Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

As long as it isn't Brazilian the keys are global afaik.

Sga, stack up some gold then convert to Game Pass Ultimate to get a few years of Game Pass for a good price.

I thought they had ended that promotion, is it still on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Cheers sniper, yeah i thought that deal was gone? If not I'll stack a few!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

The €1 deal is gone, but it will still convert all your time afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Anyone know if you can recover a partially downloaded game.

I paused the installation of a game so I could go online for a bit, when I was done I meant to continue downloading.

'Resume installation' and 'cancel' are that close together I hit the wrong one.

Google just comes back with 'how to resume, pause or cancel installation.'

4.5 days to get to 50% ghost recon wildlands...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It's gone. You will have to redownload the whole lot.

• Advertisement

The €1 deal is gone, but it will still convert all your time afaik.

So when they end xbox live they will just transfer my remaining months over to the game pass or am I missing something

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    So when they end xbox live they will just transfer my remaining months over to the game pass or am I missing something

All the remaining time between Game Pass and Gold will be added up and converted to Game Pass Ultimate when you subscribe.

If you have 5 months Game Pass and 5 months Gold, you will have 11 months of Game Pass Ultimate when you buy your first month of GPU.

Nice one thanks mate

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Nice one thanks mate

Hold up, the conversion rate these days isn't great! The special €1 offer was a once off that would convert your months directly, i.e. if you had 5 and 5, you'd add those 10 to the 1 free month and end up with 11. That offer is over now, so they pro rata the conversion, so they only convert the euro value i.e. 3 months of gold might only be worth 1 month of Game Pass Ultimate.

I don't know the exact conversion rate, but it's no where near as good as it used to be.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Hold up, the conversion rate these days isn't great! The special €1 offer was a once off that would convert your months directly, i.e. if you had 5 and 5, you'd add those 10 to the 1 free month and end up with 11. That offer is over now, so they pro rata the conversion, so they only convert the euro value i.e. 3 months of gold might only be worth 1 month of Game Pass Ultimate.

I don't know the exact conversion rate, but it's no where near as good as it used to be.

It still converts all your time to Ultimate when you sign up, that conversion rate applies when adding Gold or Game Pass codes after conversion.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It still converts all your time to Ultimate when you sign up, that conversion rate applies when adding Gold or Game Pass codes after conversion.

Huh. I was sure that this was a special offer that ended.

I did it last night and sniper is right.

I had just bought 12 months of live and got 13months of ultimate in total after the upgrade.

That being said I hadn't any subs for around a year so hadn't upgraded anything yet

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Huh. I was sure that this was a special offer that ended.

It has ended in so much as that it is no longer €1 to upgrade, it's now €12.99 to upgrade.

The conversion rate that I think you're thinking of applies after you have upgraded:

767u2zu8xe331.png

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

WarpAsylum wrote: »

I just tried via the link and got this....

wRMmjlIl.png

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

It only cost me a euro to upgrade my subs the other night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I bought a new controller and I can’t get it to connect with the Xbox, it just keeps on flashing ? It stopped flashing once liked it was connected but none of the buttons were doing anything , any ideas ?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I bought a new controller and I can’t get it to connect with the Xbox, it just keeps on flashing ? It stopped flashing once liked it was connected but none of the buttons were doing anything , any ideas ?

Did you sync the controller. Press the Xbox logo on controller to turn on controller then press the sync button on top of controller then sync button on console at the same time and the led on controller will flash and then light up fully to show it has connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Did you sync the controller. Press the Xbox logo on controller to turn on controller then press the sync button on top of controller then sync button on console at the same time and the led on controller will flash and then light up fully to show it has connected.

I had tried that a good few times but it’s working now anyway cheers man

Will Borderlands 3 be on gamepass? And what is with MS selling it for €70 while I can get a physical copy in Smyths for €55. I would prefer a digital copy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,902 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Will Borderlands 3 be on gamepass? And what is with MS selling it for €70 while I can get a physical copy in Smyths for €55. I would prefer a digital copy.

No it won't be on GamePass. Maybe in a few years. Most new games from the big studios start at €70 on both Xbox and PS4 stores. Just the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

If you have a gaming pc you can get it for € 38

rob808 wrote: »

CD Keys?

TitianGerm wrote: »

CD Keys?
    yea there pretty decent

TitianGerm wrote: »

CD Keys?
    yea there pretty decent

yea there pretty decent

Ah yes I've used them before.

I actually do have a gaming PC but I will get it on Xbox.

Just remember that Borderlands 3 is an Epic Store exclusive on PC. Blah, blah, blah Tencent. Blah, blah, blah Chinese spyware etc. etc.

Inside Xbox is live from Gamescom today, at 4PM. Be prepared for a 1 hour plus show that could really be done and dusted in 10 minutes.

Watch on Mixer with your Microsoft account for a Mixpot of free stuff, which I think is just going to be some "Gears POP" stuff this time. Still holding out hope for another surprise like Outer Wilds, but I'm doubtful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Inside Xbox is live from Gamescom today, at 4PM. Be prepared for a 1 hour plus show that could really be done and dusted in 10 minutes.

Watch on Mixer with your Microsoft account for a Mixpot of free stuff, which I think is just going to be some "Gears POP" stuff this time. Still holding out hope for another surprise like Outer Wilds, but I'm doubtful.

yup, gears horde reveal is the only thing I'm interested for, surprisied to see they have destiny 2 though, or is sony not at gamescom either?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement