Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Switching offer

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭NATLOR

muckbrien wrote: »
    I queried going over the 1TB when I signed up to this.

A manager said that he'd never heard of anyone being charged

Now that I'm signing up for Netflix 4k if they start charging me surchage I'm switching to VF and not giving them a penny extra

VF also have a 1TB FUP. Sky AND VM are the only true unlimited BB provider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭muckbrien

Apparently VF don't charge

What's Sky and VM like for Fttc?

I heard sky is muck with contention and slow speeds

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭joebre

theShire wrote: »
    Anyone else have an issue keeping their old landline number?
    I moved from VF to eir in late December and then when I noticed my landline number was different I contacted support in Feb.
    They said it could take about 2weeks to port the number.
    I contacted them today on online chat for a status update to be told that because of the package I'm on that it was not possible to keep my old number!
    According to the staff member it is not possible to port due to the fact that I'm on a VOIP/VOBB package!
    Seriously p**sed off about this!

Anyone else manage to port-in their old landline number or anyone with the same issue?

I am having terrible difficulties since 5th December. They originally connected me with a new number. I am porting from Vomino (VOIP) My old number was originally an Eir number from 1o years ago. I have spoken to nearly everybody in Eir at this stage but nobody has told me it can'e be done. Yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭mobby

muckbrien wrote: »
    I queried going over the 1TB when I signed up to this.

A manager said that he'd never heard of anyone being charged

Now that I'm signing up for Netflix 4k if they start charging me surchage I'm switching to VF and not giving them a penny extra

Deffo charge for going over 1Tb, billed about €20 extra in my last bill for going over it was due to having installed a new larger hard drive in a playstation 4 and having to download all the games etc again put me over.First time ever , in fairness to eircom never had any connection issues and does everything I want even on 30mb, so even with the last increase I more then likely will stay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭loki7777

There was always 1tb limit with eir(com) and still is. And they charge for any gb over 1tb. According to V they don't charge(yet) but will send you a warning when you will go over 1tb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

loki7777 wrote: »
    There was always 1tb limit with eir(com) and still is. And they charge for any gb over 1tb. According to V they don't charge(yet) but will send you a warning when you will go over 1tb

Got billed last month for going over from them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Have the same issue with nearly 6 months
    I’m getting a different story every time I ring and no one will ring back at all.
    I’ve been told several times the number will b reinstated within a week as simple as that.
    But each time I ring back again it’s like dejavu

theShire wrote: »
    Anyone else have an issue keeping their old landline number?
    I moved from VF to eir in late December and then when I noticed my landline number was different I contacted support in Feb.
    They said it could take about 2weeks to port the number.
    I contacted them today on online chat for a status update to be told that because of the package I'm on that it was not possible to keep my old number!
    According to the staff member it is not possible to port due to the fact that I'm on a VOIP/VOBB package!
    Seriously p**sed off about this!

Anyone else manage to port-in their old landline number or anyone with the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭roosterman71

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Jazus, im trying to upgrade to a home broadband/mobile bundle for the last hour and keep getting passed from department to department and getting disconnected, I can only imagine what it would be like if I had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Make that two hours, unreal service or lack of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AD!

Hi all,

Looks like everyone is having the same issues but I finally got the email saying my e50 would be paid to my paypal account. I clicked the link in the email to ‘claim your money’ and it brought me to PayPal and I logged in with my normal paypal log in details. There was no confirmation that it is complete and my balance is still zero.
    Does it take a few days?

Thanks
    Alan

AD! wrote: »
    Hi all,

Looks like everyone is having the same issues but I finally got the email saying my e50 would be paid to my paypal account. I clicked the link in the email to ‘claim your money’ and it brought me to PayPal and I logged in with my normal paypal log in details. There was no confirmation that it is complete and my balance is still zero.
    Does it take a few days?

Thanks
    Alan

I was on holidays when the link to claim came. Missed the deadline by 94 mins! Mailed and rang, was told tough titties

I was on holidays when the link to claim came. Missed the deadline by 94 mins! Mailed and rang, was told tough titties

They definitely make it difficult to claim and I’m sure they are hoping people won’t claim it

They definitely make it difficult to claim and I’m sure they are hoping people won’t claim it

They won't entertain me at all. I missed the deadline. End of :(

I rang them and.told.them I was cancelling account cos I hadn't received the cash back

They credited my account 50 straightaway

bogman wrote: »
    Make that two hours, unreal service or lack of.

Try to avoid ringing them at all costs

It's just mental torment

Sure if ya cancel yer liable to some cancellation fee aren't ya?

Sure if ya cancel yer liable to some cancellation fee aren't ya?

It was a bluff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭loki7777

Hi all,

Does it take a few days?

Thanks
    Alan

It took exactly 13 days;)

loki7777 wrote: »
    It took exactly 13 days;)

Thanks for the reply!
    I thought I did something wrong - and normally I would wait but they have a deadline of 72 hours to claim it through the email. So it sounds the same as what happened to you and I’ll just wait the 13 days so!

• Advertisement
Advertisement