Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Really like that sports blue controller!
    It might actually trump the sports red one as my favourite :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

What? That is some ugly ass controller.

What? That is some ugly ass controller.

Really? I think it's nice :)

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/sport-blue-special-edition

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Anybody know any good bundle deals for an Xbox one s ? Housemate is looking to get one specifically for gears 5 .he was going to go for the discless version? Surely you would be tied to digital prices then, in saying that your game pass is great value

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Anybody know any good bundle deals for an Xbox one s ? Housemate is looking to get one specifically for gears 5 .he was going to go for the discless version? Surely you would be tied to digital prices then, in saying that your game pass is great value

The standard prices are dear but there is a sale every week with some pretty decent deals if willing to wait for the game you are after although you would be waiting a while usually if it is a new game and then also bigger sales through out the year. So going all digital is not so bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

he was going to go for the discless version?

I'm not sure there's any point, the best bundle deals always seem to be on the regular console! Also gives him the choice if there are bargains on physical games

I've been 100% digital this gen. Between sales and gamepass it's fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

maximoose wrote: »
    I'm not sure there's any point, the best deals always seem to be on the regular console!

Yeah he going for the disc based one now with gears. He had it before but now has a switch and PS4.

I wouldn't get one myself feel like its a bit late in the game to be getting it, with next gen around the corner, different stroke for different folks I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Does anyone have Forza Motorsport 7 and cannot get past the initial start point ads the screen goes black?

Until recently my xbox would download games when "off" and do system updates etc.
    But now when I turn off my console, the downloads are stopped until I turn it back on!

What setting have I accidentally turned on/off?
    My brain is telling me it's something to do with Always On!

Also, just got updates for 10 360 games!
    That seems high!
    Any ideas? :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Until recently my xbox would download games when "off" and do system updates etc.
    But now when I turn off my console, the downloads are stopped until I turn it back on!

What setting have I accidentally turned on/off?
    My brain is telling me it's something to do with Always On!

Check power and start up settings, sounds like you have energy saver mode enabled.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Check power and start up settings, sounds like you have energy saver mode enabled.

That's it, thanks :)

I must have done it when I stopped using the xbox as a media centre a few months back! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Also, just got updates for 10 360 games!
    That seems high!
    Any ideas? :D

An emulator update which applies to loads of games, nothing more.

CatInABox wrote: »
    An emulator update which applies to loads of games, nothing more.

Cool, thanks!

I did read earlier that the actual 360 had a software update earlier today, so was thinking it might have been linked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Does anyone have Forza Motorsport 7 and cannot get past the initial start point ads the screen goes black?

I vaguely remember this happening when I installed first, I don't remember doing anything special to fix it, perhaps restarting the xbox. This was with the diskless version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

I wonder... Do you reckon Microsoft will release a brand new controller for next gen?

I'd like see them sticking with the current controller, it can't really be improved upon and then there is the overpriced elite controller. But at the same they will probably make the Xbox1 controller not compatible, cause you know greedy bastards.

I wonder... Do you reckon Microsoft will release a brand new controller for next gen?

I'd like see them sticking with the current controller, it can't really be improved upon and then there is the overpriced elite controller. But at the same they will probably make the Xbox1 controller not compatible, cause you know greedy bastards.

Actually I recall them saying existing controllers would be compatible with new scarlet consoles.

They said at E3 that xbox one peripherals will be forward compatible :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

SuperS54 wrote: »
    I vaguely remember this happening when I installed first, I don't remember doing anything special to fix it, perhaps restarting the xbox. This was with the diskless version.

Spent ages trying to sort it, reading all the solutions etc. Just bought forza horizon 4 instead and will trade motorsport against borderlands 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Actually I recall them saying existing controllers would be compatible with new scarlet consoles.
    Some outlets are interpreting what they said at E3 as meaning that they expect Xbox 360 controllers to work with Scarlett. If so, they're really pushing for the 'no one gets left behind' theme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

Has anybody ordered the xbox scarlett in gamestop?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

rob808 wrote: »
    Has anybody ordered the xbox scarlett in gamestop?

Are they taken pre-orders? Not enough info about it!

Yea and the ps5 you just have to put down €50

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Are they taken pre-orders? Not enough info about it!

They are, I saw a sign in the window the other day - get €100 off PS5/Scarlett when you buy a pre-owned Xbone/Ps4

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Not much point, the days of console shortages on launch day are long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

with the way gamestops financials are going in the US, with layoffs and the trimming down of staff in game informer, I would be EXTREMELY cautious about handing over money as a deposit for any product that is a year away at best.

with the way gamestops financials are going in the US, with layoffs and the trimming down of staff in game informer, I would be EXTREMELY cautious about handing over money as a deposit for any product that is a year away at best.
    well that true they survive till 2020 that why I would only put down €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

why though?

just from past experience, console launches go like this

1. Anticipation & excitement, place your preorder for fear of missing out
    2. Console launch comes, all is rosy
    3. 2 weeks pass, realise launch games are only fair at best
    4. go back to playing your older games on your old system
    5. console price drop occurs or a better value bundle is announced.
    6. Buyers remorse sets in.
    7. launch models begin to exhibit problems.

my advice is to keep your money in your pocket, and see what was things stand in 9 months from now. there will be plenty machines to go round.

• Advertisement

why though?

just from past experience, console launches go like this

1. Anticipation & excitement, place your preorder for fear of missing out
    2. Console launch comes, all is rosy
    3. 2 weeks pass, realise launch games are only fair at best
    4. go back to playing your older games on your old system
    5. console price drop occurs or a better value bundle is announced.
    6. Buyers remorse sets in.
    7. launch models begin to exhibit problems.

my advice is to keep your money in your pocket, and see what was things stand in 9 months from now. there will be plenty machines to go round.
    well I agree with you there maybe I cancel it and wait.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement