Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Lenihan "no good right wing comedians"

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

I find the mere fact he's a democrat has the opposite effect too (ditto Hillary) - I sense that those who slate them wouldn't have a problem with the very same stuff being done by republicans. They all deserve criticisms for any wrongdoing.

E.g. a poster has started another thread about the state of affairs in Libya following Gaddafi's removal. That poster makes it clear their negative feelings about muslims on a regular basis. An opinion they're entitled to, by the way, but do you really think they'd be concerned about the people of Libya if that attack had not been Obama/Clinton approved?

Well, if Republicans bombed Libya, I would be just as outspoken. Anyone who attacks the policy based on who's carrying it out is an idiot. No doubt your right that this happens regularly, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

20Cent wrote: »
    The second paragraph of the post is a hyperbole exaggeration if the tweet.

Lots of trolling and sh1tposting on twitter isn't that what the alt right are all about? Wouldn't judge a guy on a tweet.

I would prefer to think of said paragraph as an attempt to understand Linehan's strange (to me) views.

Extrapolation rather than exaggeration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Lots of trolling and sh1tposting on twitter isn't that what the alt right are all about?

What's that got to do with the price of fish?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

c_man wrote: »
    What's that got to do with the price of fish?

That someones attitude to an issue shouldn't be judged on one tweet which could have been made as a joke or a windup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

That someones attitude to an issue shouldn't be judged on one tweet which could have been made as a joke or a windup.

Still not sure why you're bringing the "alt-right" into this.

If it's a joke, well it's not up there with his best. Let's just agree that the tweet itself is pure nonsense? I mean, it would be worrying if someone held to the views he's expressed. Let's hope for his sake that he isn't serious.

Advertisement