Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

I think you just need to sign out of the app and games bar. Once signed out you have to manually sign in, seems that way for me anyway I'm not sure if theres something more to it.

I figured it out, the game pass app (Xbox Beta) auto starts with Windows and has a system tray icon you can right click and there is an option to set status. I just disabled auto start in task manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

I picked up one of the official wired headsets but the thing worked for about 20 seconds and now seems completely dead.
    Are these things generally a bit ****e? and if so is there any half decent ones you can get?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Bought a pair of TurleBeach XO when the One first came out, still have them, no issues with them.
    I got the Lucid Sound 3 back in the Black Friday Sales of 2017 but I only used them like 4 or 5 times, they are a lot better that the TB one, sound is amazing but I had to stop wearing them because I could not hear anything around me when I had them on and at the time we were having some problems with the alarm going off every night, not to mention the baby crying.
    I heard nothing so had to go back to the TB :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Good to know the XO is decent, maybe down the line Id need one but I just want a mic for the moment. Id rather use the external speakers for sound

Good to know the XO is decent, maybe down the line Id need one but I just want a mic for the moment. Id rather use the external speakers for sound

As far as I am aware, the game sound can be played externally too, there is something in the settings were you can tweak it.
    I normally mute the TV when I am playing at night and stick on the TB but udring the day, I play the sound through the TV

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I've put this into the dashboard/insider thread, but I think it's big enough news to put it in here too.

New Home screen incoming.

console_home_PR_940.png?fit=938%2C528

See here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »
    I've put this into the dashboard/insider thread, but I think it's big enough news to put it in here too.

New Home screen incoming.

console_home_PR_940.png?fit=938%2C528

See here.

Looks very plain, tbh, I dont mind the current dashboard, the friends etc sections at the top are easy enough to navigate. This reminds me of going for such an overly clean look, that it'll be hard to find things.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Looks very plain, tbh, I dont mind the current dashboard, the friends etc sections at the top are easy enough to navigate. This reminds me of going for such an overly clean look, that it'll be hard to find things.
    That is a fair point.

On the one hand, I prefer the cleaner look of my Ps4's UI but when I need to find anything that isn't a game, I have a nightmare...but that could also be because it's my secondary console.

I'm perfectly happy with the Xbox UI at the moment, I know my way around it in a jiffy.

I do like the look of that new dashboard, but again, that's a fair point to make Stone Deaf

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I believe the point of the new dashboard is to improve speed by removing sections (and functions) that are heavily reliant on an internet connection.

You can see it in action in this video, in which the narrator continuously extols its new speed, but I'd ignore that to be honest.

Was there an issue with Xbox Live last night?
    I started playing GTA but 30 minutes into it, it closed and I was taken back to the Xbox Home Screen.
    I tried a few other games and none would start, they would freeze up on the loading screens.
    I even tried Twitch as I was going to stream a bit but again it just froze on the loading screen and did nothing.
    Checked my connection and it said I was connected, broadband was working on everything else in the home, could run Netflix on my mobile but not on xbox

• Advertisement

Was there an issue with Xbox Live last night?
    I started playing GTA but 30 minutes into it, it closed and I was taken back to the Xbox Home Screen.
    I tried a few other games and none would start, they would freeze up on the loading screens.
    I even tried Twitch as I was going to stream a bit but again it just froze on the loading screen and did nothing.
    Checked my connection and it said I was connected, broadband was working on everything else in the home, could run Netflix on my mobile but not on xbox

did you try a hard reset?

Yeah, first thing I did, didnt fix it, I just ended up turning the console off and read a book, hadn't done that in years :D

CatInABox wrote: »
    I believe the point of the new dashboard is to improve speed by removing sections (and functions) that are heavily reliant on an internet connection.

You can see it in action in this video, in which the narrator continuously extols its new speed, but I'd ignore that to be honest.

Wow could the lag finally be gone? It only took them 5.5 years to sort out... But I'll believe it when I see it. I'd like to see him go into games -> Updates and see if it still takes 2-3 mins to tell you you have no updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Glebee

Did i see somewhere that its now possible to use keyboard and mouse easily with xbox one??? Gaming pc is screwed and thinking of switching to xbox...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Glebee wrote: »
    Did i see somewhere that its now possible to use keyboard and mouse easily with xbox one??? Gaming pc is screwed and thinking of switching to xbox...

You can, but options and support are limited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Glebee wrote: »

Xim4 but haven't bothered with it ... And in some ways it's kind of cheating if everyone else is using a regular controller. It's easy to see if someone is using it in their captures by how quick they track up to a kill in an exact kill point. So expect to be reported if your just going around easily picking people off in multiplayer.

What do other people here think?

Cheating or not?

I'm tempted to get one and go to the dark side

Double post delete

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

You can delete posts yourself. Just a heads up not just for you but someone else reading might not know that.

You can delete posts yourself. Just a heads up not just for you but someone else reading might not know that.

I was on my phone and kicked into a new layout (not touch) so the delete post wasn't available for some reason!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

Xim4 but haven't bothered with it ... And in some ways it's kind of cheating if everyone else is using a regular controller. It's easy to see if someone is using it in their captures by how quick they track up to a kill in an exact kill point. So expect to be reported if your just going around easily picking people off in multiplayer.

What do other people here think?

Cheating or not?

I'm tempted to get one and go to the dark side
    It cheating in terms of having a unfair advantage in FPS and people using them should be ban from games.

• Advertisement

rob808 wrote: »
    It cheating in terms of having a unfair advantage in FPS and people using them should be ban from games.

Does anything ever happen when you report someone? Is it up to the Game developers or do Microsoft take action?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

Does anything ever happen when you report someone? Is it up to the Game developers or do Microsoft take action?
    Microsoft usually does but the developer can block you from the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

WELL!!!!!!!!

Picked up a One X yesterday with FH4 and F7 bundle (traded in my PS4 Pro.....ssshhhhh......don't tell the PlayStation lads - they'll go mad!)

Anyways, all nearly setup, just need to install the free games.

Question, is it possible to setup an account for my girlfriend on the One X without her needing to create a Microsoft account?

Is she able to do this and then play all of the installed games as well as have access to Game Pass?

Or does she need her own subs and Microsoft account?

shuffles03 wrote: »
    WELL!!!!!!!!

Picked up a One X yesterday with FH4 and F7 bundle (traded in my PS4 Pro.....ssshhhhh......don't tell the PlayStation lads - they'll go mad!)

Anyways, all nearly setup, just need to install the free games.

Question, is it possible to setup an account for my girlfriend on the One X without her needing to create a Microsoft account?

Is she able to do this and then play all of the installed games as well as have access to Game Pass?

Or does she need her own subs and Microsoft account?

Assuming you only have one xbox, and aren't going to be gamesharing:
    Set the console as your home console, then create profile for your girlfriend, she'll be able to play everything you own, as long as the console is online.

Assuming you only have one xbox, and aren't going to be gamesharing:
    Set the console as your home console, then create profile for your girlfriend, she'll be able to play everything you own, as long as the console is online.

Awesome!! Thanks for that.

Another noob question,

We’re currently installing a game from Game Pass and have two other games queued. However, when a previous game installed the Xbox didn’t automatically start installing the next queued game. Is there a setting we need to change to enable that?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It should if they were queued. Did you click install all?

It should if they were queued. Did you click install all?

Nah just individually as I added them to the queue. I’ll try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Is the only available bundle for the XBox One X (White) the Forza one? I'm not a fan of racing games so.....

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Hey guys sorry just getting back into xbox and need to renew all my memberships.

If I buy off CD keys are there regions or will any do?

More use to ps4 and there are regions in them but can see them in the same place on the xbox stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Hey guys sorry just getting back into xbox and need to renew all my memberships.

If I buy off CD keys are there regions or will any do?

More use to ps4 and there are regions in them but can see them in the same place on the xbox stuff

As long as it isn't Brazilian the keys are global afaik.

Sga, stack up some gold then convert to Game Pass Ultimate to get a few years of Game Pass for a good price.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement