Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Royal Rumble 2018 Thread *Spoilers***No Betting Talk*

Options
  • 29-11-2017 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭

Will Lesnar defend his title, if so against whom?

Lesnar Vs. Reigns at WM 34 still rumoured to be happening, will Reigns win the rumble again (I hope not)

A women's rumble match also rumoured

For the main rumble, would like to see someone like Miz, Joe, KO or Finn win it

TSC Mod Edit: lads and lasses, please don't post betting odds or talk in this thread. There is a separate thread for that here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056587637

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,909 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

can see Lesner facing someone like Strowman or Joe but they could go down another route and have him face Rollins, Finn (was the original plan) or even Cesaro or Sheamus.

A SD star (Orton) won the rumble last year so they might have a raw guy win it in 2018. Id like too see Nakamura win it but have a feeling a returning Cena is going to do it

A 15 womens rumble would be good and hey 2 rumbles in the one event would be awsome

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Do movies take long to film? A Women's Rumble with Becky returning as the final entrant would be cool.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Will be a Smackdown star winning the Rumble with Reigns winning Number 1 contendership at Raw's February PPV.

rumours going around now saying Brock won't be putting the title on the line at the rumble but will still have a match ? Brock vs AJ II ??

• Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    rumours going around now saying Brock won't be putting the title on the line at the rumble but will still have a match ? Brock vs AJ II ??

I wouldn't be surprised if Lesnar don't defend the title until WM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Brock to enter number 30 and win so he can have the night off for WM.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Brock to enter number 30 and win so he can have the night off for WM.

Id laugh at that but i could totally see Vince doing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if Lesnar don't defend the title until WM

Well then won't he be stripped of the title... Or was Jack Tunnys old rule thrown out.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well then won't he be stripped of the title... Or was Jack Tunnys old rule thrown out.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    That only applies to World Champions. He's champion of the Universe.

Kenny Omega to debut and win the rumble match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Has there ever been an unlikely winner? Be great if they did that. Just go outside of the usual title picture guys for the win.
    Benoit in 04 and Mysterio in 06 were probably be it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Maybe I'm fooling myself

But I feel there's a possibility Daniel Bryan makes his return to the ring at #30 and wins it. Imagine the reaction...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Kenny Omega to debut and win the rumble match

Let's kill this right now. It's never ever, ever, ever gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Maybe I'm fooling myself

But I feel there's a possibility Daniel Bryan makes his return to the ring at #30 and wins it. Imagine the reaction...

the way there building it with him and shane theres something happening just not sure what it is.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sky88 wrote: »
    the way there building it with him and shane theres something happening just not sure what it is.

I reckon they’re building to giving him a storyline excuse to walk out on the company.

Loughc wrote: »
    I reckon they’re building to giving him a storyline excuse to walk out on the company.

remember he Siad just before SS that he wanted a word with Shane when its all done ??

prob forgot about that angle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Hes turning heel. Now whether he says as Smackdown GM as a heel I dunno but that is the way they are going. Maybe they align him with Owens and Zayn and they could protect Bryan in a 6 man tag at Mania.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

LeeJM wrote: »
    Hes turning heel. Now whether he says as Smackdown GM as a heel I dunno but that is the way they are going. Maybe they align him with Owens and Zayn and they could protect Bryan in a 6 man tag at Mania.

In the fans eyes not the companies but would Bryan aligning with Owens and Zayn almost turn them face? It will be very hard for the fans to turn on Bryan, they will want to cheer him even if they turn him heel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

im getting the feelings its shane turning heel as brayns the one whos let personal issues aside and just trying to make smackdown better

I think turning Bryan heel is one of those things that I would like to see fans accept and go with it. Be fans but still boo him, like with the Miz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Would be cool to see Brock contest the RR match itself, in an old school type deal where if the champ wins he doesn't have to defend it at WM.

Have the Big Dawg eliminate him on his way to victory in the match. Brock in a bitter rage will cost the Big Dawg the IC title at the first opportunity.

Sets up a proper grudge match at WM for the universal belt.

/booker

Would be cool to see Brock contest the RR match itself, in an old school type deal where if the champ wins he doesn't have to defend it at WM.

Have the Big Dawg eliminate him on his way to victory in the match. Brock in a bitter rage will cost the Big Dawg the IC title at the first opportunity.

Sets up a proper grudge match at WM for the universal belt.

/booker

last 3 Brock/Nakamura and Regins.

Regins eliminates Lesner but Nakamura then knocks reigns over too win the match

hope they keep Reigns and Lesner out of the Rumble match and both have single matches but look at this years match were Reigns came out as number 30 after losing a match earlier that night.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I really think they have to not have Roman win here if they don't want to undo the work they have done with the Shield to get the crowd somewhat on Roman's side. He will get his main event with Brock anyway and people will except that but him winning another Rumble would just lead to him getting a load of boos before the road to Mania. Go with something like PTH outlined above and you already have 2 huge main events to build to for Mania. 1 for the wrestling fans (Styles vs Nakamura) and 1 for the mass audience / company (Brock vs Reigns) both for their brands respective titles.

Won't it be Nakamura vs Jinder since he's gonna win at Clash. :)

Orton or someone like that will prob win the rumble again

like that there possibly going with a triple threat match for the Universal title, Brock vs Strowman vs Kane

Brock can win without pinning Strowman which works in strowmans favour and Kane can finally have a match with Brock

possibly opens the door for an Undertaker return and could lead too Taker vs Strowman ???

There I was got the beers in and getting ready for the Rumble tonight then I checked to see the starting time and see the bloody thing is on next Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

There I was got the beers in and getting ready for the Rumble tonight then I checked to see the starting time and see the bloody thing is on next Sunday!

Save em for Raw 25 tomorrow!

Save em for Raw 25 tomorrow!

I'll be working tomorrow night so no beers for me :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Two rumble matches in one night is a mistake, the women's match will kill the crowd stone dead.

Advertisement