Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Switching offer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

1tb per month allowance on fair usage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

1tb per month allowance on fair usage

Easy enough to go through that nowadays

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

My eir is getting installed on Monday and Monday is my 14 day Cooling off period is up on Monday. Getting cold feet!
    Haven’t had a great experience dealing with them so far. Afraid of having no B.B. over Christmas.

Alternatives are sky affinity offer tv and B.B. €50 x 12 or pure telecom deal €24 x 6m then €50 x 6m and €50 cash back for B.B. and phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭grebtol2

I've gone with Eir. I've had some trouble in previous years but I'm pleasantly surprised with the service. I needed a line repair too. Everything was well organised and on schedule.

grebtol2 wrote: »
    I've gone with Eir. I've had some trouble in previous years but I'm pleasantly surprised with the service. I needed a line repair too. Everything was well organised and on schedule.

Me too everything went nice and smooth and on time and not problem so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Easy enough to go through that nowadays

1TB is a huge amount of data ,no househould under normal usage should be using a fraction of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Got connected up today. KN dude was here and put in the new router and what not. Came in and connected the laptops, phones, etc. Ran speedtest and am getting a nice 40Mbps, up from the shambolic 1.27Mbps I was getting this morning! Tis like a different world here now :D

How do ya get the sport activated on the sky box now?

Zardoz wrote: »
    1TB is a huge amount of data ,no househould under normal usage should be using a fraction of that.

U be very surprised nowadays. Streaming HD and 4k content it soon builds up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I have never hit the 1Tb but I could get through 500Gb a month with small bit of streaming, YouTube, kids on YouTube and whatnot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

While 1tb is huge. I don't like the idea of being with a provider that limits my use at any point. Broadband is expensive and I should be able to use as much as I want.

I'm with sky and will only go with networks with actual unlimited.

• Advertisement

Mr.H wrote: »
    While 1tb is huge. I don't like the idea of being with a provider that limits my use at any point. Broadband is expensive and I should be able to use as much as I want.

I'm with sky and will only go with networks with actual unlimited.
    They might remove it soon enough won't hold my breath tho.i got rid of sky as the speed I was getting in evenings was next to nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

Tylerdurex wrote: »
    I wouldn't touch eir with a barge pole. Dodgy out

Eircom, now eir, if you fancy plenty of misery, theyre the lads..rotten service, balllsed up bills, every form of crap, theyll dish it up without compuction or mercy..

So checked my usage between Netflix 4k and HD and iptv YouTube ps4 and plex I've already racked up 45gb today between 4 of us lol.1tb usage my hole. Times have changed now 1tb is not enough

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭vicM

Millem wrote: »
    My eir is getting installed on Monday and Monday is my 14 day Cooling off period is up on Monday. Getting cold feet!
    Haven’t had a great experience dealing with them so far. Afraid of having no B.B. over Christmas.

Alternatives are sky affinity offer tv and B.B. €50 x 12 or pure telecom deal €24 x 6m then €50 x 6m and €50 cash back for B.B. and phone.

Your cooling off period starts only after the service has been installed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

vicM wrote: »
    Your cooling off period starts only after the service has been installed

There are 2 cooling off periods.

I found this out much to my dismay.

Your first cooling off period is for 2 weeks when you place the initial order.
    Eir don't process the order fully until 2 weeks have elapsed 'in case you change your mind!' Therefore they don't cancel your service with existing providers.

The second cooling off period is after the service is installed.

Eir told me a few white lies and gave me a false install date to ensure I sign up. It ended up that I spent 2 hours on the phone with Eir and another hour with my current provider to try to sort it out. I ended up having to cancel the Eir order as I was being hit with a €200 early cancel charge from my current provider as Eir didn't process the account switch in time.

There are 2 cooling off periods.

I found this out much to my dismay.

Your first cooling off period is for 2 weeks when you place the initial order.
    Eir don't process the order fully until 2 weeks have elapsed 'in case you change your mind!' Therefore they don't cancel your service with existing providers.

The second cooling off period is after the service is installed.

Eir told me a few white lies and gave me a false install date to ensure I sign up. It ended up that I spent 2 hours on the phone with Eir and another hour with my current provider to try to sort it out. I ended up having to cancel the Eir order as I was being hit with a €200 early cancel charge from my current provider as Eir didn't process the account switch in time.
    So if eir B.B. is terrible can I still cancel without penalty 2 weeks after tomorrow (install date).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

So if eir B.B. is terrible can I still cancel without penalty 2 weeks after tomorrow (install date).

Just phone them to confirm as I was messed about quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

The past year or more they say you can cancel upto 14 days after the final product goes live. I got stung before where they said 14 days from the day that you order the product- even though they hadn't even activated the broadband at that point. You just need to call them if you want to exercise your cool off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

Got connected up today. KN dude was here and put in the new router and what not. Came in and connected the laptops, phones, etc. Ran speedtest and am getting a nice 40Mbps, up from the shambolic 1.27Mbps I was getting this morning! Tis like a different world here now :D

How do ya get the sport activated on the sky box now?
    You can do it online. Very straight forward. Was activated within half an hour. https://www.eir.ie/sport/

Ah-Watch wrote: »

The past year or more they say you can cancel upto 14 days after the final product goes live. I got stung before where they said 14 days from the day that you order the product- even though they hadn't even activated the broadband at that point. You just need to call them if you want to exercise your cool off
    Had to cancel it today as they couldn’t install it. Reinstallation date would not of been until January so no use to me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭roosterman71

eezipc wrote: »
    You can do it online. Very straight forward. Was activated within half an hour. https://www.eir.ie/sport/

Got there eventually. The system wouldn't let me log in. Process:
    1. Create myeir account
    2. Find the link to activate eir Sports on Sky, click it
    3. This opened a new page looking for me to log in again to myeir (bloody retarded but I digress)
    4. Username/password was deemed incorrect

Had to get onto them. Turns out, after much digging, that they have a 10 character limit for validation of the password on that page. My password was 11 characters. So had to change the password to be 10 or less and it worked then.

Maybe people should note that - your password for myeir should be between 6 and 10 characters long :D

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

Eir put me on an older system (according to the Eir install engineer) which is giving me a max of 8mbps. Virgin can give me 28mbps but my estate has efibre and eir won't move on to this system unless I upgrade.

Why didn't they put me on the efibre from day one, I wonder will i be charged extra for this transfer to efibre?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Just got mine installed today and getting a better speed than VF. Set up was quick and easy, simply just changed the modem and took 2 hours for the service to come on. Although, told it could take up to 24hrs. eir Talk app is a cool feature as well. Overall very impressed with it so far.

LAN 85.4Mbps
    WIFI 70+Mbps @2.4Ghz
    5Ghz not so good unless close to the Modem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 BinLiner2

Anyone get the cashback?

It's supposed to be via PayPal

It says 14 days after the install date when the cooling off period has expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

BinLiner2 wrote: »
    Anyone get the cashback?

It's supposed to be via PayPal

I rang them last week, as I was supposed to get the €50 cash back via Paypal. They fobbed me off & told me that I should get it within a few days. I didn’t.

I rang them again today & this time got a very helpful rep. She checked my account & saw that I hadn’t received my €50. She then told me that instead of the €50 cashback via PayPal she’d credit my Eir account with €50. I’m happy with that, as it will be taken off my next bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 BinLiner2

How long after install do they send a bill or a letter with account details and phone number

I'm switched on but have no correspondence apart from a phone call for installation

How long after install do they send a bill or a letter with account details and phone number

I'm switched on but have no correspondence apart from a phone call for installation

If you log into myeir online or the app, it tells you your first bill date.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

If you want to find out your phone number you can dial 199000 and it will call out your phone number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

Man am I mad with myself for signing up to this offer. Second night in and here I am having to use my phone as a hotspot. Eir dropping all the time 2 hours or more on the phone, not solved. Last 4 years with Sky. Suddenly my line has a fault and will be next Thursday Engineer can fix it What a disaster. Typical auld eircom. Going to ring to cancel in the morning .

Advertisement