and tv but when I check on the website they tell me I cant get it as the line is not strong enough. They only upgraded the line last year.

Don't bother, their router is next to useless, they are almost impossible to contact, they hide little extra charges all over the place, rang today again, on for an hour, internet back on, told I was switched back to original bundle, had to argue to get deposit back, asked what confirmation I had that this has been sorted because sick of ringing, was told that it will show in the app, app still shows that I'm on this new bundle, which I've since cancelled, and still showing that I owe them nearly a grand, you just go round in circles, again asked for email confirmation but told we can't do that, my mother in law's internet was off, fault on the line, rang them and gave my number for updates, have received three texts today, so why can't they at least send me info in that way? Sorry I joined them, none of the providers are perfect but always found Vodafone easy enough to contact

• Advertisement

R777B wrote: »

"Chat with us

xxxx

You

xxxx

Chat session ended"

Oh, okay, bye

I recently had a very long running issue with Eir, they wouldnt speak to me over the phone and wouldnt respond to complaints. Eventually i went through comreg who told me all I have to wait is 10 working days once a complaint is sent to Eir before they can take over. After that it took another four weeks for Eir to engage with Comreg, all in all, I waited 6 weeks before someone from Eir 'looked into the issue', called me and spoke to me about the issue. A joke of a company doesnt begin to describe it! Despite the wait, at least it worked. Comreg I would say is the only way to go.

I sent an email to comreg today, its far to early as you mentioned the 10 days, but I just wanted to get it out there while it's a clear in my head

Advertisement