Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Royal Rumble 2018 Thread *Spoilers***No Betting Talk*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Wouldn't surprise me if she enters the match at number 30. If Rousey does come in for Wrestlemania then Steph will be the one she'll be working with.

Good chance that either Rousey eliminates her in the match or Steph sneaks up and eliminates her,leading to either Steph v Ronda at Wrestlemania or Steph and HHH v Ronda and The Rock.

For the match at Mania to have heat, makes sense forSteph to eliminate Ronda. I don't know how over Ronda will be when she debuts as she has been out of the limelight for a bit and Brock had been in the E previously.

Working with Steph probably means she will be over as a face due to how loathsome Steph is, anybody else the crowd could turn on Ronda.

Expect to see Nia in some sort of enforcer role for Steph also.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,144 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I've never given less of a shít about the Rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They could instantly make a star out of any of the women if they threw Stephanie out.

The pop would blow the roof off the place.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

SlickRic wrote: »
    I've never given less of a shabout the Rumble.

I was genuinely looking forward to watching the Rumble on Sunday, then Raw 25 happened and it genuinely has made me realise I have no faith in WWE to put on a decent show on Sunday night and I could prob do with the sleep more.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

J. Marston wrote: »
    They could instantly make a star out of any of the women if they threw Stephanie out.

The pop would blow the roof off the place.

They could... or they could have Step humiliate the winner or win it herself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

SlickRic wrote: »
    I've never given less of a shít about the Rumble.

In a way, I'm actually happy the build up as been bad.

Usually, they build up one or two people, and the winner is obvious weeks out. And don't get me wrong, there's an obvious favorite in Reigns. But from a story point of view, everyone has been neglected equally this year....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I would like Bayley to be the one to eliminate Steph. She's previously been on the receiving end of a Steph putdown and needs something to do

Lord TSC wrote: »
    In a way, I'm actually happy the build up as been bad.

Usually, they build up one or two people, and the winner is obvious weeks out. And don't get me wrong, there's an obvious favorite in Reigns. But from a story point of view, everyone has been neglected equally this year....

I still don't see Reigns getting the Rumble win, with the Raw PPV on in February, I imagine he'll win the Number one contender ship then.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I would like Bayley to be the one to eliminate Steph. She's previously been on the receiving end of a Steph putdown and needs something to do

Is Steph not commentating for the women's Rumble? I can't see her getting involved in it, maybe after it, she'll either get in the ring to celebrate with the winner or to humiliate them, either way she'll be looking to take the spotlight off them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Elimination chamber is a RAW PPV so they don't need a RAW winner........

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

27066968_1427172354078817_1465809077572085077_n.jpg?oh=86bec09c416bd1816adf1f427f462a20&oe=5AEE5C84

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Well I'll be muting commentary on the women's rumble then.

I'll try the Spanish feed.

Dunno if any of ye watch Derry Girls, but there was a bit in it with the granddad turning the volume to zero when Ian Paisley was on and could still hear him. Can picture that happening with Steph. No matter how low the volume is down or which language you choose, you'll still hear her.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I could see Asuka playing the Big Show role. The monster who eliminates a few people, looks unstoppable, and then a few women team up and throw her over, as the commentators stress how much work it took to eliminate her.

I'd have Becky as my favorite to win right now, tbh; a feud of Charlotte vs Becky practically writes itself, and is one they've not done yet really (at least on the main roster). Would be the best from a character and story PoV.

Mind, this is all presuming that the whole thing isn't to push
    Rhonda if she's joined
    . Or, worse yet, Stephanie decides she fancies winning it...
    Ronda is apparently off to Colombia to finish filming a movie,
    and she won't be back Stateside until mid-February

Steph is on that feed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Loughc wrote: »

How ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    How ?

She’ll be speaking in a Spanish accent.

Nah I’m just messing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Loughc wrote: »
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    How ?

BCmzwVzCEAAEo3c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,144 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

nobody should be surprised that Steph is commentating on the Rumble match.

the McMahons are the most insecure family in the history of sports or entertainment, and they are obsessed with taking ownership of the 'Women's Revolution'. I expect to hear that phrase at least half a dozen times on Sunday.

it's sad.
    it's pathetic.
    it's counter-productive.

in 2018, who the hell talks about a 'women's revolution'? Women in sports is not a new thing. Women being good at sport isn't fúcking revolutionary. It's the norm. People watch it and enjoy it. WWE aren't leading the way on this. They're actually patronising the women with how much they go on about it, and how they try and shove Steph to the forefront of it.

Such small-time insecurity from a bunch of people who head the biggest wrestling company in the world.

• Advertisement

Was thinking Kharma could make an appearance but then I read she got into some kind of backstage altercation with Reby Sky at tna so probably not gonna happen

I know it’d never happen but I would love for the WWE some year to go with a complete unexpected winner. A complete mid carder.

Some one like Chad Gable for example. And then they can spend the next two months building the fcuk out of him.

Show him training preparing for Mania. Getting advice from legends. It would really be a whole anything can happen at the Rumble moment.

Would never happen but it’d be awesome.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Yeah, that would be an interesting way of building someone. They kind of did that with Swagger but using the elimination chamber.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Any chance a mod could include (no betting talk) in the thread title?

This way everyone will take it to the betting thread.

Also the lads who don't want odds to spoil the RR this way their heads won't explode. Lol

Betting posts moved to relevant thread. Keep it in the betting thread please. Going to update the title and OP now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Been avoiding the odds but I’ve just seen a retweet from the Mirror football account which has probably spoiled it. Obviously I’m not saying what it was but it’s annoying that it’s been posted by a football related account.

Donald Trump is 150/1

Pentecost wrote: »
    Been avoiding the odds but I’ve just seen a retweet from the Mirror football account which has probably spoiled it. Obviously I’m not saying what it was but it’s annoying that it’s been posted by a football related account.

I think it's best to go dark soon, cause the spoilers will be harder and harder to avoid...

Donald Trump is 150/1

Great. Now we know he's gonna win.

I see Roman just officially entered the rumble. What were the other guys in the locker room doing that they hadn't all entered before him?

On that note, did he take someone else's spot last year or did they start the match with only 29 entrants?

• Advertisement

He already had a title match earlier. So nobody expected/wanted him to enter.

Advertisement