Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McGregor brawl in Dublin Pub (allegedly).

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Even if true, that's his own personal business.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

RasTa wrote: »
    Looks like he is having fun tbh.

Video of him leaving he just retweeted

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/936233874815897600

This is exactly it. He's a young lad with a ridiculous amount of money who is enjoying himself. If the media hadn't shown up to that courthouse this morning, he wouldn't have been as brash. It's all a show for him and these puppets are doing exactly what he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Tazium

Even if true, that's his own personal business.

Until it’s judged and decided upon by social media and Internet forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

All the Saints who have never done a thing wrong in their lives you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Tazium wrote: »
    Screengrabs of conversations and a few images of him in a FaceTime chat with someone else. Propaganda probably.
    "Propaganda"? :D:D

Is McGregor eyeing up the Taoiseach's chair? :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Chrongen wrote: »
    Why is it begrudgery? The speed with which people in Ireland trot out that term tells more about them than the so-called begrudgers. Why, if you don't care for someone, or just plain despise them in Ireland, then you are a begrudger?

In the US, millions of people loathe Donald Trump. Donald Trump has a few quid in the bank. Are THEY all begrudgers? Is the culture of begrudgery in the US alive and well?

Okay, lets just say it's not begrudgery then. What is it? Why feel the need to post vile disgusting things about someone you've never met just because you despise them.

I can't stand Trump either but I don't go off on one on the internet about him and I'll tell you why. Because he doesn't have ANY effect on my life. Full stop.

Same as Conor McGregor doesn't. I don't like him either but I admire what he's done with very little backing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Who’s the priest on the right?

Paul Reynolds, RTE. Another mouthpiece for the Gardai.

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2017/1130/923969-conor-mcgregor-court/

McGregor rambling incoherently in court today, his solicitor had to jump in and talk on his behalf;
    When McGregor took the stand this afternoon he was asked by the judge what speed he was travelling, and he replied: "I can’t remember, to be honest."

The judge asked him: "Did you not hear the guard?"

He said: "What I did hear was that I had tried my best to pay it. I don’t know, it didn’t pay."

The judge said that is not it, and when she asked him what happened, he said: "I don’t know."

His solicitor intervened to say McGregor was pleading guilty.

The guy is definitely falling to pieces. Genuinely wouldn't be surprised to hear of his death in the next 12 months. Though either way it seems to be a sad slide for someone who worked so hard for a massive opportunity to turn his life around.

seamus wrote: »

McGregor rambling incoherently in court today, his solicitor had to jump in and talk on his behalf;

The guy is definitely falling to pieces. Genuinely wouldn't be surprised to hear of his death in the next 12 months. Though either way it seems to be a sad slide for someone who worked so hard for a massive opportunity to turn his life around.

How is that rambling incoherently?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,042 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

pilly wrote: »
    How is that rambling incoherently?

He said: "What I did hear was that I had tried my best to pay it. I don’t know, it didn’t pay."

That's just nonsense. He's barely even on this planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Tazium

All the Saints who have never done a thing wrong in their lives you mean?

:) Everyone can claim entitlement to privacy, reality disagrees.

Hope it all gets cleared up soon and hope that all the rumors are untrue. Can't be a comfortable experience to have so much negativity shoved in his face. I don't know him but he's achieved great things. So did other fighters at a young age, Mike Tyson is my example. Poorly advised, poorly mentored and lost the run of himself in his professional career. Not ignoring what he did in his private life for which he spent years in prison, but ultimately that's none of my business.

/See? sometimes people do agree on the internet.

And he got the usual fine the same as you or I would receive. Should he be treated differently?

I hope, just for the laugh that he pays the fine in installments like the judge said he could.

That's just nonsense. He's barely even on this planet.

It was poorly worded in the rte article. Read the one linked after that, the Irish times one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Looks like he's hiding his face while holding the camera that took the photo.

https://twitter.com/MirrorFighting/status/936219048253247489

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

The guy is definitely falling to pieces.

Oh please. He's on the razz these days, and doesn't have to get up for work. Same as most students are. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Stupid gullible me thought Dee was his true love :o

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    When is Conor's Croke Park fight happening, will need very tight security now

In case some no-mark drunk from crumlin wants to harm him in some way?

See above...

And he got the usual fine the same as you or I would receive. Should he be treated differently?
    It's off-topic, but IMO monetary sanctions should be proportionate to earnings. Otherwise it's not the "same" punishment for everyone.

That is, let's say €400 is the typical fine for someone who has average earnings of €40k

For someone who earns €20k, that's a much harsher fine; more than a week's wages.

For someone who earned €140m, it's a drop in the ocean. A penny sweet.

If fines were to be fair, they should be proportionate. €1.4m in the case of McGregor.

Where's the disincentive for McGregor to slow down when he knows it'll cost him next to nothing?

It's off-topic, but IMO monetary sanctions should be proportionate to earnings. Otherwise it's not the "same" punishment for everyone.

That is, let's say €400 is the typical fine for someone who has average earnings of €40k

For someone who earns €20k, that's a much harsher fine; more than a week's wages.

If fines were to be fair, they should be proportionate. €1.4m in the case of McGregor.

Where's the disincentive for McGregor to slow down when he knows it'll cost him next to nothing?

That would mean completely rewriting huge swathes of legislation and turning sentencing guidelines on thier heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Penalty points are supposed to be the leveler though, he will be given 5 points on his licence

• Advertisement

Losing his licence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

In a court of law? You mad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Lol. I find this funny. Out if all the things he has said and done driving at 158km in a high powered car is picked out as indefensible. C'mon most of us would be tipping over the limit every now and again especially on a good road like the Naas dual carraigeway if we had such a motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

That escalated quickly.

I'd love to meet someone who hasn't driven at 158kmph??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Me. It's reckless and stupid. I'm not that thick or in that much of a rush to get there.

seachto7 wrote: »
    Me. It's reckless and stupid. I'm not that thick or in that much of a rush to get there.

Or maybe you're too mean to buy a car that will travel that fast :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Where is the garda traffic with a road side drugs test when you need them.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Seriously?

Anyway, McGregor seems to not be handling fame and huge wealth well. It’s a shame.

• Advertisement

seachto7 wrote: »

I haven't met you. Thank god.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement