Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Royal Rumble 2018 Thread *Spoilers***No Betting Talk*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kentoccfc

He already had a title match earlier. So nobody expected/wanted him to enter.

Ideally, the same thing happens with Strowman this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Stroman winning won't happen, Roman is getting the belt at mania so it needs to be a Smackdown winner. Roman can just win the Elimination Chamber. Or maybe he'll get done for steroids before that. We can live in hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kentoccfc

Stroman winning won't happen, Roman is getting the belt at mania so it needs to be a Smackdown winner. Roman can just win the Elimination Chamber. Or maybe he'll get done for steroids before that. We can live in hope.

It’s almost too obvious at this stage.

Picture it though, week before Mania, he gets caught for steroids!

Good old Hunter would step in and beat Brock.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,028 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Great. Now we know he's gonna win.

He didn't say for which rumble though did he?;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He already had a title match earlier. So nobody expected/wanted him to enter.

Exactly. Which means they started the show with only 29 entrants or he arranged with someone backstage to take their spot. Or maybe the 30th spot was intended for the loser of the title match.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Exactly. Which means they started the show with only 29 entrants or he arranged with someone backstage to take their spot. Or maybe the 30th spot was intended for the loser of the title match.

Pretty sure way less than 29 spots have been pre announced for this years mens (and womens) rumble. It's not unusual for people who have matches on the Rumble card to appear again but Reigns arriving when he did and winning the thing that's what stood out.

I want Rusev to win. I'll go with Nakamura winning, ill be bored if Cena/Orton win, annoyed if Reigns wins, shocked if Daniel Bryan wins, i'll be confused but delighted if Finn or Braun wins

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It's not unusual for people who have matches on the Rumble card to appear again but Reigns arriving when he did and winning the thing that's what stood out.

Am I right in thinking there was one year when Mick Foley entered three times in different gimmicks? Cactus Jack, Mankind, and Dude Love?

Am I right in thinking there was one year when Mick Foley entered three times in different gimmicks? Cactus Jack, Mankind, and Dude Love?

Yep. 98.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yep. 98.

That was great by foley. I do remember thinking it wasn't the best rumble because you knew it was all about Austin. Also 1999 was crap because outside of Austin and Vince the rest was pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Roman probably should win this but I don't think he will. Smackdown winner of this then Roman will take some roundabout way to set up the Lesnar match.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,015 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Offically gone silent from spoilers from now til the end of the PPV

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Undertaker and Michelle Mccool
    are both in Philadelphia as they flew into the city on Friday night

Could be surprise entrants!

I hope the fans burn the place to the ground if Roman wins.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I hope the fans burn the place to the ground if Roman wins.

Not a chance he will win. He will win at EC. They wouldn’t make the same mistake of letting Roman win the Rumble again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Loughc wrote: »
    Not a chance he will win. He will win at EC. They wouldn’t make the same mistake of letting Roman win the Rumble again.

Oh, don’t challenge Vince. If he read that Roman might enter number 1 eliminate everyone as they enter the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

martyos121 wrote: »
    Oh, don’t challenge Vince. If he read that Roman might enter number 1 eliminate everyone as they enter the ring.

I keep getting thoughts theyve cleared bryan only to have roman eliminate him

• Registered Users Posts: 23,124 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

sky88 wrote: »

The arena would explode. The internet would explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭The White Feather

sky88 wrote: »
    J. Marston wrote: »
    The arena would explode. The internet would explode.

I'd love if they did that to turn Roman heel. Now that would be an epic heel turn! Imagine if him or John Cena did it! They could have a match then at Wrestlemania.

That would be a great story to follow but WWE never do this kind of thing anymore. They always miss opportunities like that like when people wanted Bryan to come out in the Rumble a few years ago but he was kept out.They could have used Bad news Barrett to announce he wasn't.

They could hit Bryans music and out comes the Miz (tho I don't think he is in it as he is a champion) or CM Punks music and have Curt Hawkins (or whoever) to come out. Loads of stuff like this that they never do

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

SlickRic wrote: »
    nobody should be surprised that Steph is commentating on the Rumble match.

the McMahons are the most insecure family in the history of sports or entertainment, and they are obsessed with taking ownership of the 'Women's Revolution'. I expect to hear that phrase at least half a dozen times on Sunday.

it's sad.
    it's pathetic.
    it's counter-productive.

in 2018, who the hell talks about a 'women's revolution'? Women in sports is not a new thing. Women being good at sport isn't fúcking revolutionary. It's the norm. People watch it and enjoy it. WWE aren't leading the way on this. They're actually patronising the women with how much they go on about it, and how they try and shove Steph to the forefront of it.

Such small-time insecurity from a bunch of people who head the biggest wrestling company in the world.

Another contender for Rant Of The Year, and we're only still in January.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »

LOL oh yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,600 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bryan or Finn to win the rumble

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

LOL oh yeah?

Yeah. :)

One things for sure, they never learn a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Will there be a predictions thread up for tonight's RR ?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,432 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So will any of the ECW originals make a surprise Rumble appearances in the Philly Rumble.

I would have said RVD but since it's been said he isn't medically cleared I guessing it will just be Dudley to appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,432 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So I'm thinking the only thing left for Roman to do to get over is to enter the Rumble at number 1 and outlast every other Superstar before winning it.

Vince that will finally do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

So I'm thinking the only thing left for Roman to do to get over is to enter the Rumble at number 1 and outlast every other Superstar before winning it.

Vince that will finally do it.

I think that'll do the opposite tbh! The horse has has bolted I think unfortunately and I do rate Reigns a lot as he's become a very good worker. To think back 4 years ago where he was so over and destined for greatness had they let things flow naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

So Rusev Day is finally here imo, I for one welcome our new overlord

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Surprise appearances:

Dreamer
    Lashley
    Al Snow

Trish Stratus
    Lita
    The ghost of Moolah to horrendously abuse the women on the roster and ruin their lives

Advertisement