Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Another Inside Xbox tomorrow

https://twitter.com/XboxIE_Official/status/1176058623388262401

Looking forward to seeing more about xCloud.

Wonder what Hitman 2 news they have as well, I'm currently assassinating my way through it right now. I assume that it's just more on the September patch.

Would really like them to distil it down to a 20/30 minute show though, there's just not enough there to justify an hour or more. In fairness to the crew doing it, they're not as cringey as they used to be, but that's about only good thing that I can say about it really....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

xCloud testing launches next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

CatInABox wrote: »
    xCloud testing launches next month.

Just redirects to https://www.xbox.com/en-IE/ for me :(

Well, have fun testing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

I was able to register on the US site using UK as my country and a postcode from a hotel I stayed at in Liverpool before :D

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-streaming/project-xcloud/register

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Was able to sign up for the UK one with my AP postcode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Yup I signed up using the post code for Goodison Park :D signing up is one thing, getting selected is another, it actually working in Ireland who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I just selected UK and used my Eircode, went through no hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I just selected UK and used my Eircode, went through no hassle.

Just did the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Folks if I buy a digital game code for a game on amazon.uk, in sterling, or on the Microsoft store, in sterling.
    Will it work on an Irish account?

Im looking at Shadowkeep and it's around €5 euro cheaper for the digital code on the above than it is in the Irish store. Due to exchange rates/vat, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,584 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

amadablam wrote: »
    Folks if I buy a digital game code for a game on amazon.uk, in sterling, or on the Microsoft store, in sterling.
    Will it work on an Irish account?

Im looking at Shadowkeep and it's around €5 euro cheaper for the digital code on the above than it is in the Irish store. Due to exchange rates/vat, etc.

If it is just a game code it will.

If it is just a game code it will.

Cheers dude. Amazon are selling the game digitally on amazon UK for 49.99:sterling.

But it said

Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United Kingdom

I wonder is that a general disclaimer?

The game is 59.99 on Irish store so a nice saving if it worked.

Do amazon email it or post it I wonder?

Says non refundable so I just want to make sure.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,215 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cheers dude. Amazon are selling the game digitally on amazon UK for 49.99:sterling.

But it said

Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United Kingdom

I think that's an amazon restriction not a Microsoft one, so you might have to use your parcel motel address or something to get it.

But it said

Do amazon email it or post it I wonder?

If you wait until tomorrow, press start have the deluxe listed at €52.

If you wait until tomorrow, press start have the deluxe listed at €52.

Cheers Mickeroo and Sniper.

I might wait for press start because that's the version I wanted.

My crappy broadband will take a few days anyway.

I could be regretting buying it once the influx of 'new light' players start. Its going to be interesting to say the least! :pac: :pac:

Cheers Mickeroo and Sniper.

I might wait for press start because that's the version I wanted.

My crappy broadband will take a few days anyway.

I could be regretting buying it once the influx of 'new light' players start. Its going to be interesting to say the least! :pac: :pac:

The patch goes up in a few minutes. You should still have it ready for tomorrow if D2 is already installed.

I'll be splitting my time on Destiny 2 between PS4 and Xbox now that it is F2P with cross save.

If you are planning on going cross platform I would buy a Steam key for the deluxe and just buy the base on Xbox. The extra cosmetics and the season passes are cross platform.

The only things that aren't cross platform are Forsaken and Shadowkeep, these will need to be purchased for each platform you want access to the content on.

The patch goes up in a few minutes. You should still have it ready for tomorrow if D2 is already installed.

I'll be splitting my time on Destiny 2 between PS4 and Xbox now that it is F2P with cross save.

If you are planning on going cross platform I would buy a Steam key for the deluxe and just buy the base on Xbox. The extra cosmetics and the season passes are cross platform.

The only things that aren't cross platform are Forsaken and Shadowkeep, these will need to be purchased for each platform you want access to the content on.

Cheers for the tip, downloading it now.

I have never bought a steam key? What's the story with them? Do you link your xbox account?

I have D2 on both Xbox and Ps4 but mostly play xbox (thousands of hours on d1+2) and have cross play set up so I can finally use my top gear on ps4.

Never bothered with forsaken on ps4 though. as I played all the time on xbox.

I bought the digital deluxe version on xbox last time on release and obscene money (110 at the time or something crazy )

Seems a lot more reasonable this time with the new season pass structure.

Cheers for the tip, downloading it now.

I have never bought a steam key? What's the story with them? Do you link your xbox account?

I have D2 on both Xbox and Ps4 but mostly play xbox (thousands of hours on d1+2) and have cross play set up so I can finally use my top gear on ps4.

Never bothered with forsaken on ps4 though. as I played all the time on xbox.

I bought the digital deluxe version on xbox last time on release and obscene money (110 at the time or something crazy )

Seems a lot more reasonable this time with the new season pass structure.

Don't worry about getting it on Steam, just a way to save a little more if playing on PC.

€110 sounds right for the deluxe of Forsaken Complete, it was €80 for the expansion and Y2 annual pass with the deluxe content.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

Getting xbox achievements playing Ori on the switch, wonderful :)

As much as I'd like to try out xCloud, I've less than zero interest in Killer Instinct.

https://twitter.com/KillerInstinct/status/1179806048871305216

• Advertisement

Finally got around to switching my Virgin Media router over to bridge mode and setting up my Archer C7. Such a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Finally got around to switching my Virgin Media router over to bridge mode and setting up my Archer C7. Such a difference.

They can be in the habit of switching back from bridge mode if there is a major version update to the Hub firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Is it wifi range or throughput you installed it for?

ZiabR wrote: »
    Is it wifi range or throughput you installed it for?

It's everything really: range, speed, the 5G band not kicking every device off, better software. You name it, and the C7 is better at it.

Well, not so much that the C7 is better, just that the VM box is so bad at everything. Great service and everything, I'd recommend them for broadband over everyone else, but the box isn't great.

Had to do similar this week , neighbouring network crippling ours with interference regards less of what channel I selected and dragging the wifi speed down to 2Mbps down and 0.2 up. Wired is fine and I ruled out any problems in our network. Chief suspect is the new Sky network near by with it's range extender. FFS like the size of the houses we're in they have no need of it. I can get 100% signal in the attic through insulation.

Finally got around to looking at some of the Flight Simulator previews, and I have to admit, it's gorgeous. It's also very impressive technology wise, looks like they've finally mastered the art of streaming from the cloud, with the world and geometry streamed in from an Azure centre. Perhaps all those years working on Crackdown 3 will finally pay off in the future.

Finally got around to looking at some of the Flight Simulator previews, and I have to admit, it's gorgeous. It's also very impressive technology wise, looks like they've finally mastered the art of streaming from the cloud, with the world and geometry streamed in from an Azure centre. Perhaps all those years working on Crackdown 3 will finally pay off in the future.

That does look gorgeous! Never was interested in FS but this one i'll have to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

MS sending out xcloud invites from today apparently, has anyone got one yet?

MS sending out xcloud invites from today apparently, has anyone got one yet?

Not me anyway. I'm assuming that they're able to detect that I'm in Ireland despite what my Xbox says, so I'm not holding out too much hope.

It's getting a positive reception so far though, it looks pretty good in some of the videos. Be interesting to see how the lag is, some are saying it's noticeable at the start, but it's in the realm of "you can get used to it" rather than "it makes this unplayable". That's probably good enough in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Not me anyway. I'm assuming that they're able to detect that I'm in Ireland despite what my Xbox says, so I'm not holding out too much hope.

It's getting a positive reception so far though, it looks pretty good in some of the videos. Be interesting to see how the lag is, some are saying it's noticeable at the start, but it's in the realm of "you can get used to it" rather than "it makes this unplayable". That's probably good enough in my opinion.

For me it's definitely a game I would want to wait for, Alpha would probably ruin the experience depending on how far along in development it is. Even contemplating getting the flight sticks here in anticipation, I'd say demand at launch will probably raise their price a little.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement