Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Switching offer

Options
  • 29-11-2017 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭

40 euro a month unlimited fibre broadband on a 12 month contract

unlimited fibre broadband plus 50 euro cashback

free 7 channel eir sports pack

unlimited home phone calls to all irish uk mobiles and landlines

got it in the post today but seems to good to be true

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

https://www.eir.ie/bundles/

Seems to be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

35 for the first 6 months if you buy online, then €40 and €76 after 12 months. 12 month contract

eir-offer.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

i presume the one i got is slightly different it says a 'switching deal'

would they know i'm with vodafone?

i just signed a contract extension with vf ,is there a cooling off with a contract extension?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I took this deal up recently. Received an email confirming install date of today, with a time frame of 9am - 4pm. They were to have text me in advance to narrow down the time/confirm.

No text or call. I got onto them on chat earlier - they confirmed engineer was booked for today. At 3pm, with no sign of anyone arriving, I got back onto chat and called 1901. Between the two agents, I was ‘assured’ that my engineer was booked for today, tomorrow and the 8th Dec.

Complete f*ck up. I insisted on speaking to a manager and was assured of a call back this evening. It’s 9:40pm and I’m still waiting.

I was warned of Eir, thought it was over reactions on behalf of highly strung customers. Turns out no, they’re just a mess. I’m going to go back to Virgin tomorrow and ‘offer them a last chance at my business’.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭freebee23

Was in the Eir store in Blanchardstown a few weeks ago checking out their offers and the assistant informed me that they have a switching deal where they will buy out your remaining contract with another provider up to a value of €200.
    You close your a/c with your current provider, settle your last bill and they will credit your new Eir account with the offer amount upon proof of payment.
    Anyone thinking of switching should see if this is still being offered.
    Might make the switch that little bit easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭grebtol2

How does the Eir Sport pack work?

Can I view login from anywhere or do I have to be connecting via Eir broadband to access it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I rang Eir sales, 1800503303 and said I was thinking of moving back and wanted to see what they could offer. They offered me exactly what was available online (inc "online only" 50e cashback) and also offered to cover my cancellation fees from my existing provider upto 200e. I rang back about two weeks later for my parents account and they mentioned the same- covering cancellation fees upto 200e. I only signed up to Sky in Sept and its often unstable at night and my cancellation fee is 197.10. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Be very careful about what they’re advertising. They say unlimited where in fact there’s a cap of 1TB per month and if you go over they charge you. Plenty of people on their Talk To forum have been caught by their misleading advertising and some in fact have found changes made to Eir’s site to try hide their misleading advertising

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

mikeysmith wrote: »
    i presume the one i got is slightly different it says a 'switching deal'

would they know i'm with vodafone?

i just signed a contract extension with vf ,is there a cooling off with a contract extension?

Yes, 14 days by law iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Sup08 wrote: »
    35 for the first 6 months if you buy online, then €40 and €76 after 12 months. 12 month contract

eir-offer.png

Got that at the weekend plus a free tablet in their black Friday sale. Must put a reminder in to switch next black friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aspasp1

Got that at the weekend plus a free tablet in their black Friday sale. Must put a reminder in to switch next black friday

ordered the same..but did not get any confirmation email.. i did get to the confirmation after putting in bank details etc and got the date of installation etc. but no email to confirm all this..

am i missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

aspasp1 wrote: »
    ordered the same..but did not get any confirmation email.. i did get to the confirmation after putting in bank details etc and got the date of installation etc. but no email to confirm all this..

am i missing something?

I got an email with an account number and details of the plan. Another one with installation date and my modem arrived. The rep on live chat said after the 14 day cooling off period is over I will get an email about claiming the tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭J_V_C

I've been with Eir for several years; it sucks.

Their BB is patchy at best, not one single day goes by without random drops in connection.

The prices are obscenely high for landline calls, and don't get me started on their charges for pay as you go mobile users...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'm with Vodafone who recently sent notice their plan is going up to €45 per month for BB only.

I don't suppose anyone had tried haggle VF loyalty team down stating this deal? Would be easier to just stay than signing up to a new service. I'm happy with VF so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭SteM

Was thinking of switching from VM because of their price increase but then I saw this on the Eir signup page.

Speeds of up to 40Mb are available at your home.

Think I'll leave it, not sure we could stand the drop in speed to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭as.eirinn

Can I ask do eir still monitor your internet traffic?, ie downloads and from where?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Can I please ask if this deal ( the deal that the OP put up) included TV ie basic TV package.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭as.eirinn

We recently re-signed back to VM after issuing them a cancellation notice. Broadband+phone...This was the best offer I could get off them.

One-off Monthly
    360Mb and Mobile World - €64.00
    Limitless 360Mb
    360Mb Broadband - unlimited usage allowance

Home Phone with Mobile World - Free calls to Irish mobiles and mobiles in 22 international destinations.
    Home Phone

12 month contract applies
    - €32.00 LOYALTY OFFER - 6 MONTHS HALF PRICE

• Registered Users Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭SteM

Wesser wrote: »
    Can I please ask if this deal ( the deal that the OP put up) included TV ie basic TV package.
    Thanks

No, look at the link. No TV included in this package.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Cheers op.
    Got notified by Sky that they're upping my prices, so can cancel without charge.
    Never *touch wood* had an issue with Eircom when I was with them before, so no problem changing back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Rossiechick34

I signed up for the Eir broadband and phone package with a free 10inch tablet for €35pm for the first 6 months and €40pm for the next 6. A 12 month contract. Am slightly apprehensive seems too good to be true. Free calls anytime to mobiles and landlines. Was paying €47pm to sky with useless phone package . Waiting on installation 5th December and tablet voucher should follow in 14 days. See they have a €50 cash back offer on at the moment replacing the tablet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Sup08 wrote: »

eir-offer.png

Thanks! I got the letter about the 40 pm deal for 12 months and was going to sign up, but 35 x 6 and 40 x 6 is even better. Slighty different call packages but when you don't even have a handset, who cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

Hi,
    Rang Vodafone. I am on their broadband and landline bundle.
    I was on €45 per month. Price increase to €50.
    They offered reduced price of €45 euro for 12 months contract then €50 after that.
    Total €540 for 12 months.
    Total €840 if stay with them for 18 months.

Or €40 euro for 12 months + €50 euro for final 6 months for an 18 month contract.
    Total €780 if stay with them for 18 months.

Eir works out at:
    Price of €35 euro for 6 months and Price of €40 euro for 6 months for a 12 contract then €76 after that.
    Total €450 for 12 months - €50 cashback = €400.
    Saving of €140 for 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭grebtol2

J_V_C wrote: »
    I've been with Eir for several years; it sucks.

Their BB is patchy at best, not one single day goes by without random drops in connection.

The prices are obscenely high for landline calls, and don't get me started on their charges for pay as you go mobile users...

If their BB is "patchy" (not a scientific metric) then it's highly likely other DSL packages will be the same as many use Eircom's wholesale packages. Landline calls are generally included as people bundle them (current deal for example means you will bundle them) and most other calls are to fixed rate numbers. Not sure on PAYG mobile but most people again will bundle when using Eir mobile and receive minutes in bulk.

There is plenty to be critical of but Eir are probably no worse than other operators in my experience and have slowly but surely been upping their game. This latest deal blows everyone else out of the water. The 12 month contract deal anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

Is there a handset included in the package?

1 terabyte is only 3OGB a day, that's a dealbreaker for me ATM as it's easy to use 30GB when there's a few people streaming

Vodafone is a straight 40 and never changes. They'll be trying to catch you out for extras on the home calls too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Hi,
    Rang Vodafone. I am on their broadband and landline bundle.
    I was on €45 per month. Price increase to €50.
    They offered reduced price of €45 euro for 12 months contract then €50 after that.
    Total €540 for 12 months.
    Total €840 if stay with them for 18 months.

Or €40 euro for 12 months + €50 euro for final 6 months for an 18 month contract.
    Total €780 if stay with them for 18 months.

Eir works out at:
    Price of €35 euro for 6 months and Price of €40 euro for 6 months for a 12 contract then €76 after that.
    Total €450 for 12 months - €50 cashback = €400.
    Saving of €140 for 12 months.

Got offered a 5e off for 12 months, was told that it would automatically re contract me but that will be rolled back immediately and disregard the letter. Decided to stick with Vodafone. If I forget to switch provider in 12 months time the plan is automatically going to 76e a month with Eir whereas the Vodafone one will only go back to 50e. I'm happy with Vodafone in fairness and no point moving. (I reluctantly moved to 3 last Monday week and already ported back to Vodafone- don't "fix" whats not broken-within reason:D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭mkov

I emailed Vodafone asking them if I can have some discount as I am out of contract and I got no response. I also send message to talk to vodafone reps but no reply, so switched to Eir today. Seems like amazing offer, much better what competition has.

My partner has sky broadband + tv our of contract too, and the offer was 6 euro discount of the 79 euro package (but also was told that the price is going up by 4 euro in December) so in total savings of 2 euro per month. Guess Eir will be getting lots of business.

Our usage was around 200-300GB per month so 1TB should be plenty. I think they just don't want people abusing the service with heavy load as I imagine only very tiny percentage of people hit 1TB unless you are watching 4k live stream 12 hours per day for the whole month or the internet is shared by 15 people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭mkov

I signed up for the Eir broadband and phone package with a free 10inch tablet for €35pm for the first 6 months and €40pm for the next 6. A 12 month contract. Am slightly apprehensive seems too good to be true. Free calls anytime to mobiles and landlines. Was paying €47pm to sky with useless phone package . Waiting on installation 5th December and tablet voucher should follow in 14 days. See they have a €50 cash back offer on at the moment replacing the tablet.

had a quick look at that tablet specs and it seems like very poor spec. Something like that 49/79 euro tablets you get in Tesco or Argos.

found -

• 1" IPS 1280x800 pixels TFT 16M colour display
    • Internal memory 16GB ROM+ 1G RAM
    • Micro SD support up to 32GB
    • 2 Mpxl camera
    1GB or ram for android tablet seems unusable. 2 Mpxl camera is waste of space. Also it seems to be running Android L 5.0 - which is pretty old version.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I have a telephone line into the house but it was deactivated 10+ years ago. Would it be extra to get this turned back on/number assigned? Not a bad deal otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭ben36

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    I have a telephone line into the house but it was deactivated 10+ years ago. Would it be extra to get this turned back on/number assigned? Not a bad deal otherwise.

No,i got mine installed this morning from eir.2 installers came seperately,one installed the phone line first and 30 mins later another came and installed the broadband.With virgin the last 8 years and previous to that Eircom.

I'm glad Virgin raised their prices by so much this month as otherwise i wouldn't have even bothered looking at other providers.I actually saved a lot more as i now also have bt/eir sports free through my sky box so i cancelled my €25 a month bt sports package.Added bonus too is that they provide it to another sky box if u have multiroom

Advertisement