Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Switching offer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭loki7777

OK, then sorry. My should come after 24th but it will be going to my bank account instead of paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Atrides

my contract started on 21.12.2017
    loki7777 wrote: »
    it will be going to my bank account instead of paypal.

the same thing, customer service agent told me about my cashback

but still nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭limerickpat

I signed up before this thread started and only got the €50 this week so its slow alright. The emails are like jumping through hoops

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

Got an email this morning about my €50 cashback. Clicked link input all info and now have to wait for 72hrs for them to verify!

My install date was the 16th of Dec. Also, anyone get the tablet they offered as part of the deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭loki7777

Got an email this morning about my €50 cashback. Clicked link input all info and now have to wait for 72hrs for them to verify!

My install date was the 16th of Dec. Also, anyone get the tablet they offered as part of the deal?

Paypal or bank account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

Haven't been able to get that far yet. They just looked for some Customer numbers etc., for verification purposes. I assume the next link they send me is Paypal details.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Same here, install date Dec 18th and got d email this morning.
    Will follow up later but it does mention Paypal & signing up for a deals site.

Hadn't realised d cash back was part of my deal so happy days.

Got an email this morning to claim cashback. And they give 3 attempts only to enter the password.

2 attempts already taken.1 attempt left.

Anyone remember their password complexity requirements?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Atrides wrote: »
    Got an email this morning to claim cashback. And they give 3 attempts only to enter the password.

2 attempts already taken.1 attempt left.

Anyone remember their password complexity requirements?

I think min 8 chars, must have uppercase, number and symbol

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Signed up on the 6th December. Got an email on Thursday 25th Jan. Check your email/junkmail daily folks.

• Advertisement

Theyre seriously dragging d arse outta this process, got an email last week to login to the 'eir gift account' which said I'd get another email for 50 quid via PayPal.
    Still no sign.
    Feels like they making us jump through enough hoops to get sick of it and not bother!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭grebtol2

Utterly ridiculous system. It's so convoluted. I suspect that is the point.

Got my cash back via PayPal this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Got my €50 this morning. Had forgotten all about it! Woohoo!

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭mikep

By the way...the €35 bundle is a sham..will be €50 per month..some additions that weren't clear on any of the documentation I got when signing up..

mikep wrote: »
    By the way...the €35 bundle is a sham..will be €50 per month..some additions that weren't clear on any of the documentation I got when signing up..

Don't think that's right.

Just got my first bill and there is a section for service charges which has €19.03 added to the €35 bundle charge.

mikep wrote: »
    Just got my first bill and there is a section for service charges which has €19.03 added to the €35 bundle charge.

Maybe it was a connection charge?
    Or part month or something.

It was heavily advertised that it's €35pm for 6 months, €40pm after that, 12 month contract. Don't think they'd get away with throwing €20 on to the bill every month "service charge".

I hope you are right Soarer..
    I'll know next month..still cheaper than sky due to the lack of call charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

You're not going to query the charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭geotrig

Soarer wrote: »
    Maybe it was a connection charge?
    Or part month or something.

It was heavily advertised that it's €35pm for 6 months, €40pm after that, 12 month contract. Don't think they'd get away with throwing €20 on to the bill every month "service charge".

Are you sure its not a charge for partial month usage i.e connection day 25th bill from 1-31 etc ? so 4-5 days that need to be charged for and month in advance ? that the way most bills go ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

geotrig wrote: »
    Are you sure its not a charge for partial month usage i.e connection day 25th bill from 1-31 etc ? so 4-5 days that need to be charged for and month in advance ? that the way most bills go ?

That is exactly what it is.

Sorry all..my fault..re read bill and they are part charges alright..:blush:
    Phew!

How long should I wait after giving them my PayPal details?

14 days I think

erkifino wrote: »
    How long should I wait after giving them my PayPal details?

Nae mind. I got it today.

Anyone else have an issue keeping their old landline number?
    I moved from VF to eir in late December and then when I noticed my landline number was different I contacted support in Feb.
    They said it could take about 2weeks to port the number.
    I contacted them today on online chat for a status update to be told that because of the package I'm on that it was not possible to keep my old number!
    According to the staff member it is not possible to port due to the fact that I'm on a VOIP/VOBB package!
    Seriously p**sed off about this!

Anyone else manage to port-in their old landline number or anyone with the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

Changed my number when they installed my fibre, first I heard of it, requested my old number three times, it was never done, gave up after that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭muckbrien

I queried going over the 1TB when I signed up to this.

A manager said that he'd never heard of anyone being charged

Now that I'm signing up for Netflix 4k if they start charging me surchage I'm switching to VF and not giving them a penny extra

Advertisement