Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McGregor brawl in Dublin Pub (allegedly).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭ooter

Was there any need for the judges "and don’t say €110 million in one day" remark?
    She was asked last week if a solicitor could represent him next time and she said she wasn't there to give legal advice, why couldn't she just have said yes he needed to be there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

MysticMonk wrote: »
    Or maybe you're too mean to buy a car that will travel that fast :P

Wow. Yeah. My goal in life is to get a hard on and speed on roads. ffs :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Seriously?

Anyway, McGregor seems to not be handling fame and huge wealth well. It’s a shame.

Yes, deadly serious. Anyone driving a newer type car on clear motorway could easily being doing that speed and not even realise it.

I think people get confused between miles and kms and get all upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Keengolfer7

Hilarious response by him tbf. IF it did happen, and the Kinahan's don't retaliate after the 'come and get me' they will be seen as utterly weak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

ooter wrote: »
    Was there any need for the judges "and don’t say €110 million in one day" remark?
    She was asked last week if a solicitor could represent him next time and she said she wasn't there to give legal advice, why couldn't she just have said yes he needed to be there?

Thought it stood out as a fairly unprofessional comment myself especially when she goes and fines him a measly €400. No need for it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Seriously?

Anyway, McGregor seems to not be handling fame and huge wealth well. It’s a shame.

He's still in his 20's..He's a professional fighter not some Bono-wannabe.
    He drove his car too fast and slapped some mouth in a pub..he's not exactly changing his skin colour and inviting kids around to his private zoo for a drop of Jesus Juice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

ooter wrote: »

Because he had mitigating circumstances so had to be there in person to defend it.
    He said he filled out the form wrong, by mistake.

A no show represented by a solicitor usually just means he is pleading guilty.

inforfun wrote: »
    Where is the garda traffic with a road side drugs test when you need them.....

off selling drugs, smearing maurice McCabe and busy fabricating fake breath tests that's where. Those fantasy crime stats wont write themselves you know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

pilly wrote: »
    Yes, deadly serious. Anyone driving a newer type car on clear motorway could easily being doing that speed and not even realise it.

I think people get confused between miles and kms and get all upset.

Exactly, its a 4 lane dual carraigeway in a powerful car not at peak hour. Can easily happen.

Because he had mitigating circumstances so had to be there in person to defend it.
    He said he filled out the form wrong, by mistake.

A no show represented by a solicitor usually just means he is pleading guilty.

Tbf it's his solicitor who's fcuked up then if that's the case. They should have told him he had to be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

The fact that the issue on the speeding fine was he left his middle name off the form when sending it back in to pay is so amusing.

Monokne wrote: »
    The fact that the issue on the speeding fine was he left his middle name off the form when sending it back in to pay is so amusing.

Yeah! Like WTF difference would that make?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Monokne wrote: »

If that is the issue then it's such a waste of time and money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

This is exactly it. He's a young lad with a ridiculous amount of money who is enjoying himself. If the media hadn't shown up to that courthouse this morning, he wouldn't have been as brash. It's all a show for him and these puppets are doing exactly what he wants.

Its the papers that'll make money off the pictures and stories about him. He's their monkey, they are just there to watch him dance, to use a analogy not unlike one he used previously.

Hilarious response by him tbf. IF it did happen, and the Kinahan's don't retaliate after the 'come and get me' they will be seen as utterly weak.

I've heard some rubbish in my (short) time on this board but this really takes the biscuit.

If you knew remotely anything about anything you'll know he's pally with the bloke who has been causing the carnage for the Hutch family of late...and his name is *not* Kinahan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Romantic Rose

I wish Conor would do good with his celebrity status. He's not exactly a fantastic role model for his impressionable young fans.

I know he has donated to charity in the past. He should try to do more good like working with the youth from his area.

Wouldn't be a fan and never was.

I wish Conor would do good with his celebrity status. He's not exactly a fantastic role model for his impressionable young fans.

I know he has donated to charity in the past. He should try to do more good like working with the youth from his area.

Wouldn't be a fan and never was.

I'm sure he's crying into his Bollinger at your remarks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

If that is the issue then it's such a waste of time and money.

If it is true it is a disgusting waste of money bringing somebody to court, the €400 doesn't even come close to covering the cost of bringing somebody to court between admin and Garda time.

I'm sure he's crying into his Bollinger at your remarks.

Don't even know what that is.

I'd rather be poor and classy than rich and thrashy. Peace ✌ðŸ»

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ttenneb

Those of us who had always marked him out as a classless scumbag are feeling extremely vindicated this morning.

And to think there were idiots around here who suggested this boorish knucklehead was a role model for young men. Lol.

Having logged in to this thread for the first time on the understanding that most if not all contributors were worshipers at the shrine of McG it's reassuring to see that at least one other person regards this person as nothing other than a thug who makes millions from followers who are dumb enough to watch and/or attend his "fights". Primitive barbarity doesn't begin to describe the activity inside the cages, laughably regarded as sport.

• Advertisement

Don't even know what that is.

I'd rather be poor and classy than rich and thrashy. Peace ✌ðŸ»

You said this:
    He's not exactly a fantastic role model for his impressionable young fans.

And i disagree. Talent,endeavour and sheer hard work has brought him to where he is now..not handouts or mollycoddling.
    That he has attained huge wealth very rapidly is a testament to his vision and his work ethic so he is a very good role-model for anybody who wants to get off their holes and at least try to make success of themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Lol. I find this funny. Out if all the things he has said and done driving at 158km in a high powered car is picked out as indefensible. C'mon most of us would be tipping over the limit every now and again especially on a good road like the Naas dual carraigeway if we had such a motor.

That's tipping along at near 100 mph. Sorry but that's not just 'tipping over the limit'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭ooter

Ha ha, this country lost its sh1t when queen Katie won her "fight" in 2012. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

ttenneb wrote: »
    Having logged in to this thread for the first time on the understanding that most if not all contributors were worshipers at the shrine of McG it's reassuring to see that at least one other person regards this person as nothing other than a thug who makes millions from followers who are dumb enough to watch and/or attend his "fights". Primitive barbarity doesn't begin to describe the activity inside the cages, laughably regarded as sport.

You could just post "I personally dislike MMA" and save yourself the hassle of dressing it up as something else. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

You said this:
    Talent,endeavour and sheer hard work has brought him to where he is now.
    That he has attained huge wealth very rapidly is a testament to his vision and his work ethic so he is a very good role-model.

He trained a bit and got seriously lucky. Millions drank the Kool aid and he 'earned' massive amounts of money.

'look at all his money, he is loaded, he has so much money, money, but his money'

Money is not a measure of success or hard work. Or indeed talent. I know dozens of sports people who nobody has heard of outside of a tiny circle, who have worked longer, harder and for years more than this chump. For nothing.

He got lucky.

BarryD2 wrote: »
    That's tipping along at near 100 mph. Sorry but that's not just 'tipping over the limit'.

Have you ever been on the M50 or the M1?

I could be bowling along at that sort of speed and get overtaken by a crazed nordy (usually) going considerably faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

He trained a bit and got seriously lucky. Millions drank the Kool aid and he 'earned' massive amounts of money.

'look at all his money, he is loaded, he has so much money, money, but his money'

Money is not a measure of success or hard work. Or indeed talent. I know dozens of sports people who nobody has heard of outside of a tiny circle, who have worked longer, harder and for years more than this chump. For nothing.

He got lucky.
    Aye, landed on his feet alright... you don’t get to where he is through “luck”

Money is not a measure of success or hard work. Or indeed talent.

Money is not peace of mind. Money's not happiness. money is, at its essence, that measure of man's choices.

I know dozens of sports people who nobody has heard of outside of a tiny circle, who have worked longer, harder and for years more than this chump. For nothing.

Would these "sports people" friends of yours be competing on the international stage,at the highest level n the most popular sport in televised history?

My guess is no....playing hurling at the weekends and working in Mace during the week is hardly in the same league.

Bitter people will be bitter.

He had the time and energy to train. He was on the dole while he did a lot his training. It's not like he was holding down a highly pressurised job and training outside of his work. Not exactly juggling was he.

Just hope he gives back a lot to society. He should remember that it was the ordinary tax payer who allowed him to have free time in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

He trained a bit and got seriously lucky

Trained a bit? I'm not sure you know what effort is involved in learning one martial art, let alone 3 or 4 disciplines.
    He's also supposed to be brown belt level in BJJ, that requires a serious amount of rolling and drilling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement