Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XX - WWE: The Monday Night Wars

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    Damned right. Isla's been waving a noose in my direction since day 0. No one wants to be first out.
    Mentioned once as a possibility yesterday. Mentioned again today as the best lead to go on, with not a lot of evidence. And yet you act as though you've been through the ringer at Guantanamo

I'm not saying your guilty, but you're sure acting like it

Matches are things that happen in wrestling, it seems way too vague to just mention the word as a trigger

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Let's not get too far down the Mary tunnel just yet, Angus does bring up a good point. Could be innocuous but I have my suspicions.

Riona's soliloquay mentioning two wrestlers and a commentator could also easily be a task.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    I'm not saying your guilty, but you're sure acting like it

Is it a crime to get defensive when accused of being something you're not? Is it wrong to dispute a mounting wall of nonsense before it topples and crushes you? Is it frowned upon to eat a man and desecrate his corpse? Actually that last one is pretty bad and if we catch someone doing it we should definitely tell them off.

But I'm no wolf. If I were, I'd have kept my head down early doors and, I dunno, waited for an innocent villager to come under suspicion and then made passive aggressive "I'm not accusing you but..." posts

Is it a crime to get defensive when accused of being something you're not? Is it wrong to dispute a mounting wall of nonsense before it topples and crushes you? Is it frowned upon to eat a man and desecrate his corpse? Actually that last one is pretty bad and if we catch someone doing it we should definitely tell them off.

But I'm no wolf. If I were, I'd have kept my head down early doors and, I dunno, waited for an innocent villager to come under suspicion and then made passive aggressive "I'm not accusing you but..." posts

Forget the task for a moment. I'm still not understanding what you mean by trigger? Nothing has happened yet so how can the word 'match' be a trigger?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    Let's not get too far down the Mary tunnel just yet, Angus does bring up a good point. Could be innocuous but I have my suspicions.

Riona's soliloquay mentioning two wrestlers and a commentator could also easily be a task.
    Ok, I'll just talk to myself then.

'How are you today Isla?'

I'm fine Isla, a bit peeved though.'

'Why's that Isla?'

'Everyone is thinking of self preservation and want to stay quiet until after the munch'

'Well that doesn't seem like much fun Isla?'

'I know, Isla but it seems that's the way its gonna be?'

'Maybe you need to shake things up Isla.'

'Perhaps, Isla. Maybe I should break some hearts, take some names...'

Could mentioning your won name 7 times in one post be a task?

Or spell out "Oh, I We Wimp" ?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Just checking this out now.... christ my poor head is confused at the op. Thats all I've read to date so hoping im not speaking from the grave yet. Shall plow on and get back to ye at a later time, thank god its only a couple hundred posts. Hopefully all my questions have already been answered :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Forget the task for a moment. I'm still not understanding what you mean by trigger? Nothing has happened yet so how can the word 'match' be a trigger?

To be fair, nothing has happened yet.... doesn't mean something will happen soon.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

For what its worth, I don't think any taskes are on thread. Well that's my take from the OP.

Could all be in the backroom. Wolves be sitting there laughing like "hahahahaha" while Isla grills Mary like a well done steak.

Oh, so there was a task, was there? Why don't you tell me more...

Trigger, as in it seemed to set off a lot of speculation. Like the trigger on a gun sets a bullet in motion. Or, in this case, like Del Boy's mate who often says things that are incorrect or just plain stupid.

Now, shall we set about finding some dog people or would you like to dissect how many 'e's I put in my 'oh yeeeeaaah!'?

Could mentioning your won name 7 times in one post be a task?

:pac: *Not sure if serious...

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Lol, no

Okay Mary, I'll leave you be for now. Hopefully something more concrete pops up in the next few hours, but if not, you know where my vote is heading

Mary WW wrote:
    Oh, so there was a task, was there? Why don't you tell me more...

Obviously there was a task. One team tried to kill someone and failed.

For those who are suggesting otherwise please read OP.

'Tasks will take place ON-THREAD'

Not in backrooms. As for the rest of your well written note that's exactly what I'm trying to do. Find the dog people.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Be careful Mary, the more you defend yourself the more the conversation becomes about you and potential tasks can be slipped by with wolves going unnoticed while the lockeroom all focus on the narrative around you. See if you can spot something more suspicious than what you yourself posted.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    For what its worth, I don't think any taskes are on thread. Well that's my take from the OP.

Could all be in the backroom. Wolves be sitting there laughing like "hahahahaha" while Isla grills Mary like a well done steak.

No it says, on thread task... still in the early days of reading but it would be handy to compile a list of people who spoke before the munch. Guaranteed at least one wolf in there, assuming there was a munch. Just finished page 1. I'd assume there is probably a decent proportion of people who did post though and it doesn't excuse the people who didnt post but could give us a narrower list for tonights lynch.

If it hasnt been done before i get home (or already) i will compile a list in a few hours.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

This came up earlier. From the OP
    Game begins officially with a morning munch on Day 1, at 11:00AM. The munch will be chosen by the team who wins their on-thread task.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

wrote:
    Please Note:

Team WCW and Team ECW, on certain days, will compete for kills with an on-thread task. These tasks will NOT include any forms of hidden messages, grammar, gif posting or spelling mistakes.

Kill Orders

Day Zero is a safe day for all WWF superstars, who are free to discuss the world of professional wrestling with each other.

Game begins officially with a morning munch on Day 1, at 11:00AM. The munch will be chosen by the team who wins their on-thread task.

There will be two munches on the morning of Munch 2, with both teams getting a kill.

Day 3 will see one munch, again chosen by the team who completes their on-thread task.

This pattern will alternate through the event (1 kill, then 2, then 1, then 2).

That's the sussiest thing I have seen YET.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Afternoon all, glad to see that we got away without a kill. We should make a list of reasons no matter how crazy of why that was the situation.
    "maybe neither team did their task."

just an idea

Also, we have plenty of time to find the task and it's all before 11am today, no task today as per Gertrude's post above. 2 kills tomorrow morning regardless.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Are people reading the OP, there was a task on thread before this mornings munch, but we don't know if the task was won or not, perhaps a team won it by default.

All suspicions of tasks need to be discussed, its all we have to go on right now.
    [/Please Note:

Team WCW and Team ECW, on certain days, will compete for kills with an on-thread task. These tasks will NOT include any forms of hidden messages, grammar, gif posting or spelling mistakes.

Kill Orders

Day Zero is a safe day for all WWF superstars, who are free to discuss the world of professional wrestling with each other.

There will be two munches on the morning of Munch 2, with both teams getting a kill.

Day 3 will see one munch, again chosen by the team who completes their on-thread task.

This pattern will alternate through the event (1 kill, then 2, then 1, then 2).
    QUOTE]

That's the sussiest thing I have seen YET.

Hmm... would a wolf try to say that there isn't something when they know there is or would a wolf try to put an innocent up at the first chance?

• Advertisement

considering day 1 is a safe day i'd imagine interpretation of the OP or a deliberate mis-interpretation of it would not be given as a task. Could be but at the moment i'd be keeping an eye out for wrestling references

beakerjoe wrote: »
    hhhkkk20-1458290653-800.jpg
    JR :

Dawn was breaking in the arena and both invading teams tried to jockey for a position of power within the WWE arena.

After a long battle only one team got to take advantage and they attempted to take down a WWE superstar.

A lone WWE Superstar wandered to the ring and suddenly one invading team surrounded him with steel chairs in hand. The attempted to enter the ring to attack, with their leader looking to strike first.

The WWE Superstar was full of fear and accepted his fate!

But suddenly a massive pyro went off from the stage and theme music hit as the fans went wild. The wolves were rattled and their leader was in shock. The wolves retreated unable to complete their attack.

A KILL WAS UNSUCCESFUL

Tegan, please see bolded part of this morning's message.
    Tegan WW wrote: »
    Afternoon all, glad to see that we got away without a kill. We should make a list of reasons no matter how crazy of why that was the situation.
    "maybe neither team did their task."

just an idea

No harm in putting the idea out there. BUT. The above suggests to me a task was completed, just for some reason the kill failed.

Could be a BG protect (most likely) or a number of other factors.

I'm guessing that, somehow between the baddies it was decided who got a task and that task was then failed perhaps because of early player inactivity. Probably wouldn't give us much to work off if it is the case though as that would mean there had not been an early task done to look out for.

Angus WW wrote: »
    considering day 1 is a safe day i'd imagine interpretation of the OP or a deliberate mis-interpretation of it would not be given as a task. Could be but at the moment i'd be keeping an eye out for wrestling references

I think the most likely task last night was a wrestling reference alright. Admittedly I jumped on Mary very quickly, but there's a very good reason for that and already it's brought discussion amongst the group so...

What would likely wresteling references be? No clue about wresteling im afraid.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    I'm guessing that, somehow between the baddies it was decided who got a task and that task was then failed perhaps because of early player inactivity. Probably wouldn't give us much to work off if it is the case though as that would mean there had not been an early task done to look out for.
    This is my suspicion as well but I can't say It is more than a guess.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

The match types reference last night/this morning, namely money in the bank, bra and panties, table and ladders, from my knowledge of wrestling, these are mainly WWF/WWE matches? Should we look for something more in reference to WCW and ECW? I'm not as familiar with these 2 brands.

The Roster:

Isla WW -
    Barbara WW
    Vernon WW
    Nigel WW
    Gertrude WW
    Holly WW
    Gabriel WW
    Steve WW
    Abigail WW
    Doris WW
    Riona WW
    Desmond WW
    Frank WW
    Derry WW
    Mary WW
    Phil WW
    Orla WW
    Liam WW
    Angus WW
    Wendy WW
    Tegan WW
    Jake WW

The Post Count:
    Isla WW 33
    Phil WW 13
    Jake WW 13
    Doris WW 11
    Orla WW 10
    Steve WW 9
    Mary WW 8
    Angus WW 7
    Barbara WW 6
    Wendy WW 5
    Gabriel WW 5
    Gertrude WW 5
    Derry WW 3
    Desmond WW 2
    Vernon WW 2
    Tegan WW 1
    Holly WW 1
    Riona WW 1
    Frank WW 1

3 haven't posted.

It feels like an on thread task would need some element to it that involved getting villagers to do something. Eg, try to elicit favour between the two divas fighting in the video posted, but only villager opinions counted? A little too obvious though. It would make the posting of the video a massive red flag. Similarly, it could be to get villagers to post the name of a famous action star. Or do a macho Man impression.

Christ, I'm starting to suspect myself.

• Advertisement

If it had to be before 11 today and I am looking for wrestling references the ones that jump out are The B&P match reference by Riona and Mary's match and wrestler catchphrase post. Then there was Isla talking to herself and mentioning a beast (at least the latter one could be a wrestling reference).

All that said I think the task was failed because of inactivity (just a guess though) so at this time I'm not too gone on anyone of those

Advertisement