Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XX - WWE: The Monday Night Wars

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    I'm guessing that, somehow between the baddies it was decided who got a task and that task was then failed perhaps because of early player inactivity. Probably wouldn't give us much to work off if it is the case though as that would mean there had not been an early task done to look out for.
    It said the kill was unsuccessful. So there was a kill, it just didn't work. That says to me that the task was completed (or, as I suggested earlier, one team didn't complete their task, so the other team got the munch instead), but for some reason, the kill didn't stick

Doris WW wrote: »
    Should we look for something more in reference to WCW and ECW? I'm not as familiar with these 2 brands.
    That would be my assumption too

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    What would likely wresteling references be? No clue about wresteling im afraid.

Think of Wrestling as a show that has a couple of hours of content but has been on every week uninterupted for decades. It could be any sort of reference unfortunately if you havent watched it, there is literally wrestling to do with almost anything you can come up with.

I remember people googling the theme before looking for info on characters on wiki. Could read up on some you know are in the game if you want but it could be a needle in a haystack.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

If it had to be before 11 today and I am looking for wrestling references the ones that jump out are The B&P match reference by Riona and Mary's match and wrestler catchphrase post. Then there was Isla talking to herself and mentioning a beast (at least the latter one could be a wrestling reference).

All that said I think the task was failed because of inactivity (just a guess though) so at this time I'm not too gone on anyone of those

I don't even remember mentioning a beast? I was talking to myself cos no one wanted to play. Riona's one and done post is really sticking out to me now, more so than Mary if I'm being totally honest. And someone if I remember correctly responded to Riona mentioning Trish Stratus. I'll go back and find it now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Afternoon all, glad to see that we got away without a kill. We should make a list of reasons no matter how crazy of why that was the situation.
    "maybe neither team did their task."

just an idea

Wolf

• Advertisement

Frank WW wrote: »
    Alright folks lets get this motherfcuking show on the motherfcuking road!

Raaaaaaaaargh!!!!!

First off, 1 post from Frank, uber excited, then silence...hmmm....
    Riona WW wrote: »
    Right, here we go.

Quality OP and premise. The WWF image gave me a full-force kick in the nostalgias.

Bra and panties matches, I totally forgot about them.

I remember Trish Stratus vs Stacey Keibler in a 'Bra and Panties Paddle on a Poll' match with Jerry Lawlor commentating. Mad looking back at it now...

The Attitude Era. It really was a different time :pac:

Riona's 1 post.
    Orla WW wrote: »
    Trish Stratus has good taste in underwear :) If that happened now there would be war. Trish was my Diva! They dont make them like that any more

Orla responding to the post which MAY have triggered a successful task IF this was in fact the task.

Going off Angus's thinking at least.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    It said the kill was unsuccessful. So there was a kill, it just didn't work. That says to me that the task was completed (or, as I suggested earlier, one team didn't complete their task, so the other team got the munch instead), but for some reason, the kill didn't stick

I think there was a valid munch earlier but it failed for one of two reasons,
    Spoiler: But suddenly a massive pyro went off from the stage and theme music hit as the fans went wild. The wolves were rattled and their leader was in shock. The wolves retreated unable to complete their attack.

A KILL WAS UNSUCCESFUL
    BG protection, pyros hit and the wolfs retreated, or the undertaker was hit and has multiple lives, he has big pyros right?

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Wolf

That does actually really read back weird now that you mention it.

At first I just assumed the person was posting meaning we had gotten away without one of us being killed but that we should think why that might have happened to work out who could have done it. In this game though you probably shouldn't work out what people meant and instead focus on what they actually wrote.

I know how I'm voting tonight anyways

Agreed with Doris above. I'm more inclined to think BG protection.

• Advertisement

BG protection, pyros hit and the wolfs retreated, or the undertaker was hit and has multiple lives, he has big pyros right?

This makes a lot of sense to me. Doris on, the ball. Noted

At first I just assumed the person was posting meaning we had gotten away without one of us being killed but that we should think why that might have happened to work out who could have done it. In this game though you probably shouldn't work out what people meant and instead focus on what they actually wrote.

It does, its very kind of you to back me up. A little furry but I'll tjqe it

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Someone else pointed out that Trish was their gal. Either one could be a villager expressing a preference, and Stacy got nothing. Stacy was WCW for a while but I don't think Trish ever went ECW. still...

Mary WW wrote: »
    Someone else pointed out that Trish was their gal. Either one could be a villager expressing a preference, and Stacy got nothing. Stacy was WCW for a while but I don't think Trish ever went ECW. still...

Orla. I quoted it just above.

On something like that you'd have to go back to the original reference as it would just be too coincidental for someone to have mention a specific woman or womans match after someone else did. If it was protection though youd assume a task was done though so something like the original and the others highlighted so far are all we really have to look at until one of us does something odd ha

On something like that you'd have to go back to the original reference as it would just be too coincidental for someone to have mention a specific woman or womans match after someone else did. If it was protection though youd assume a task was done though so something like the original and the others highlighted so far are all we really have to look at until one of us does something odd ha

Yeah, I'd be more suspicious of the original post by Riona than Orla's follow up comment to be honest. Especially as it directly quoted afterwards and still no response. Someone brazen enough could drop in, do the task and run away again for half the day.

*Calling Riona to the stand*

On something like that you'd have to go back to the original reference as it would just be too coincidental for someone to have mention a specific woman or womans match after someone else did.
    Full disclosure, I was the first one to reference the B&P match, but as I said earlier, I didn't do it as a task. Unless the wolves managed to use it as a starting-point for their task

What's pyros hit

Full disclosure, I was the first one to reference the B&P match, but as I said earlier, I didn't do it as a task. Unless the wolves managed to use it as a starting-point for their task

fair play for saying so as I don't know if most would, although maybe if people looked back and worked that out for themselves it may have looked bad. I think that could be an honest mistake as im a little worried about making a wrestling reference in this as anything could be considered a task.

Still though there is not much to go on and those posts are good ones to focus on as I doubt we will get many other tasks done during a time of such low posting and therefore posts to look through for tasks being done by people.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Wolf

We got away without a kill.
    I'm asking for everyone to throw out their crazy ideas of why. So that makes me a Wolf ?
    It is totally dazzling to me how you've come up with that.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

I like wrestling and I thought that would give me a better chance of understanding this game yet somehow I have less of a clue what’s happening in this game than any other.

Are you calking yourself a wolf here or wha

I'm asking for everyone to throw out their crazy ideas of why. So that makes me a Wolf ?

You would way that, do you really not see how wofly that port was?

Wendy WW wrote: »
    I like wrestling and I thought that would give me a better chance of understanding this game yet somehow I have less of a clue what’s happening in this game than any other.

I knew very little of BUffy but I think it is the same no matter what game. You may be more likely to spot stuff if your a wrestling fan but your also more likely to come off as a wolf by talking about wrestling.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

What's pyros hit

I think it refers to pyrotechnics, big fireworks displays.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Hello all.

Trying to get my head around all these initialisms. Game is called WWE. So, within WWE is WWF, WCW and ECW and these three companies are battling. Thats fine so far. But, Hunter will know better than most if WWE are winning the battle. Is there some bigger war to be waged than the intercompany battle between WWF, WCW and ECW?

Mentioned all of the protagonistsand the new guise of wwe. Could that be a task?

Tbh i wouldnt have glanced at it twice only for she was quick to push barbara forward earlier. There was also no further comment until after todays munch or a thanks to the answer of the question. Why ask a question if you dont care about the answer.

Still havent studied the thread properly. Will do so later. Im not accusing gertrude just putting it up as a possible task.

Advertisement