Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

1777879808183»

Comments

That used to work, but now you need an IP address in the country the code is for. If only there was a way to change your location while online...

But not for the UK or has that changed? I've never been refused using UK codes or even buying from UK store (from Irish IP). But i haven't bought a single thing since game pass so maybe its changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

But not for the UK or has that changed? I've never been refused using UK codes or even buying from UK store (from Irish IP). But i haven't bought a single thing since game pass so maybe its changed.

It changed when the ability to generate gift codes for games was enabled to prevent people from activating out of region keys.

That's why you now see codes for Xbox marked with a region where as they used to be all global keys except Brazil.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

That used to work, but now you need an IP address in the country the code is for. If only there was a way to change your location while online...

Against ToS and can result in deactivated live accounts. It's not zero risk.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Just FYI everyone, the Boards game awards nominations are open, you can find the forum here.

Go in and post any games you've played on Xbox, doesn't have to be exclusive, just if you've played it and like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭U.P.O.

I’m buying an Xbox one game code online for a present for my nephew. Do I need to buy the UK or EU code ? Game is Descenders if it makes any difference.

Buying it from Gamivo but all they can tell me is the EU ones won’t work in the UK but they didn’t say anything about Ireland one way or another

• Advertisement

U.P.O. wrote: »
    I’m buying an Xbox one game code online for a present for my nephew. Do I need to buy the UK or EU code ? Game is Descenders if it makes any difference.

Buying it from Gamivo but all they can tell me is the EU ones won’t work in the UK but they didn’t say anything about Ireland one way or another

If you are in Ireland you will need an EU region code, the UK codes can only be activated if you have a UK IP address.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭finglashoop

cd keys have uk only games. will they work as normal

would i need to change region on xbox .com for them to work?

cd keys have uk only games. will they work as normal

would i need to change region on xbox .com for them to work?

Changing region on the website or console doesn't work anymore, you need an ip address in the region the key is for to activate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Changing region on the website or console doesn't work anymore, you need an ip address in the region the key is for to activate.

so i need eu keys?

so i need eu keys?

Yes, UK is a separate region due to Brexit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭beer enigma

What about stuff that was bought a while back from CD keys, will they still work as it's already activated?

What about stuff that was bought a while back from CD keys, will they still work as it's already activated?

If it's been activated on your account it won't be removed.

Nothing to do with brexit, its tied to currency. Has been since before brexit was even mooted.

Nothing to do with brexit, its tied to currency. Has been since before brexit was even mooted.

The game codes haven't, they were all global keys before digital game gifting was enabled. The top up codes have always been currency locked though.

The game codes haven't, they were all global keys before digital game gifting was enabled. The top up codes have always been currency locked though.

Game codes were not all global keys, some were region locked, at least they were 2/3 years ago when I worked with them. No idea how that has changed since

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

So I've owned Ori for maybe 10 years and ashamed to say I've never gave it a proper shot.

Well 6+ hours in the last 3 days says I'm hooked, bloody love it. Why didn't anybody tell me????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

theteal wrote: »
    So I've owned Ori for maybe 10 years and ashamed to say I've never gave it a proper shot.

Well 6+ hours in the last 3 days says I'm hooked, bloody love it. Why didn't anybody tell me????

I finished will o the wisps yesterday, savage game as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I bought an XBox wireless controller (with the share button) and a Venom charging dock with two battery packs but the battery packs don’t fit the controller - the ones on the packaging don’t have the share button so obviously it was meant for an the older controller.

We have an older controller so the dock and batteries will still be of use.

Can the new controllers be charged be charged on that dock if I get the proper battery packs ? Or would it need a new dock - in which case I will just get a couple of rechargeable batteries?

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

The A button on my elite series 1 has been sticking down for the past while, I had the 3 year replacement warranty in Argos that ends next week so I figured I may aswell use it. Obviously couldn't get a replacement series 1 :( so I just paid the difference and now have finally got the series 2.

Fingers crossed this one lasts as long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

wexdevil wrote: »
    Obviously couldn't get a replacement series 1 :( so I just paid the difference and now have finally got the series 2.

Fingers crossed this one lasts as long.

Why did you have to pay? If it was accepted as faulty should have been repair/refund/replacement, the replacement being whatever was closest. Did they refund?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Well the series one was €149.99 and the series two is €189.99 so I just payed the difference, not able to replace the series one as they dont stock that any more but could of straight up gotten refunded so no hassle there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

There was no need for a generational split in the general chat threads, so I've renamed the Series thread to "Xbox General Chat", and this one will now be closed.

All general chat should go into the Xbox General Chat thread.

Thanks,

CIAB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement