Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Got my invite for xcloud tonight, in Ireland but signed up with a fake UK address. Using on 5ghz virgin WiFi, seemed laggy but obviously maybe it's not ready for Ireland and also was using an apk of the app as I couldn't download from the app store as said not available in my country. In theory it's a game changer be nice to see what's it like when it's officially Available here

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Got my invite for xcloud tonight, in Ireland but signed up with a fake UK address. Using on 5ghz virgin WiFi, seemed laggy but obviously maybe it's not ready for Ireland and also was using an apk of the app as I couldn't download from the app store as said not available in my country. In theory it's a game changer be nice to see what's it like when it's officially Available here

It could be that VM router. People say it's terrible especially where it is under a lot of stress such as streaming a game. Where as general browsing not so much.

It could be that VM router. People say it's terrible especially where it is under a lot of stress such as streaming a game. Where as general browsing not so much.

Yes tend to agree not a great router at all, did try and 4g also much the same results.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

:confused: Wireless while gaming :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Where'd you get the app?
    I got the invite too, but was unable to get the app, even on VPN :(

• Advertisement

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,211 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You guys getting the invite through e-mail or in your messages on Xbox Live?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Mickeroo wrote: »

I got it via email.

Cheers for this, got it downloaded this morning. Will need to wait until this evening before I can try it out.

Mickeroo wrote: »

Yup e-mail invite for me too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

If anyone is looking for something to do this weekend, The Division 2, Age of Wonders: Planetfall, and Stellaris are all having a Free Play Days event

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1184862097479356422

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

From looking at the FAQ thread this is probably best place to ask.

So Ive an Xbox One and game pass after a long hiatus of playing games. Its great right but theres a few games I wanna pick up that arent on it esp some older games. Such as Evil Within, GTA, destiny

Wheres the cheapest and most reliable places to buy down load codes for games these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

beakerjoe wrote: »

So Ive an Xbox One and game pass after a long hiatus of playing games. Its great right but theres a few games I wanna pick up that arent on it esp some older games. Such as Evil Within, GTA, destiny

Wheres the cheapest and most reliable places to buy down load codes for games these days.

CDKeys

• Registered Users Posts: 27,958 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

beakerjoe wrote: »

Destiny 2 is free to play now so I wouldn't bother with Destiny.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Destiny 2 is free to play now so I wouldn't bother with Destiny.

I did not know that.

Did they include (m)any expansions in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I did not know that.

Did they include (m)any expansions in that?

All Year 1 content is included. You also have access to the Year 2 and Year 3 patrol zones and strikes(only via playlist). All other content requires purchase of Forsaken(Year 2) or Shadowkeep(Year 3)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Playing Stellaris via games pass. It is amazing. I love space so this grand strategy game is right up my street. Huge amount of detail in the game and some really really good customisation. Its fantastic.

Well the Xbox One X overheating protection works. I got a new stand for my Tv that has a shelve under it for satellite boxes or what not so I put my One X in there and was playing a bit of Borderlands 3 and after about half an hour or so I got a black screen and Xbox turned off. I was like what the hell. Turned it back on and got a pop up about over heat protection and to put Xbox in well ventilated area.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Has anyone used the Xbox Design Lab? I would like to give it a try before the year is over.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Has anyone used the Xbox Design Lab? I would like to give it a try before the year is over.

I've created designs in there alright, but never purchased!
    Too dear for me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Thinking about picking up one of these even though I have a ps4 and a switch?

Housemate got a good deal at 250? and Gears 5 looked great, also game pass seems like unreal value in comparison to Playstation now.

Also have a large xbox 360 collection from back in the day.

But then again we are at the end of the life cycle

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I've created designs in there alright, but never purchased!
    Too dear for me :(

Might be worth checking out around Black Friday and Cyber Monday to see if the price for it drops. I certainly will for sure.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Might be worth checking out around Black Friday and Cyber Monday to see if the price for it drops. I certainly will for sure.

Good point 20% or more and I might be in :)

This is just a continuation of the Elite controller chat in bargain alert thread. I have a first gen and will not be picking up the second gen as I only used mine a few times. Don't really like the rubber on it but it is a great controller features wise but mine is just sitting in the press. I see they market that rubber texture as a feature even with second gen.

Give me a standard controller with two paddles on the back and I would be set. I do not need any other features.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

The only thing I like about the Elite controller is the weight on it, I only ever used the paddles 2 or 3 times so have no use for them, its my main controller purely because I like the weight of it, I dont like the rubber and mine started to peel off a few months ago with 2 pieces coming completely off.

I am tempted to mess around with my other controller and put some weight in it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Our Xbox got nicked when my house got burgled yesterday (equalling one sad me and one even sadder son!) , would it be worth giving the serial number to surrounding cex/gamestop just in case they try and sell it there, or is that a futile and pointless gesture (I'm guessing the latter).

Oh, and if anyone sees a nice 1tb Xbox one, with 2 controllers (because they took those as well, and why not) and overwatch disc for sale local to them by all means let me know.

/pissing in the wind.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Our Xbox got nicked when my house got burgled yesterday (equalling one sad me and one even sadder son!) , would it be worth giving the serial number to surrounding cex/gamestop just in case they try and sell it there, or is that a futile and pointless gesture (I'm guessing the latter).

Oh, and if anyone sees a nice 1tb Xbox one, with 2 controllers (because they took those as well, and why not) and overwatch disc for sale local to them by all means let me know.

/pissing in the wind.

Unfortunately the latter. If you have the MAC address stored somewhere the Gardai can trace it via the ip address from Microsoft if it gets connected to Live, other than that there isn't much you can do.

Went through the same thing 2 years ago. Took my PS4, but left the Xbox as was one of the og bricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Unfortunately the latter. If you have the MAC address stored somewhere the Gardai can retrieve it via ip trace from Microsoft, other than that there isn't much you can do.

Went through the same thing 2 years ago. Took my PS4, but left the Xbox as was one of the og bricks.

Yeah, guessed that tbh. They left my original Xbox, probably didn't want to risk a hernia carrying it. Didn't write down the MAC address unfortunately, but lesson learned for next one, and time to go alarm shopping. (and new Xbox shopping eventually)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

/pissing in the wind.

Contact MS support and you can get the console blocked from live, I very much doubt the gardai will bother liasing with them to get the location though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Contact MS support and you can get the console blocked from live, I very much doubt the gardai will bother liasing with them to get the location though.
    If you go to https://account.microsoft.com/devices/ you should be able to get the details of the Serial, etc. and have the console banned by MS Support.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement