Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McGregor brawl in Dublin Pub (allegedly).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Not trying to derail the thread, but he won some Mickey Mouse titles in a ‘sport’ that is a triumph of hype and slick marketing. And then didn’t bother turning up to pick up the award. He’s hardly Brian O’Driscoll or Rory McIlroy is he? Just a roided-up goon in a Louis Copeland suit.

So let me get this right. He's not a sportsman but Rory McIlroy is?

Not trying to derail the thread, but he won some Mickey Mouse titles in a ‘sport’ that is a triumph of hype and slick marketing. And then didn’t bother turning up to pick up the award. He’s hardly Brian O’Driscoll or Rory McIlroy is he? Just a roided-up goon in a Louis Copeland suit.

2/10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Do they turn off or leave on MMA on tv down at the golf club on weekends? Would the "goys" approve down at the pavillion....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

This is doing the rounds at the moment.
    "I was there. Feel free to ignore this, because I don't have evidence to prove my claims over the internet, but here it is anyway: McGregor came in full steam ahead, obviously looking for the lad in question. He said to the lad that he made a grave error threatening him, that he was "no Al Capone" and that extorting a McGregor is the final act of a suicidal wannabe street thug, then went off on how he could pay someone to kill him there and then etc. It sounded like he'd thought long and hard about the best way to phrase those lines in the car on the way there, because he was interrupted a couple of times and restarted the interrupted soundbites again from the beginning each time. Anyway, it was surreal as **** just because of who he was, and here he was standing in the pub arguing, looking like a typical eejit from the street. It looked like the lad was reaching in his waistband, and McGregor must have thought he was going for a gun or a knife. That's when he Alvarezed the **** out of him. Knocked him out cold with a 3 or 4 shot combo. This is the part I haven't heard mentioned yet, but it's what made the situation change from "wow, am I dreaming this?" to "OK this man is off his ****ing rocker": He reached down and took out the gun the lad had in his waistband, held it up by the grip with a finger and thumb, dangling it as if it were a smelly sock, and he started laughing and joking about what a pussy the KOed fella was etc. The place went weirdly silent for a few seconds, a wee pocket of calm in the middle of the chaos, and it was during that pocket of silence that I scooted my chair back as I was about to get up to leave. The "churrggh" of the chair scraping on the floor made McGregor snap his gaze onto me instantly, and presumably thought I was one of the KOed boy's crew making a move. And that's when it happened. He raised the gun and pointed it at me. I put my hands up and said "wow wow what the ****!" and as soon as the kay-sound of "****" was out of my mouth, he fired, killing me instantly with a headshot. When he realised I was just an innocent bystander, he apologised, told me my family would want for nothing and that I was welcome to use the SBG training facilities any time I wanted. I asked how I was supposed to do that now that I was dead, and he said "sure I've been dead since the late 90s and it hasn't stopped me!" We laughed together, bonded by our mutual deadness. And that's when they showed up. The GhostDisposers. Paddy Venkman and Mark Spengler came in with their proton packs and started chasing the two of us around, firing at us and laying down traps everywhere. And that's when it happened: McGregor fired a hadoukon that hit both of them at the same time, instantly turning them into 3rd gen iPads. McGregor and I exchanged email addresses, then he left. Since then I've just been haunting the snug where my body was, apparently you have to stay at the place you died for at least 24 hours before you can move on to haunt other places, some EU bull****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Why exactly?

Wind up? Typical Irish mentality this. One of the biggest stars in the world is Irish in one of the most brutal and a highly watched and publicized sport and people come out with this? Only in this part of the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

murpho999 wrote: »
    How is it embarrassing and who should be embarrassed as the incidents occurred after he got his award?

There was more worthy people who should have got it that year.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/other-sport/2016/1202/836026-choose-a-sports-person-of-the-year/

And it's embarrassing because he's meant to be a role-model.

marvin80 wrote: »
    There was more worthy people who should have got it that year.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/other-sport/2016/1202/836026-choose-a-sports-person-of-the-year/

And it's embarrassing because he's meant to be a role-model.

He became a double world champion. Can any of the people in that list say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

You are extraordinarily ignorant and you really expose yourself so badly here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

He became a double world champion. Can any of the people in that list say that?

"Carl Frampton – Became just the second ever Irishman ever to have held World Titles in two different weight classes"

marvin80 wrote: »
    "Carl Frampton – Became just the second ever Irishman ever to have held World Titles in two different weight classes"

My apologies, I didn't see Frampton on the list.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

So let me get this right. He's not a sportsman but Rory McIlroy is?

That's the best one I've heard!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Monokne wrote: »
    You are extraordinarily ignorant and you really expose yourself so badly here.

Ignorance is bliss if McGregor is the best this 'sport' has to offer. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Monokne wrote: »
    you really expose yourself so badly here.

This is the sort of shyte does my head in.

Because someone doesn't share your knowledge of knee and arm bars, choke holds, high guards, low guards and battered faces, they should feel ashamed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

Because someone doesn't share your knowledge of knee and arm bars, choke holds, high guards, low guards and battered faces, they should feel ashamed

No, but comparing MMA to Darts and Professional Wrestling does!

Comparing an elite athlete like McGregor to someone like Phil Taylor is what is embarrassing. I have the utmost respect for everything Taylor has achieved in his profession but he is not an athlete.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Boxing is a sport. Kickboxing is a sport. Muay Thai is a sport. Judo is a sport. Wrestling (Greko/Roman) is a sport. Brazilian Jiujitsu is a sport. Russian Sambo is a sport.

You will find scores of tournaments and athletes competing in each and every one of these sports across the world.

And yet, if you put them together they somehow become not a sport. Right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,072 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Not D4 friendly enough for ye is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

The pedant in me is having a meltdown at all this talk of Crumlin. The pub is actually in Walkinstown....but it's a sh!thole so they can have it. It could work like the Crumlin embassy to Walkinstown

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

You can tell the man who boozes, by the company he chooses, and the pig got up and slowly walked away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

lukesmom wrote: »
    You can tell the man who boozes, by the company he chooses, and the pig got up and slowly walked away.

Mcgregor always was and still is a scum bag . he has ability and skill but hunger has always been his best attribute, fear of failure too

Now a Very rich and highly trained scumbag with a massive coke habit and the funds to feed it , a very open secret in dublin and the mma world since before the may weather fight .
    apparently the after party was a blizzard :-)

what does the highlighted bit refer to ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭badabing106

I heard McGregor gave Daithi o Se a few smacks a couple of months ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Odhinn wrote: »
    Not D4 friendly enough for ye is he?

Brian's from the north side and Rory's form the north. What's D4 got to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

theteal wrote: »
    The pedant in me is having a meltdown at all this talk of Crumlin. The pub is actually in Walkinstown....but it's a sh!thole so they can have it. It could work like the Crumlin embassy to Walkinstown

In fairness, having spent a lot of time around the area over recent years, I always find it incredibly difficult to figure out where the boundaries are. The easiest part it Crumlin and Drimnagh which are almost cleanly split down the Dolphin's Barn / Crumlin Road. But where Crumlin, Kimmage and Walkinstown all meet and where one definitively crosses from one to the other is completely beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Seriously??

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

With the money McGregor has you think he would stay out of sh1thole bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,072 ✭✭✭Odhinn

.....terrible. It would be worse if it happened before the rose of tralee. A tragedy, in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

That's not what I was saying at all. Not sure how you read it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I hope that's true. Not a bad beating but just something to take the smuggness out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Odhinn wrote: »
    .....terrible. It would be worse if it happened before the rose of tralee. A tragedy, in fact.

So this did actually happen yes?

Omg:D:D pmsl:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭ooter

I would've paid more than the PPV for the Floyd fight to see that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement