Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McGregor brawl in Dublin Pub (allegedly).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭tevey08

That was Al Porter :D

I laughed, a lot :D Quality :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

If what I've read is to be believed about him, then he has a great PR team behind his image. There is a lot of scandals being covered up about him at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Have heard two specific stories (from actual witnesses) about some of his behaviour out and about in Dublin and hopefully he gets his comeuppance sooner than later.

That said, this is Ireland, when any criticism of people like him is apparently begrudgery and class snobbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/...-36359501.html

Graham "the wig" Whelan. Love the names but that name wouldn't scare many, not like "Basher Bates" in the comics.

I mean when you realise the context of it is that he used to wear a blonde wig when assassinating people in broad daylight, it kinda changes things a bit.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

It kind of does, yeah....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Knex. wrote: »
    I mean when you realise the context of it is that he used to wear a blonde wig when assassinating people in broad daylight, it kinda changes things a bit.

Comment on another website made me burst out laughing...
    there’ll be hell toupee

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Graham_The-Wig_Whelan.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Who did McGregor assault a few weeks ago ?

Two young brothers. They had gone after a gangster mate of Conor's the week before.

He followed a friend of theirs into the pub who didn't have much to do with the whole thing and started fighting. A chap tried to stop it and got slaps for his trouble. He is a gangster too and his son/ nephew is the wig.

Going to cost him a good chunk to get out of this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

He's an absolute degenerate this lad McGregor. Only fools look up to him.

What kind of respectable person fights all the time in pubs, at events (MMA thing in Dublin) etc.

Afraid to fight in the octagon though like a professional would.

When he does go back it will be against cherry picked bums. Run for the hills with the sight of Ferguson.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭Hoboo

copeyhagen wrote: »
    Graham_The-Wig_Whelan.JPG

Thats one hell of a coke snot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Conor didn't choose to be a complete bellend, it chose him. Word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Fighting in pubs shows a lot about what a person is really like, but then again, I wasn't there, so I don't know what really happened. Fighting in pubs, and an adult fighting in a pub shows a lack of class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

MadYaker wrote: »
    Well known knacker gets in a bar fight. Why is this news?

Because McGregor is very very famous and everything he does is newsworthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

The latest nugget of news emerging is that McGregor ordered that the disabled jacks have a table set up in it so he and his buddies could snort coke.

McGregor and MMA in general attracts knackballs and gurriers like flies to sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

His parents & coach seem to be fairly respectable people. I'd be very surprised if one of them has not pulled him aside and told him to cop the **** on. But equally, I would also not be surprised if he dismissed anyone telling him what he should be doing and not doing.

I can only imagine the domestic issues he is having too at the moment. You can't be going around like this and not have to come home to a concerned partner who you've fathered a kid with. I mean these gang's in Dublin have already shown an appetite for extracting revenge not just on the adversary themselves but anyone connected to them. This is a reality those close to Conor must be aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

anna080 wrote: »
    If what I've read is to be believed about him, then he has a great PR team behind his image. There is a lot of scandals being covered up about him at the moment.

C’mon spill, just for debates sake?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

To think there were calls to award this prick the freedom of Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

I see the Irish Independent are now referring to his as a 'well known Irish celebrity.'

Was he ever a 'sportsperson'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Hes well gone off the rails. Dublin is really tiny when it comes down to it. A couple of shares and stuff easily gets out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

About time someone put those scumbags in there place!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Won't damage his brand one bit. The class of person who likes him will probably respect him more after this. 900K is nothing to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

The latest nugget of news emerging is that McGregor ordered that the disabled jacks have a table set up in it so he and his buddies could snort coke.

McGregor and MMA in general attracts knackballs and gurriers like flies to sh1t.

Maybe the 2nd part of this is true, but the 1st sounds like just some bored Sun journalist wanted to see how outlandish the shiite he could make up !!

I see the Irish Independent are now referring to his as a 'well known Irish celebrity.'

He’s a sportsperson in the same way Phil ‘The Power’ Taylor or Stone Cold Steve Austin are sportspeople.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Mcgregor is one of the biggest sports people in the world, never mind Ireland. He needs to be careful or it will be another 2pac story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

He won sportsperson of the year in 2016 - embarrassing that this was given to him considering all these stories.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/mma/2016/1217/839634-conor-mcgregor/

marvin80 wrote: »
    He won sportsperson of the year in 2016 - embarrassing that this was given to him considering all these stories.

That was an absolute travesty.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,445 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

marvin80 wrote: »

How is it embarrassing and who should be embarrassed as the incidents occurred after he got his award?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

That was an absolute travesty.

Why exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,445 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

He’s a sportsperson in the same way Phil ‘The Power’ Taylor or Stone Cold Steve Austin are sportspeople.

I don't like MMA at all but there's no doubting that it's a fully competitive sport and he's an elite athlete.

• Advertisement

Why exactly?

Not trying to derail the thread, but he won some Mickey Mouse titles in a ‘sport’ that is a triumph of hype and slick marketing. And then didn’t bother turning up to pick up the award. He’s hardly Brian O’Driscoll or Rory McIlroy is he? Just a roided-up goon in a Louis Copeland suit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement