Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

I did buy the launch ps4 and xbox one no problems with either.I got pro after few months after it launch didn't get many deals same with xbox x doesn't seem much has change in deals really.

With the scarlett you can play all your old games plus if you have gamepass you would'nt have to buy any games at launch Halo infinite any first party game at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Faulty xbox one x this end, hdmi port appears to be knackered, 4 months old, well looked after :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Are you sure someone didn't wack the HDMI cable when it was plugged in with out you knowing?

Are you sure someone didn't wack the HDMI cable when it was plugged in with out you knowing?

Only me and the lady in the house lad, I do change from monitor to tv the odd time but a whack it hasn't had :(

Having got it in Letterkenny, 40 miles away from me in the north here, am I entitled to land down and get a replacement does anyone know? Ta

Edit: raging too as I've been working in Dublin the past ten days and was really looking forward to a few games of Fifa tonight :( Playing through the laptop isn't the best at all.

Liamalone wrote: »

Only me and the lady in the house lad, I do change from monitor to tv the odd time but a whack it hasn't had :(

Having got it in Letterkenny, 40 miles away from me in the north here, am I entitled to land down and get a replacement does anyone know? Ta
    yea you get a year warranty you got to get in touch with Microsoft.

• Advertisement

rob808 wrote: »

Surely the shop should exchange it with it being only four months old?

well you could try but can't see that happening which shop did you get it in argos smyth gamestop?

well you could try but can't see that happening which shop did you get it in argos smyth gamestop?

Gamestop trade in deal

Gamestop trade in deal
    well you can chance it.If it doesn't work out the only option left is to send it into Microsoft. There is change gamestop might fix it free.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Your contract is with Gamestop. They WILL try to fob you off and tell you, you need to contact Microsoft but the law says you don't. They either have to repair, replace or refund.

You can however go straight to Microsoft if you want. You can do it all online directly through https://account.microsoft.com/devices/

The warranty for the Xbox is also 2 years, not 1. When you register it online first, it might say 1 year as that's all they get in the U.S I think but if you contact customer service they will change it to 2 years, which is what it is in the EU.

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Your contract is with Gamestop. They WILL try to fob you off and tell you, you need to contact Microsoft but the law says you don't. They either have to repair, replace or refund.

You can however go straight to Microsoft if you want. You can do it all online directly through https://account.microsoft.com/devices/

The warranty for the Xbox is also 2 years, not 1. When you register it online first, it might say 1 year as that's all they get in the U.S I think but if you contact customer service they will change it to 2 years, which is what it is in the EU.
    I didn't know that they change it from 1 year to 2 years that gives you peace at mind.

Thanks Misky, this was my initial thoughts but just wanted to hear an informed opinion to the same extent. I'm expecting an argument tomorrow, I will argue blue **** for a direct replacement for the mileage/hassle of it all but I know that probably won't work out. A three week ms service doesn't suit.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Thanks Misky, this was my initial thoughts but just wanted to hear an informed opinion to the same extent. I'm expecting an argument tomorrow, I will argue blue **** for a direct replacement for the mileage/hassle of it all but I know that probably won't work out. A three week ms service doesn't suit.

Thanks

If they give you any hassle about it let them know you'll file a small claims court application online upon leaving the store and they'll have to explain it to Gamestop HQ.

I have had them try to fob me off with a 3 month warranty saying after that it needs to go back to Microsoft which is a load of BS. Their own terms and conditions say their own warranty cannot supersede your consumer rights but they still try to wing it in-store.

They'll want to test your console first to see the fault so be sure to leave time for all this to take place. It might be about 20 minutes + depending on how busy the store is.

Faulty xbox one x this end, hdmi port appears to be knackered, 4 months old, well looked after :(

Changed by Gamestop with no fuss at all. Thanks for advice folks :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Reviews are starting to come out for Gears 5. Looks like it's a cracker.

I pre-ordered Borderlands 3 just now and no pre-load. Only a 100MB download what is that about does anyone know?

I also pre-ordered the Yooka-Laylee 2 last night which is set to be released a week or two after Borderlands 3 and I was able to download the full game.

Only reason I am asking is I have a bad internet connection and wanted to have it all downloaded so I can jump straight in on release date. And the mad thing is Yooka-Laylee 2 was only a 3.5GB download where as Borderlands 3 will more that likely be 80 or 90GB's so I really could have done with it being the other way round.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,970 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I pre-ordered Borderlands 3 just now and no pre-load. Only a 100MB download what is that about does anyone know?

I also pre-ordered the Yooka-Laylee 2 last night which is set to be released a week or two after Borderlands 3 and I was able to download the full game.

Only reason I am asking is I have a bad internet connection and wanted to have it all downloaded so I can jump straight in on release date. And the mad thing is Yooka-Laylee 2 was only a 3.5GB download where as Borderlands 3 will more that likely be 80 or 90GB's so I really could have done with it being the other way round.

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2019-09-03-borderlands-3-release-schedule/

Looks like 48 hours before launch.

Thanks.

Borderlands 3 is a smaller than expected download clocking in at 39.98 GB

That is a smaller than expected download. Must be due to the cell shading or what ever they call the graphics they use.

8,000th post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

That is a smaller than expected download. Must be due to the cell shading or what ever they call the graphics they use.

8,000th post.

Congratulations on the post count bud :)

We need you to post more if it helps get smaller game downloads :D:D :pac: :pac:

J/k :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

If anyone thinks they'll be interested in Gears 5 Multiplayer, watch on Mixer here with your Microsoft account to get a mixpot for it. It's showing the campaign now, so if you want to avoid spoilers, just put it on silent and switch to a different tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I have been through the ringer with Microsoft the last couple of days- we came back from Hols and when I sat down to play a game the One X wouldn't turn on. I tried all the troubleshooting I could find and nothing. Contacted Amazon who said they'd repair it no problem but I was free to contact MS if I wanted. Cue them telling me in no uncertain terms that the warranty was 1 year, no if's, and's or but's about it. Three different agents, all with the same answer. I got back onto Amazon who said they'd repair it but I might have to send it myself to them as they don't have a free pickup in Ireland. After a bit of back and forth about where to return it to the agent said that he could offer me two options- return it for a full refund or send it England for repair. I have chosen the former and will stick with the One S I have until the next gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

ibFoxer wrote: »
    I have been through the ringer with Microsoft the last couple of days- we came back from Hols and when I sat down to play a game the One X wouldn't turn on. I tried all the troubleshooting I could find and nothing. Contacted Amazon who said they'd repair it no problem but I was free to contact MS if I wanted. Cue them telling me in no uncertain terms that the warranty was 1 year, no if's, and's or but's about it. Three different agents, all with the same answer. I got back onto Amazon who said they'd repair it but I might have to send it myself to them as they don't have a free pickup in Ireland. After a bit of back and forth about where to return it to the agent said that he could offer me two options- return it for a full refund or send it England for repair. I have chosen the former and will stick with the One S I have until the next gen.

That's very unusual.

You shouldn't have to talk to customer service at all btw. Once you register your Xbox on the link above. It's just a matter of going through the automated service for repair. They usually collect with UPS.

I just tried it with my XB1X which is in warranty until November 2020 and got this "In Warranty - Same Unit Repair
    Once non-functioning unit is received, it will be inspected and a repair will be attempted. If a repair is not possible, it will be replaced with a similar device."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

That's very unusual.

You shouldn't have to talk to customer service at all btw. Once you register your Xbox on the link above. It's just a matter of going through the automated service for repair. They usually collect with UPS.

I just tried it with my XB1X which is in warranty until November 2020 and got this "In Warranty - Same Unit Repair
    Once non-functioning unit is received, it will be inspected and a repair will be attempted. If a repair is not possible, it will be replaced with a similar device."

I checked after Misky and the yoke wasn't listed as registered even though I know I did. Maddening stuff. Either way it's on it's way back to Amazon now and they have emailed that the refund will be with me in the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Anyone get their early access beta code for pre ordering modern warfare? I got the email but can’t find a code anywhere in the email

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

if you pre-ordered on the console it says in the beta faq's that you automatically are in the beta so no code needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Dozyart wrote: »
    if you pre-ordered on the console it says in the beta faq's that you automatically are in the beta so no code needed.

I pre ordered in the shop , it took me a while to figure it out but finally got it there cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Anyone get their early access beta code for pre ordering modern warfare? I got the email but can’t find a code anywhere in the email

It is ridiculous how they did it. Didn't get a beta code in the email either. I had to go to the call of duty website and hit redeem code, it will appear here in a black box saying you redeemed a code already.

https://profile.callofduty.com/promotions/redeemCode/mw-preorder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

For anyone that is interested, the Modern Warfare Open Beta is available for download for Xbox One now.
    I started downloading it this morning before I set off for work, think its about 40GB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement