Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Royal Rumble 2018 Thread *Spoilers***No Betting Talk*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

It's sad to see what the Rumble has become over the last years, looking down through the recent list of winners and it's pretty uninspiring
    Orton
    HHH
    Reigns
    Batista
    Cena
    Sheamus

And Del Rio. Really it's not as important with 2 world titles. I figure someone from Smackdown will win it because Raw has the chamber ppv next month no other reason. Probably Nakamura as they've built up nobody for the match so I guess he makes more sense than Orton (not including Owens & Zayn) :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

HUGE SPOILER:

Never mind this, I got worked good.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Fatty Magoo

Well I think you're typical of the average Reigns hater, allowing emotion cloud your judgement. I've been critical of WWE many times when I feel it's been warranted. Pushing a guy who moves all the right numbers and looks and works like a top guy is a logical move on their part. How do you explain The Shield reunion being over when he got involved? If he was such a turn-off shouldn't crowds have rejected him since they already had Ambrose and Rollins prior to him being added? Also using your logic that getting booed in arenas is not over then that means John Cena is not over.

The Shield is over as a 3 man unit, when there on there own or in different pairs the reaction is not the same, as i said its the 3 man unit that's over. The reaction Reigns gets its totally different to Cena. Yes Cena gets booed but he still has fans respect because of his history of great matches. There is genuine hostility towards Reigns that wasn't and isn't there for Cena because Reigns is being forced down our throats where as Cena's rise was more organic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭The White Feather

HUGE SPOILER:

I presume you realise thats an old pic and a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Haha.
    I thought it was real too :pac: well played who ever it was.

• Advertisement

I do now. Stuck a tenner on her on the back of it too. :mad:

Hang tough. You never know. She has been very obvious on social media showing she is filming a movie which maybe means she is trying to throw people off. It may happen

• Registered Users Posts: 23,124 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I wonder if Owens is an asshole in real life? He seems almost too perfect at it!

He just destroyed Rosenberg, that was a thing of beauty.

Hang tough. You never know. She has been very obvious on social media showing she is filming a movie which maybe means she is trying to throw people off. It may happen

Was thinking the same, she could just have someone in Columbia tweeting fake pics from her account?

• Advertisement

I say it's still a smart bet. What will you win if you're correct?

I say it's still a smart bet. What will you win if you're correct?

Not much €25. She's 6/4 on PP now

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The Shield is over as a 3 man unit, when there on there own or in different pairs the reaction is not the same, as i said its the 3 man unit that's over. The reaction Reigns gets its totally different to Cena. Yes Cena gets booed but he still has fans respect because of his history of great matches. There is genuine hostility towards Reigns that wasn't and isn't there for Cena because Reigns is being forced down our throats where as Cena's rise was more organic.

You're missing the point: the fans had Ambrose and Rollins prior to the reunion. If they hate Reigns as much as you make out, they would have booed the reunion because he was the necessary final piece of the jigsaw, and it was obvious to the smart fans that this was an attempt to get Reigns better reactions. Yet the fans wanted the reunion and backed the trio - except whenever it was time for Reigns to have solo mic time when they booed him. It's a shtick, man. And Cena was getting the exact same reaction 12 years ago. Look at the match with Hunter in the Mania main event. "More organic" is basically fan speak for "was a heel first". It is true Reigns never got a big heel run like most of his predecessors but that's hardly his fault. He doesn't book the shows. Bottom line is the die-hard, heel-loving hardcores will almost always turn on the company's top babyface, as history shows.

Not much €25. She's 6/4 on PP now

Not bad tho. Hope you win. Would be good to be see her in wwe.

Was thinking the same, she could just have someone in Columbia tweeting fake pics from her account?

Exactly what I thought. Especially with Steph ringside "outraged" if she were to win

The conspiracy theorist in me has me dismissing her Columbia gimmick as a distraction.

Big Dave is saying that Roode's opponent is a huge surprise!

sugarman wrote: »
    Probably the first of many to ask tonight, but approx what time we looking at for the actual Rumble?

2:45 ish?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

haven't followed any betting news for this ppv, so actual winner will be a surprise to me, but still going with my pick of our new master Rusev then we can all have tomorrow off work to celebrate our 1st annual Rusev Day

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Big Dave is saying that Roode's opponent is a huge surprise!

Dolph Ziggler maybe?

• Advertisement

I wouldn't put Ziggler in that category. No idea though, maybe Rovert Mann?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Rumoured opponent for the open challenge:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I wouldn't put Ziggler in that category. No idea though, maybe Rovert Mann?

To be fair I’d take anything Big Dave says with a huge pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,430 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Madusa seems like just a Damm fine lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Fatty Magoo

JBL needs to shut up:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

is alundra on something or drunk?

montyrebel wrote: »
    is alundra on something or drunk?

She's acting naturally, it's really odd looking on WWE tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

JBL needs to shut up:mad:

To be fair it sounds like she doesnt know many women wrestlers names and JBL is trying to catch her out :D

Jesus Christ, Austin's first win was 97. These geeks haven't a clue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,124 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The state of this clown.

Advertisement