Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Royal Rumble 2018 Thread *Spoilers***No Betting Talk*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If last night's Smackdown brawl is an indication of how it's gonna go, it will be a shítshow.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,370 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Two rumble matches in one night is a mistake, the women's match will kill the crowd stone dead.

Not if the very over Romana Reigns wins the women's rumble :p

• Registered Users Posts: 37,909 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Two rumble matches in one night is a mistake, the women's match will kill the crowd stone dead.

they should open the PPV with the womens rumble and end with the mens one

Knowing wwe they could put the mens one first and then womens in the middle and main event with the universal title match or something similar

hope Orton doesnt win it again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Anything can happen in the wwe! ....

...then Reigns wins the rumble :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Surely they'll have the cop on to let a Smackdown guy win, and let Reigns win his shot at the next PPV. Handing him another Rumble win will be **** on even more than the last one was....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Surely they'll have the cop on to let a Smackdown guy win, and let Reigns win his shot at the next PPV. Handing him another Rumble win will be **** on even more than the last one was....

WWE having cop on? Roman Reigns is STILL being pushed as the no.1 babyface remember?

The women's match will be funny, imagine the countdowns..."10...9...8"

IT'S TAMINA SNUKA!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

IT'S TAMINA SNUKA!

Words can't express how little I care about her

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

WWE having cop on? Roman Reigns is STILL being pushed as the no.1 babyface remember?

IT'S TAMINA SNUKA!

I think to avoid this the match has to be quicker entrances and limit the time to. i think the two starting off will be key if they offf with tamina and lana the crowd could be gone.

id start with the becky & sasha or bayley to get the crowd into the match.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sky88 wrote: »
    I think to avoid this the match has to be quicker entrances and limit the time to. i think the two starting off will be key if they offf with tamina and lana the crowd could be gone.

id start with the becky & sasha or bayley to get the crowd into the match.

I have a feeling Sasha will end up being number 1.

Yes shorter intervals is the key here for the ladies rumble, it should be a good affair if they keep it moving at a quick pace and keep it relatively short.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Where's our Royal Rumble by the numbers video package?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Where's our Royal Rumble by the numbers video package?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Becky and Finn double to make it a historic night for the Irish.

I’d settle for one of them though, and Becky if I had to choose. I’m a bit of a Becky mark.

Becky hasn't a prayer. Hope Asuka wins by throwing literally every other woman out by herself.

Finn, maybe. Thinking of throwing €5 on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Dunno they were teasing her and Charlotte feuding but you’re probably right, sadly.

I could see Asuka playing the Big Show role. The monster who eliminates a few people, looks unstoppable, and then a few women team up and throw her over, as the commentators stress how much work it took to eliminate her.

I'd have Becky as my favorite to win right now, tbh; a feud of Charlotte vs Becky practically writes itself, and is one they've not done yet really (at least on the main roster). Would be the best from a character and story PoV.

Mind, this is all presuming that the whole thing isn't to push
    Rhonda if she's joined
    . Or, worse yet, Stephanie decides she fancies winning it...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

J. Marston wrote: »
    Becky hasn't a prayer. Hope Asuka wins by throwing literally every other woman out by herself.

Finn, maybe. Thinking of throwing €5 on him.

Finn Probably not. Roman won’t be denied a match with Lesnar at Mania.

Only chance Finn has is winning and himself and the club jumping ship to Smackdown. Which would make be great for all 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I could see Asuka playing the Big Show role. The monster who eliminates a few people, looks unstoppable, and then a few women team up and throw her over, as the commentators stress how much work it took to eliminate her.

You mean Nia right? Shes the exactly the type for that rumble roll

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Ah here!

• Advertisement

tumblr_n7xlv44s1V1ty4lmxo1_500.gif

Jeeeeeesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Loughc wrote: »
    Finn Probably not. Roman won’t be denied a match with Lesnar at Mania.

Only chance Finn has is winning and himself and the club jumping ship to Smackdown. Which would make be great for all 3.

Finn is my second fav atm as he v AJ would be very easy to write.

The girls rumble booking should be either....Asuka runs riot, and then out comes Ronda at 30 and eliminates her to win. Huge PR and money Mania match set up. Assuming they can't get Ronda , then Asuka win, beat Bliss for her title on Raw and Ronda comes out and attacks her to close the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,370 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I have expected her to include herself in it and win, could still happen I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Hilarious that after people were worried she would win it they found a way to make Stephanie's involvement even worse. This is like vuvuzelas ruining the 2010 world cup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I want Eva Marie to make surprise entrant. :pac:

KingJamsie wrote: »
    You mean Nia right? Shes the exactly the type for that rumble roll

Yea was thinking Nia will be the Big Show of the Rumble. Id be happy if the final two were Becky and Asuka , Even if they have Asuka win , Then you can have Becky say i was so close to winning the rumble etc , Charlotte comes out and starts her slow heel turn being patronizing to Becky over not being able to win the big one. As people said it would mean you are guaranteed a decent womens match at WM , Have Becky win but only for Carmella to cash in

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Michael Cole was in the Rumble from the commentary table if I remember right.

Switches to a different non english commentary team :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Wouldn't surprise me if she enters the match at number 30. If Rousey does come in for Wrestlemania then Steph will be the one she'll be working with.

Good chance that either Rousey eliminates her in the match or Steph sneaks up and eliminates her,leading to either Steph v Ronda at Wrestlemania or Steph and HHH v Ronda and The Rock.

Advertisement