Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Royal Rumble 2018 Thread *Spoilers***No Betting Talk*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

This used to be my favourite ppv of the year and now i couldnt care less, will still watch of course but the excitement of surprise returns and who could win is somewhat diluted this year due to the already predictable raw wrestlemania main event.

Cant wait for the annual pointing to the wrestlemania sign to commence

As for who i hope wins, Rusev (not a hope) but i gotta hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,144 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Nakamura.

Vince will give the Internet Styles v Nakamura for the title to offset his love child beating Lesnar at Mania.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

At least we know for def that Jericho wont be making an appearance anyways since he is in Paris with Fozzy

• Registered Users Posts: 60,417 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ziggler to unquit and return.

• Advertisement

Good instagram post by Kurt :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

the devil in me wants to see a big dog win and him pointing to the mania sign just to see the internet devour itself with rage

Good instagram post by Kurt :D

There is a spoiler not really a spoiler in it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

ricero wrote: »
    the devil in me wants to see a big dog win and him pointing to the mania sign just to see the internet devour itself with rage

I wanted him to beat Brock at wrestlemania while still intercontinental champion for the same reason

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PSA: Quick reminder for the Royal Rumble

When you're watching the Royal Rumble just remember

Roman Reigns wins the Royal Rumble - He Main Events WrestleMania
    Roman Reigns loses the Royal Rumble - He Main Events WrestleMania

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thinking Cena will be in early so he'll be standing on his own at some point for a surprise entrant. I think (recent signing)
    Lashley

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Kind of hope Reigns and Brock both win tonight and they have the WrestleMania match confirmed by the end of the night. They've been building to this match for a year, it's main eventing Mania, I don't want to have to wait another month for them to confirm the match is happening. Plus it'll be worth it to see the reactions both in the building and online. Their match at Mania from a few years ago was great too, the only thing that annoyed me about it was not getting a proper finish. Apart from that, I'd have no problem with Balor, Nakamura or Cena winning to challenge Styles.

I would love to see Becky win the women's Rumble.
    I'm looking forward to the two tag title matches, especially the SmackDown one. I love watching Gable wrestle, think he might actually be the most underrated guy on the roster right now.

Wasn't looking forward to the two main title matches at all, but Lesnar running through Strowman coming down the ramp on Raw has me hopeful that this could be a lot of fun to watch.
    It's shocking how little I'm excited for a match involving Styles, Zayn and Owens because of how stupid I find the story.

I'm just so apathetic to seeing Reigns headline another Wrestlemania and winning the Universal Championship again. If it wasn't so telegraphed ahead of time that Reigns was going to win and end the show stood on the turnbuckle & the Championship held high.

I might've, just might have shown a slither of interest.

But that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Ali Bomaye wrote: »
    Kind of hope Reigns and Brock both win tonight and they have the WrestleMania match confirmed by the end of the night. .

God no please not Reigns! He had his chance (and chances) and it hasn't worked. Turn him heel and give him fresh impetus. At least don't have him win it again pleassssssssssssssseeee!! :pac:

I think it will be Balor to win it. Don't see Nakamura winning it. Don't get me wrong, I'd love that too but I don't see Vince greenlighting that.Reigns will throw out a load though. Thats almost guaranteed!

Like Lithium said though, I think they will still have Reigns in the main event of Mania. They just will hold off for now to get good headlines.

I would love to See Becky win the Womens Rumble. I think she deserves it.

I'm kinda worried about the womens one as I think there could be a load of botches. Some of them are very sloppy in my opinion.I fear the worst but hope for the best kinda thing!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

5drxit.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Reigns to win I reckon. Sucks. But at least have a few surprise entrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Personally I am more than happy to see Reigns win if it happens. I want to see him main event vs Brock again. I thought the last main event match between them was great and far exceeded expectations; and Reigns has got even better since then. He's the biggest full time star they have and does well in merch sales, Youtube views, and Google Trends. The booing is almost like a shtick at this point as the huge pops for The Shield reunion a few months back indicated. (Remember Rollins and Ambrose were already a team prior to the Shield reunion so if they really hated Reigns so much they could have shat all over it at the time - except they didn't because it's all a shtick like the Cena booing. They were happy to see The Shield, i.e. Roman being there, but would boo him every time he had mic work - because it's a shtick)

No need imo to change course in order to placate a disgruntled vocal minority like this who the numbers show don't reflect the majority. They didn't do it with Cena when the boo boys threw their toys out of the pram and I see no need to do it now with no obvious slam dunk alternative to draw beyond the hardcores demographic.

Having said all that, I still think a Smackdown guy wins as Raw's main event will likely be decided next month.

Probably nothing...
    But as just pointed out to me by my friend Lawler on the Preshow is just wearing a tracksuit top with no shirt on. Don't tell me he'll be a surprise entrant?

Looks like he's just out of the gym type of thing (or more importantly looks like hrs wearing any ol thing in preparation for something)

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I'd like to see Asuka win and go after Charlotte's title. Two full timers that could have a singles match the wrestlemania crowd could be really in to.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Feel like there's a decent chance Bálor wins so he can challenge Styles. Would love to see Pete Dunne get a spot in the Rumble. Other NXT guys I'd like to see get a spot are Dain and Roddy Strong.

• Advertisement

Probably nothing...
    But as just pointed out to me by my friend Lawler on the Preshow is just wearing a tracksuit top with no shirt on. Don't tell me he'll be a surprise entrant?

Looks like he's just out of the gym type of thing (or more importantly looks like hrs wearing any ol thing in preparation for something)

I doubt Vince will never let Lawlor anywhere near his ring after the heart attack.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

It's sad to see what the Rumble has become over the last years, looking down through the recent list of winners and it's pretty uninspiring
    Orton
    HHH
    Reigns
    Batista
    Cena
    Sheamus

Apparently those on the pre-show are wrestling in an empty arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Fatty Magoo

Personally I am more than happy to see Reigns win if it happens. I want to see him main event vs Brock again. I thought the last main event match between them was great and far exceeded expectations; and Reigns has got even better since then. He's the biggest full time star they have and does well in merch sales, Youtube views, and Google Trends. The booing is almost like a shtick at this point as the huge pops for The Shield reunion a few months back indicated. (Remember Rollins and Ambrose were already a team prior to the Shield reunion so if they really hated Reigns so much they could have shat all over it at the time - except they didn't because it's all a shtick like the Cena booing. They were happy to see The Shield, i.e. Roman being there, but would boo him every time he had mic work - because it's a shtick)

No need imo to change course in order to placate a disgruntled vocal minority like this who the numbers show don't reflect the majority. They didn't do it with Cena when the boo boys threw their toys out of the pram and I see no need to do it now with no obvious slam dunk alternative to draw beyond the hardcores demographic.

Having said all that, I still think a Smackdown guy wins as Raw's main event will likely be decided next month.

I think you are typical of the average WWE fan, you just accept whatever the WWE deems is good for business (even when it is not). Reigns is NOT over. Arena's full of booing people is not a "Shtick" its reality

Camera angles on the ring are very tight alright to hide no one there.

I doubt Vince will never let Lawlor anywhere near his ring after the heart attack.

True.
    While he does still wrestle on the indys surely no way wwe would let him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm kinda worried about the womens one as I think there could be a load of botches. Some of them are very sloppy in my opinion.I fear the worst but hope for the best kinda thing!!

I agree here. The women are shoreter so going over the top rope will be more difficult. I can see it being more obvious when they're helping by putting themselves over.

I was about to say it's too early for the preshow then I remembered it's a 2 hour preshow with main show at 12.

True.
    While he does still wrestle on the indys surely no way wwe would let him.

I'd say medically he is fine and has more than likely been cleared by his own doctor/s I just don't see Vince taking the risk for very little reward a semi decent pop doesn't justify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Here's my two cents worth:
    Brock vs Reigns has been sold as the WM main event already - at WM31.
    They wouldn't sell the same WM main event again, would they? I know they did it back-to-back for Cena vs Rock at WM28 and 29, but Reigns hasn't that calibre of starpower.
    So, if Vince really does want Reigns in the main event, maybe its Brock that will be sacrificed. Enter Bobby Lashley into the title match tonight to cost Brock the title and set up that match at WM. Which leaves Braun vs Roman at WM!
    Longshot? Yes but worth a throw away fiver :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think you are typical of the average WWE fan, you just accept whatever the WWE deems is good for business (even when it is not). Reigns is NOT over. Arena's full of booing people is not a "Shtick" its reality

Well I think you're typical of the average Reigns hater, allowing emotion cloud your judgement. I've been critical of WWE many times when I feel it's been warranted. Pushing a guy who moves all the right numbers and looks and works like a top guy is a logical move on their part. How do you explain The Shield reunion being over when he got involved? If he was such a turn-off shouldn't crowds have rejected him since they already had Ambrose and Rollins prior to him being added? Also using your logic that getting booed in arenas is not over then that means John Cena is not over.

Advertisement