Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XX - WWE: The Monday Night Wars

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Oh God, Nigel's gone postal :pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    fair play for saying so as I don't know if most would, although maybe if people looked back and worked that out for themselves it may have looked bad. I think that could be an honest mistake as im a little worried about making a wrestling reference in this as anything could be considered a task.

Still though there is not much to go on and those posts are good ones to focus on as I doubt we will get many other tasks done during a time of such low posting and therefore posts to look through for tasks being done by people.

Why would we be doing tasks? That's for the woofs

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

I very much doubt it is but ill be the first to say Nigel Breaking the thread makes him wolf material ha

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I think it refers to pyrotechnics, big fireworks displays.

Spot on. ;)

Isla WW wrote: »
    Oh God, Nigel's gone postal :pac:

Vote Angus

• Advertisement

I very much doubt it is but ill be the first to say Nigel Breaking the thread makes him wolf material ha

I didn't break anything, quick to turn once I qu tho

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I knew very little of BUffy but I think it is the same no matter what game. You may be more likely to spot stuff if your a wrestling fan but your also more likely to come off as a wolf by talking about wrestling.

Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    You would way that, do you really not see how wofly that port was?
    WWTASK

Booker T (who worked for WCW) had a catchphrase

"5 times, 5 times, 5 times, 5 times, 5 times"

Task may have been to say the same thing on 5 occasions, trying to disguise it as a posting error

Dude, that was a joke because of your multiple posts.

WHat is your question for me? Don't think I have done anything suspicious. I didn't say we had done a task but that I was working under the assumption that I believe Doris (who has done nothing suspicious) put forward that a task had been completed but that someone had protected the person attacked. If that was the case I was responding to some of the posts people had highlighted as potential wrestling references on thread that could have been attempted tasks by wolves (none of which were posted by me).

• Advertisement

And then followed it up with two after in an attempt to disguise it

Phil WW wrote: »
    WWTASK

Task may have been to say the same thing on 5 occasions, trying to disguise it as a posting error
    And then followed it up with two after in an attempt to disguise it

No tasks today and Nigel didn't post before 11am... Not saying that clears him but if a task was completed last night, it wasn't him.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Mentioned all of the protagonistsand the new guise of wwe. Could that be a task?

Tbh i wouldnt have glanced at it twice only for she was quick to push barbara forward earlier. There was also no further comment until after todays munch or a thanks to the answer of the question. Why ask a question if you dont care about the answer.

Still havent studied the thread properly. Will do so later. Im not accusing gertrude just putting it up as a possible task.

I didn't push anybody. I said the post saying there was no on-thread tasks was the sussiest post I had read yet. I then quoted the OP and highlighted 3 places were on-thread tasks was specifically mentioned.

WHat is your question for me? Don't think I have done anything suspicious. I didn't say we had done a task but that I was working under the assumption that I believe Doris (who has done nothing suspicious) put forward that a task had been completed but that someone had protected the person attacked. If that was the case I was responding to some of the posts people had highlighted as potential wrestling references on thread that could have been attempted tasks by wolves (none of which were posted by me).

You responded to Doris, agreed. But I put forward the idea originally. First and second posts post munch.

WWTASK

King Booka makes no mistakes

I'm not Booker T sadly

Okay fair enough, I'm having a hard time following you from joking to this defensiveness though

Now, as per the OP there ARE two kills tomorrow morning. So there would not be a task tonight.... perhaps.

Perhaps, teams are able to complete tasks in advance and therefore we should stay vigilant.

Not suggesting this is the case, but safer to have that out in the open so we don't relax and dismiss the idea of tasks being done at any stage.

No tasks today and Nigel didn't post before 11am... Not saying that clears him but if a task was completed last night, it wasn't him.

I was posting last nigth

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Unless the task last night was not to post, though that doesn't make much sense as it would be too easy to complete.

I don't think there is a task today for the wolf teams either, though could be tasks for other players to earn powers.

Our best bet is to focus on the posts from before munch, there is not a whole lot of them in fairness

Okay fair enough, I'm having a hard time following you from joking to this defensiveness though

it happens in this game when people accuse people of being wolves. I should re-read the OP but it would seem (if that post above is to be believed) there isn't a task today, but there was a task already done even if the kill failed. Therefore is it okay to discount posts being done now? and If so I guess we should just focus on the dodgy looking posts from before 11am today. Correct?

• Advertisement

The Roster:

Isla WW -
    Barbara WW
    Vernon WW
    Nigel WW
    Gertrude WW
    Holly WW
    Gabriel WW
    Steve WW
    Abigail WW
    Doris WW
    Riona WW
    Desmond WW
    Frank WW
    Derry WW
    Mary WW
    Phil WW
    Orla WW
    Liam WW
    Angus WW
    Wendy WW
    Tegan WW
    Jake WW

The Post Count:
    Isla WW 33
    Phil WW 13
    Jake WW 13
    Doris WW 11
    Orla WW 10
    Steve WW 9
    Mary WW 8
    Angus WW 7
    Barbara WW 6
    Wendy WW 5
    Gabriel WW 5
    Gertrude WW 5
    Derry WW 3
    Desmond WW 2
    Vernon WW 2
    Tegan WW 1
    Holly WW 1
    Riona WW 1
    Frank WW 1

3 haven't posted.

Um... no you weren't Nigel. Not on thread anyways.

Now, as per the OP there ARE two kills tomorrow morning. So there would not be a task tonight.... perhaps.

Perhaps, teams are able to complete tasks in advance and therefore we should stay vigilant.

Not suggesting this is the case, but safer to have that out in the open so we don't relax and dismiss the idea of tasks being done at any stage.
    Exactly, just highlighting it as a possibility. TBH I've had my eye open for a 5x task the whole time, so jumped at the first sight of it

it happens in this game when people accuse people of being wolves. I should re-read the OP but it would seem (if that post above is to be believed) there isn't a task today, but there was a task already done even if the kill failed. Therefore is it okay to discount posts being done now? and If so I guess we should just focus on the dodgy looking posts from before 11am today. Correct?

You should most definitely reread the op

Exactly, just highlighting it as a possibility. TBH I've had my eye open for a 5x task the whole time, so jumped at the first sight of it

Bunging zoots while I walk into your trap. Suss.

Nigel, why would you say you were posting last night when you only became active 48 minutes ago? I is confused?

Nigel, why would you say you were posting last night when you only became active 48 minutes ago? I is confused?

The most logical conclusion is that I was mistaken

Phil isn't the only one who can bung a zoot I'll tell ya h'what

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmUz-Vov_270CQwOGs1p2okgcOnWyr52GJTvvL6YsJ1ZOQIVY

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

If it had to be before 11 today and I am looking for wrestling references the ones that jump out are The B&P match reference by Riona and Mary's match and wrestler catchphrase post. Then there was Isla talking to herself and mentioning a beast (at least the latter one could be a wrestling reference).

All that said I think the task was failed because of inactivity (just a guess though) so at this time I'm not too gone on anyone of those

said beast in wrestling terms

wYBM27Q.gif

Bunging zoots while I walk into your trap. Suss.
    Had to Google what bunging zoots meant. I'm clearly not down with the kids

The most logical conclusion is that I was mistaken

Phil isn't the only one who can bung a zoot I'll tell ya h'what

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmUz-Vov_270CQwOGs1p2okgcOnWyr52GJTvvL6YsJ1ZOQIVY

Not picking on you Nigel as I genuinely think you don't have PW knowledge but thought i'd highlight that could definitely be an RVD reference and he is listed as an ECW roster member (I suspect there is more than 1 ECW wrestler too).

• Advertisement

Vernon WW wrote: »
    said beast in wrestling terms

wYBM27Q.gif

Yes that was what I was referencing when highlighting that Isla said that. However there was no "The" which would probably go with it for that reference when given as part of a task in my opinion.

Advertisement