Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XX - WWE: The Monday Night Wars

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

No one's died yet, and still so many of you so keen to jumpstart a bandwagon with post counts and quote blocks. A bit early to be putting a match to that fuse don't you think?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Vince McMahon: The self-made billionaire, and the legendary visionary of the world of Professional Wrestling. Vince leads his collected superstars into battle. After all, no one is more capable of spotting which talent deserves a WWF contract, and who needs to hear his dreaded catchphrase "You're Fired!", more than Mr McMahon.

Thoughts: Vince is probably the seer.

Triple H: The Game, The Cerebral Assassin, the King of Kings, HHH goes by many different names and titles. But he is perhaps most known for his backstage abilities. Hunter uses his backstage power to confront the booking team, and finds out if he's going over or not. He will know better than most if WWE are winning the battle, or if they've taken greater losses than they realise.

Sounds like priest

Stone Cold Steve Austin: When the glass shatters, everyone should be aware, because pissing off the Rattlesnake can have some very dire consequences. Although aligned with WWF, Stone Cold has the habit of taking the law into his own hands and hitting his devastating Stone Cold Stunner, leaving his victim staring up at the ceiling for the three count.

Vigilante

The Rock: The People's Champion, The Rock is a charismatic force of nature, unafraid of fulfilling the will of the people and making sure their fan favourites come out on top. No one works harder than The Rock to ensure Team WWF puts on the greatest show they possibly can, and he will work with anyone to ensure their enemies can smell what The Rock is cooking.

Bodyguard?

The Undertaker: The Dead Man has a very special connection to Parts Unknown, and is able to call on the power of the spirit world to grant him incredibly knowledge. It takes an incredible force to keep the Undertaker down for the three count, because The Phenom can no sell even the worst of finishing maneuvers.

Can talk to someone who died? Takes two hits to kill?

Kane: The brother to the Deadman, and a monster in his own right, when the fires explode and his demented music hits, whoever he has chosen can only dream of the horrors they will face; will he burn you alive, electrocute your testicles or deliver his dreaded Tombstone Piledriver onto a steel chair? Regardless, there's no coming back from an attack by the Big Red Machine!

Either SK, or has a number of triggered kills perhaps.

Bret Hart: The Canadian Hero himself, Bret Hart doesn't necessarily trust those who he is forced to surround himself with. Bret knows that crossing certain individuals can lead to him getting screwed. But Bret knows he should get as much advice as he can before he does anything rash, and so will seek discussions when he can, trying to weed out those he can trust from those who intend him harm.

Can choose to bring others to a back room.

Shawn Michaels: The fans love him but the Heartbreak Kid has developed a reputation over the years for being a bit of a nuisance backstage. Shawn only cares about himself, and will make sure to lay the blame for all his problems on everyone but himself. The Sexy Boy's big mouth may lead everyone to admire his charisma, but he's as prone to land himself in hot water as he is to help the team, especially if Bret Hart hears the rumours HBK is spreading behind his back.

Something tells me HBK's actions could lead to Bret turning... or vice versa?

Chris Jericho: Y2J may have started his career in WCW and ECW, but he has jumped ship to the fabled lands of WWF. Although he works hard every time he is in the ring, Jericho's storied history is hard to forget, and the fans speak fondly of his time as The Liontamer. Being the showman that he is, Chris Jericho has a wide array of dazzling moves, and his charisma cannot be ignored.

Shows up as bad on seer checks due to his past allegiances with WCW and ECW?

Mick Foley: Poor Mick has taken so many blows over the years, and has suffered so much damage in the ring, that he sometimes cannot remember who he is. Suffering from split personalities, Mick keeps his opponents on their toes, as they never know if they'll have to deal with the psychotic Mankind, the suicidal Cactus Jack or the cool cat pacifist that is Dude Love.

Possibly triggered into one or all three of his personas, Dude Love being a pacifist... Mankind maybe a kill? Cactus Jack suicidal so perhaps he kills himself and another?

Kurt Angle: The Olympic gold medalist, and possibly one of the most gifted athletes ever to step inside the squared circle. Kurt has some of the smoothest reflexes around, and it is impossible to catch Kurt off guard; if he can win a gold medal with a broken frickin' neck, he sure as hell isn't going to be caught from behind in a backstage attack!

Immune to vig kills?? Not sure on this one.

Eric Bischoff: The leader of Team WCW, who believes controversy creates cash. He seeks to cause as much mayhem as possible as he leads his chosen few to victory, and much like Vince McMahon, is a visionary in the world of professional wrestling.

Wolf seer

Hollywood Hulk Hogan: No one does backstage politics like Hogan does. The crowd love him, even though they know his actions are heinous, and still cheer him despite his allegiance to WCW. And as part of the nWo, one of the most dominate forces in wrestling history, Hogan knows just what he can to exert his creative control and make sure his opponents struggle to take him down clean.

If lynched can change votes to avoid it? 'Creative Control'

Goldberg: Goldberg has one of the most devastating finisher combos of them all, and you had best not fall victim to his Jackhammer or Spear!

Has one, or two triggered kills.

Paul Heyman: The man with the silver tongue, Paul Heyman knows his team are at a disadvantage, but lives by a motto, "Accentuate the positives, hide the negatives". Heyman might not have the same level of talents available as others, but ECW has a strong niche following, which grows stronger with each passing day. Although he receives scouting reports on all free agents, it will take him a little while to make up his mind on which superstar to put his faith in and help carry his team to victory. Should he discover the perfect man to build his team around, can he discover a strong enough argument to convince them to make a pilgrimage to the Land of Extreme?

Recruiter, but certain characters can't be turned? Maybe those who haven't appeared in ECW? Not sure.

Rob Van Dam: No one flies higher than RVD, and if the WWF figures out a way to take down the Whole Dam Show the paying crowd disapprove of, like losing clean, ECW will have a backup plan to help them regain a bit of an advantage.

If lynched or vig killed (Team WWE taking him down) a wolfcub is activated.

Just my thoughts on the roles thought I'd get them out there....

Mary WW wrote: »
    No one's died yet, and still so many of you so keen to jumpstart a bandwagon with post counts and quote blocks. A bit early to be putting a match to that fuse don't you think?

Lol. You can't start a bandwagon of one.

Wassa matter, your feathers ruffled? Let's see what 11am brings

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Not when there are apparently tasks to be completed, and not many posts to go on

Isla WW wrote: »
    Bret Hart: The Canadian Hero himself, Bret Hart doesn't necessarily trust those who he is forced to surround himself with. Bret knows that crossing certain individuals can lead to him getting screwed. But Bret knows he should get as much advice as he can before he does anything rash, and so will seek discussions when he can, trying to weed out those he can trust from those who intend him harm.

Can choose to bring others to a back room.

Shawn Michaels: The fans love him but the Heartbreak Kid has developed a reputation over the years for being a bit of a nuisance backstage. Shawn only cares about himself, and will make sure to lay the blame for all his problems on everyone but himself. The Sexy Boy's big mouth may lead everyone to admire his charisma, but he's as prone to land himself in hot water as he is to help the team, especially if Bret Hart hears the rumours HBK is spreading behind his back.

Something tells me HBK's actions could lead to Bret turning... or vice versa?
    There's definitely something funky about Bret Hart and allegiances, IRL he was already with WCW by 1999. Could possibly be converted on the completion of a task?

• Advertisement

Phil WW wrote: »
    There's definitely something funky about Bret Hart and allegiances, IRL he was already with WCW by 1999. Could possibly be converted on the completion of a task?

Possibly, more than likely Bret and Shawn are linked in some way shape or fashion given their history.

Vince may also have some involvement in it

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

I read the op as Shawn could be turned but actually this makes more sense

Time is nigh, catch you on the other side folks if I'm alive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

hhhkkk20-1458290653-800.jpg
    JR : Dawn was breaking in the arena and both invading teams tried to jockey for a position of power within the WWE arena.

After a long battle only one team got to take advantage and they attempted to take down a WWE superstar.

A lone WWE Superstar wandered to the ring and suddenly one invading team surrounded him with steel chairs in hand. The attempted to enter the ring to attack, with their leader looking to strike first.

The WWE Superstar was full of fear and accepted his fate!

But suddenly a massive pyro went off from the stage and theme music hit as the fans went wild. The wolves were rattled and their leader was in shock. The wolves retreated unable to complete their attack.

A KILL WAS UNSUCCESFUL

Success folks. Now. Failed task or BG protect....? Or... Undertaker attack?

• Advertisement

Actually going off the post one team completed their task successfully.

Well done BG, good move.

That leads to draw this conclusion.

Mary is a wolf. I presented my evidence already, mention of a MITB match and a Randy Savage quote.

J'accuse!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Yes, up yours baddies!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Or maybe kurt angle?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Actually going off the post one team completed their task successfully.

Well done BG, good move.

That leads to draw this conclusion.

Mary is a wolf. I presented my evidence already, mention of a MITB match and a Randy Savage quote.

J'accuse!

MITB?

MITB?

Money in the Bank:

Tables, Ladders, Briefcases

J'accuse!

I never said 'match' in that post, and that seems to be a trigger word. It's a wrestling theme, the Randy Savage quote was flavour. But you're very quick to accuse. Compensating for anything? My, what big teeth you have, Isla...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

How do you mean Undertaker attack, what power does he have?

Doris WW wrote: »
    How do you mean Undertaker attack, what power does he have?

Well going off the OP it is my opinion he can survive two attacks. 'No sell even the greatest finishers' (or something to that effect). I think it would be worded differently if it was though.

I never said 'match' in that post, and that seems to be a trigger word. It's a wrestling theme, the Randy Savage quote was flavour. But you're very quick to accuse. Compensating for anything? My, what big teeth you have, Isla...

Nice to see the trees have been rustled at least. How is match a trigger word? Care to explain?

You seemed very defensive of the very limited amount of analysis that had been done pre-munch

• Advertisement

Well going off the OP it is my opinion he can survive two attacks. 'No sell even the greatest finishers' (or something to that effect). I think it would be worded differently if it was though.

Actually that makes sense, I thought perhaps he was the priest, unless he has 2 powers?
    The Undertaker: The Dead Man has a very special connection to Parts Unknown, and is able to call on the power of the spirit world to grant him incredibly knowledge. It takes an incredible force to keep the Undertaker down for the three count, because The Phenom can no sell even the worst of finishing maneuvers.

Actually that makes sense, I thought perhaps he was the priest, unless he has 2 powers?

That first part could mean he can communicate with the dead...maybe.

'Knowledge garnered from the spirit world'

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

My take on the undertaker from OP was priest role too. Separating the roles from the flavor is not easy.

You seemed very defensive of the very limited amount of analysis that had been done pre-munch

Damned right. Isla's been waving a noose in my direction since day 0. No one wants to be first out.

Match as a trigger :
    All this talk of underwear matches is starting to sound like a task.
    All mentions of matches so far which seems a good way to go re: tasks.

Riona's and Mary's posts stand out to me as sussy. Just my early thoughts though.
    This post stands out to me above the rest tbh.

Mention of a match and a Randy Savage quote.
    Orla WW wrote: »
    There has been a few match references throughout, didnt know it was a Savage quote. If there is a kill then the positives is there is something in those low number of posts to be found

I'm just believing what I read...

My take on the undertaker from OP was priest role too. Separating the roles from the flavor is not easy.

I figured Triple H was priest as he 'will know more than most about how the battle is faring out'

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

you can not kill what is already dead

Trigger for what? Is there something you're not telling us Mary?

That's task discussion, which we should be doing. Limited enough amount of posts last night so pardon me for scrutinizing one that stands out to me.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

I had expected more to have to read back on to catch up. The only thing I see as being a potential task at this moment is the TLC / Macho Man thing I guess but I also fear this game may be one where it will be very easy to accidentally make a reference and look like your doing a task.

Ok, so read the OP again; this is my take on it now

Vince is the seer
    hhh is the priest
    Austin is the vig
    rock is the bg
    undertaker takes more than one hit to kill or apprentice priest?
    Kane has some kind of kill
    Bret has a room
    Shawn ?
    y2j and mick seem to have some power when triggered
    Kurt has more than one hit to kill

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Morning all. Apologies for the delay I am nursing a massive hangover and not being in work today has ruined my early morning routine.

The fear is now also real.

giphy.gif

Advertisement