Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McGregor brawl in Dublin Pub (allegedly).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,072 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I hope that's true. Not a bad beating but just something to take the smuggness out of him.

Like a broken jaw. Just before the rose of tralee. He'd have to stand there all night with hand signals.............

So this did actually happen yes?

Omg:D:D pmsl:D:D

There'd be an altar to him on top of the highest mountain in the state if it had. Still, we can but dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Aw, I really believed for a moment.

Aw, I really believed for a moment.

Yeah, i hate it when dreams are shattered like that meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

daithi-o-se-4.gif
    .....................................giphy.gifgiphy.gif

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

What is it with all our brand spanking new - yet "lifelong" - UFC fans feeling so threatened by people exercising the basic human right of free choice - in this case, choosing not take interest in this upstart passtime called Mixed Martial Arts? It smacks of an inferiority complex.

We all have hobbies, likes and dislikes. Apathy towards something is everyone and anyone's prerogative... where's this law that we all have to be UFC fans now just because one of the noteworthy participants is a toerag cokehead who happens to be from the same li'l island as us?

I didn't watch F1 when Eddie Irvine was in it... never got into rugby despite the fact Ireland are apparently decent at it... and I think MMA is absolute garbage... so why do all these people who started following it themselves about 12 months ago get so butthurt about people not finding it interesting?

So your hero has turned out to be what every rational person told you he was all along - a phony and a scrote... get on with your lives, jesus...

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    What is it with all our brand spanking new - yet "lifelong" - UFC fans feeling so threatened by people exercising the basic human right of free choice - in this case, choosing not take interest in this upstart passtime called Mixed Martial Arts? It smacks of an inferiority complex.

We all have hobbies, likes and dislikes. Apathy towards something is everyone and anyone's prerogative... where's this law that we all have to be UFC fans now just because one of the noteworthy participants is a toerag cokehead who happens to be from the same li'l island as us?

I didn't watch F1 when Eddie Irvine was in it... never got into rugby despite the fact Ireland are apparently decent at it... and I think MMA is absolute garbage... so why do you all these people who started following it themselves about 12 months ago get so butthurt about people not finding it interesting?

So your hero has turned out to be what every rational person told you he was all along - a phony and a scrote... get on with your lives, jesus...

The first bolded bit is very different from the second, hence the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I didn't watch F1 when Eddie Irvine was in it... never got into rugby despite the fact Ireland are apparently decent at it... and I think MMA is absolute garbage... so why do all these people who started following it themselves about 12 months ago get so butthurt about people not finding it interesting?

That is quite a rant but the only issue I can see in this thread is someone saying McGregor isn't an athlete or a sportsman. Nobody mentioned liking or disliking MMA.

Odhinn wrote: »
    The first bolded bit is very different from the second, hence the problem.

This should be good... how so, lad?

That is quite a rant but the only issue I can see in this thread is someone saying McGregor isn't an athlete or a sportsman. Nobody mentioned liking or disliking MMA.

Have a read back over some of your own posts, Man :D

• Advertisement

This should be good... how so, lad?

No interest in MMA is different to disregarding it as a sport. It's not "garbage" as at the end of the day its really just mixture of other respected sports.

Have a read back over some of your own posts, Man :D

Feel free to do so yourself in this thread. I don't recall defending MMA whatsoever in here.

No interest in MMA is different to disregarding it as a sport. It's not "garbage" as at the end of the day its really just mixture of other respected sports.

So, I'm not entitled to an opinion on the WWEesque farce that is UFC?
    Feel free to do so yourself in this thread. I don't recall defending MMA whatsoever in here.

If you say so...

So, I'm not entitled to an opinion on the WWEesque farce that is UFC? .

The blather outside the ring is fairly sad, but at the end of the day they get into a ring and fight, and theres nothing WWE about that side of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,616 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Conor is loaded, do us all a favour, don't pay them 900k, take 9 million and put out hits on the whole mob.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

(I might add that I wouldn't be pushed to watch it live meself, as I prefer to skip through the waffle and just watch the fights.)

So, I'm not entitled to an opinion on the WWEesque farce that is UFC?

If you say so...

Can you explain why it is a farce?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Yeah, we all remember the time Lionel Messi hoovered a monster line of coke before a press conference and called Real Madrid "a shower of cúnts"

Seriously though, no sport that allows this to happen so obviously is ever going to be respectable.

Can you explain why it is a farce?

Have you ever watched any of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

sabat wrote: »
    Yeah, we all remember the time Lionel Messi hoovered a monster line of coke before a press conference and called Real Madrid "a shower of cúnts"

Seriously though, no sport that allows this to happen so obviously is ever going to be respectable.

Are MMA athletes not subject to drug testing? 🤔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 TooSweet

If you enjoy MMA or if you enjoy WWE or anything for that matter then you don't need someone like this whipit guy telling you otherwise.

You don't need to listen to someone belittle something you find enjoyable! Or have to justify it to them! i.e don't feed the troll

Go enjoy it with similar minded people rather than bang your head against a wall talking to this chap!

I have. Can you explain why it is a farce?

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Are MMA athletes not subject to drug testing? 🤔

They are. Lads have been sanctioned for steroids, and marijuana, of all things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Shush have ya not heard he’s on the coke flat out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Weed is classed as performance enhancing because it dulls pain and a few other reasons, hence it's on the WADA banned list.

Other recreational drugs like coke aren't on the WADA list and as such he could be coked off his face 24/7 and it wouldn't affect his USADA test results and he can't be banned for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Other recreational drugs like coke aren't on the WADA list and as such he could be coked off his face 24/7 and it wouldn't affect his USADA test results and he can't be banned for it.

Nonsense, cocaine is on the prohibited list, it's a stimulant

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Weed is classed as performance enhancing because it dulls pain and a few other reasons, hence it's on the WADA banned list.

There's no way the Diaz brothers would be in the UFC is weed was a banned substance. It's because he's out of competition. You can have all the weed and coke you like as long as it's not within a certain time frame of a fight.

It is on the list though
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_drugs_banned_by_WADA

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Someone posted this in the mma forum just now, looks like Conor's going to be a Da again in January :pac:

https://imgur.com/a/DYpaL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Someone posted this in the mma forum just now, looks like Conor's going to be a Da again in January :pac:

https://imgur.com/a/DYpaL

Hilarious. How much of that is made up...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement