Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The Hardys are dead in the water, such a huge waste. They were such a great team this time last year, now they're just two guys on the roster.

Jeff was crazy over when he was last there, and they never showed any interest in doing anything with him before he got injured which was mental.

The guy could work, kids love him, huge merch mover and knows how to pop a crowd and its not as if they have many guys that tick those boxes on the roster whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Finn's music got a decent reaction yet he's still not over?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Paige's clown make up, her weird Brit-American accent and her annoying "I'm baaaaack" and "This is my house" have me already wishing she'd go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

If WWE are willing to go "all in" with the Broken gimmick there's no reason why it couldn't reignite.....but they'll probably just send him out on his own and it will die a painful death.

Reby, Benjamin, Nero, Maxell.....the gimmick was a sum of its parts type of deal with a delightful Matt Hardy steering the wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,541 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

When was Lesnar's last title defence, "30 day rule" not applying to him

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Summerslam I think? Yeah, the 30 day thing only seems to happen when they need it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

That only applies to World Champions. He's champion of the Universe.

Ah, but Finn had to give up the Champion of the Universe title. Maybe it's a 30 week rule

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Every time I look at Paige I'm reminded of Michael Jackson for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's because he's dead, just like the crowds reaction to Paige.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,035 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

One versus all

Reigns winning another Rumble does sweet fa for him, and sweet fa to elevate him, if he's to face Brock then whoever is facing the WWE champion on SD should win the Rumble (please be Nakamura)

The annoying thing is, they actually have a babyface (AJ) the fans would totally accept going through 29 guys to win the Rumble. Imagine the growing excitement, the longer he stays in it? Or imagine the heat you could get on a heel who eventually screws him to win it with the final elimination?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Neil3030 wrote: »
    The annoying thing is, they actually have a babyface (AJ) the fans would totally accept going through 29 guys to win the Rumble. Imagine the growing excitement, the longer he stays in it? Or imagine the heat you could get on a heel who eventually screws him to win it with the final elimination?

Yep, same with Nakamura people would love him going through everyone on his way to winning

One thing I've always said with Reigns is how not embracing him as the heel is not just ruining him, but he'd be such a good foil for others to face and the fans would be behind whoever is against Reigns so much

• Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

angle and jordons acting is so so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Poor Jordan.

Tossed into the deep end of a sewage tank with the Angle storyline. Never stood a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm liking this Jordan heel turn. He tells Joe he doesn't need to sneak attack people and then he does exactly that to Reigns. That was nice. The Angle's son storyline has been trash but hopefully this turn can refresh him. I think he has great potential.

I'm liking this Jordan heel turn. He tells Joe he doesn't need to sneak attack people and then he does exactly that to Reigns. That was nice. The Angle's son storyline has been trash but hopefully this turn can refresh him. I think he has great potential.

when will Angle find out the truth ???

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    when will Angle find out the truth ???

I wonder will they do a big angle tonight? Maybe they want to keep it going for a few more weeks.

I wonder will they do a big angle tonight? Maybe they want to keep it going for a few more weeks.

maybe Kurt will get it as an Xmas present ??

nice card to accompanie it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

• Registered Users Posts: 36,145 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I enjoyed the Jordan stuff. he over-acted it, but it was good. The heel turn is in full swing, and it suited him.

WWE knows how to book heels, i'll give them that.

it's a pity they haven't a fúcking notion how to book a babyface, which is far more important.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

SlickRic wrote: »
    I enjoyed the Jordan stuff. he over-acted it, but it was good. The heel turn is in full swing, and it suited him.

WWE knows how to book heels, i'll give them that.

it's a pity they haven't a fúcking notion how to book a babyface, which is far more important.

Jordan, on paper, was put into the right matches, places to give him underdog status, cedible as a foe for established guys, yet in execution they never gave anyone a reason to like him other than a link to Kurt.

The Jordan thing is confusing. He comes out moaning, says how he challenges Reigns face to face then attacks from behind. He then saves Reigns from Joe only for Reigns to attack him. So who in that scenario is face and heel?

Did Cole just say Elias looks like he's seen the ghost of Tom Jones? Is Tom Jones aware of his deceased status?

On a side note, I actually listened to that Machine Gun Kelly song "Home" as it is on netflix promoting Bright. Had to look up to see if it was from the same guys who did that "See You Again" from Fast 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,145 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

DM_7 wrote: »
    Jordan, on paper, was put into the right matches, places to give him underdog status, cedible as a foe for established guys, yet in execution they never gave anyone a reason to like him other than a link to Kurt.

also, you can't give him underdog status if he's the GM's son, who nobody can suspend their disbelief for one second in order to buy that he is the GM's son.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

[quote=CastorTroy;105471289

Did Cole just say Elias looks like he's seen the ghost of Tom Jones? Is Tom Jones aware of his deceased status? [/quote]

The ghost of Tom Joad. A Bruce Springsteen song

• Registered Users Posts: 60,419 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Finn is on a slow road to nowhere!

A move to Smackdown or a heel turn or both is needed to save him from generic wrestler mode and becoming part of Jobber Inc with the Miztourage!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Finn is on a slow road to nowhere!

A move to Smackdown or a heel turn or both is needed to save him from generic wrestler mode and becoming part of Jobber Inc with the Miztourage!

I know WWE put a lot of restrictions on how a wrestler can work but I've been pretty underwhelmed with some of Balor's matches since his return from injury.

Seems to have lost a step of pace or something. Could be a bit of age catching up with him. He's been going hard at it for what now, 16, 17 years??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Looked great in the AJ match.

Then again, AJ could probably get a 4 star match out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

"The ramblings of a madman can be very dangerous, especially for those of you who listen"

Ironic coming from Bray Wyatt..

have a feeling Vince doesn't like Finn and sadly his time could be numbered with wwe esp if Finn decides '**** this why an I wasting my time here'. if he was a heel leader in the club he would be so cool

Elias is actually getting over a little bit and he was never one of the big guys in NXT

the opening segment involving Jordon,Joe and Reigns was confusing as clearly everyone was face one min then heel than face again

love Strowman but the realisation that Kane is still a major character after all these years is worrying

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

PTH2009 wrote: »
    have a feeling Vince doesn't like Finn and sadly his time could be numbered with wwe esp if Finn decides '**** this why an I wasting my time here'. if he was a heel leader in the club he would be so cool

His bank balance would be a comfort?

Winning matches on RAW, on front of thousands in an arena, millions at home, not needing to damage himself on indy or Japanese shows, getting booked every week. Where did it all go wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement