Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Revolut physical card (normally €6)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Morby

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Mine arrived in 4 working days, only coming from London

Brilliant, might be just about doable so! Thanks for letting me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

I still haven't been able to activate my Revolut card. For shame, I have a Windows phone.

Wondering if I could install the Revolut app on the Amazon Fire 7 tablet? https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01J90O0N4/ref=fs_aus Tempted to buy as now only £29.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

If I'm buying something on Amazon.co.uk for say £25 with my revolut card, is it better to convert some of the card balance from Eur to Stg first or does it matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭funnyname

Doesn't matter, converts it at the prevailing spot rate, check via xe.com after the transaction. I don't know why I didn't open my account earlier.

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    If I'm buying something on Amazon.co.uk for say £25 with my revolut card, is it better to convert some of the card balance from Eur to Stg first or does it matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

funnyname wrote: »
    Doesn't matter, converts it at the prevailing spot rate, check via xe.com after the transaction. I don't know why I didn't open my account earlier.

Perfect, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Yeah I think I will be just using everything this Christmas via the Revolut card.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I gave the card to the other half to use
    I’m subway the terminal came up
    Pay in € or £
    She was baffled lol

I must say the card is great
    Sent £2k to someone the other day and it was in the uk bank in 2 days no problems
    Used it on various sites and in shops no problem
    Post office don’t accept the card btw

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Doesn't really matter like the other poster says but if you shop a lot in the UK & you see a good rate you should take it.
    It is a bit of a gamble though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Do I have to submit my ID before the card is issued ?

I requested the card couple of weeks ago and still not arrived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭JimPa

There's an extra charge for converting on weekends. So if you think you might be spending £s at the weekend convert your balance during the week.

• Advertisement

In my continuing effort to validate the Revolut card that I got a few weeks ago ... no app for my Windows phone. I got an old Samsung Galaxy (Model GT-S7275R which I think is the Ace 3) without SIM. I can see the app in the Google Play store but it says "your device isn't compatible with this version". Why? On the Revolut site is says screen size must be at least 3.5" (this one is 4") and must be running at least Android 4.2 (which it is).

Any suggestions please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

leck wrote: »

Any suggestions please?

Windows Phone is dead.

That phone you mentioned is so old and antiquated, probably better to get a newer model or find the APK somewhere(don't know if that is possible with Revolut)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭long_b

In my continuing effort to validate the Revolut card that I got a few weeks ago ... no app for my Windows phone. I got an old Samsung Galaxy (Model GT-S7275R which I think is the Ace 3) without SIM. I can see the app in the Google Play store but it says "your device isn't compatible with this version". Why? On the Revolut site is says screen size must be at least 3.5" (this one is 4") and must be running at least Android 4.2 (which it is).

Any suggestions please?

Pretty sure you will need a SIM in it to verify the number. Did you check for any app updates to the Android Play Store etc?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

long_b wrote: »
    Pretty sure you will need a SIM in it to verify the number. Did you check for any app updates to the Android Play Store etc?

No, you don't need the SIM of the number you've registered with Revolut in the phone the Revolut app is installed on. You just receive a code by SMS on whatever phone that SIM is in and then type that code into Revolut.

long_b wrote: »
    I figured I would use would use the Windows phone to verify the associated phone number.

And feeling dumb here, I thought Google Play Store was the same as Android Play Store. I just see "Play Store" with the triangle icon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭long_b

I figured I would use would use the Windows phone to verify the associated phone number.

And feeling dumb here, I thought Google Play Store was the same as Android Play Store. I just see "Play Store" with the triangle icon.

They're the same thing, sorry for confusing you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭Nollog

I still haven't been able to activate my Revolut card. For shame, I have a Windows phone.

Wondering if I could install the Revolut app on the Amazon Fire 7 tablet? https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01J90O0N4/ref=fs_aus Tempted to buy as now only £29.99.
    I got an 8 on prime day. Revolut app is incompatible on the play store.

You can probably fiddle with how the play store sees the tablet or download an apk, I haven't tried either.

Edit apk works

• Registered Users Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I got an 8 on prime day. Revolut app is incompatible on the play store.

You can probably fiddle with how the play store sees the tablet or download an apk, I haven't tried either.

Edit apk works

I have an older kindle. To get APKs, I install the app on my phone, back it up with ES file explorer, save it to Dropbox and open it from Dropbox on the kindle. The Dropbox APK can be downloaded directly from their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

Does anyone know if this offer is still available? I do not see it on the website any longer stating the remaining free cards, last I checked there were loads left, so put it on the long finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Does anyone know if this offer is still available? I do not see it on the website any longer stating the remaining free cards, last I checked there were loads left, so put it on the long finger.

Still free but have to deposit €50 on your card now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Still free but have to deposit €50 on your card now

sure ? Can't get this to work

Also guys they've pulled their insurance product from Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

If you have signed up you can get a free card (the new Visa card they issue themselves) via this link:

https://revolut.typeform.com/to/ZGpswx

sure ? Can't get this to work

Had to do it last night for one of the offspring, free card when depositing €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭uli84

can someone briefly tell me why it is good to have? I mean - is it any different to the cards I have from the banks?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,439 ✭✭✭TheChizler

You don't get charged currency exchange fees and get the best exchange rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

I presume you don't pay the government stamp duty

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

fletch wrote:

Shhhhhh you'll be giving them ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 9,439 ✭✭✭TheChizler

fletch wrote: »
    You do, same as regular cards up to a maximum of €5 per year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

uli84 wrote:
    can someone briefly tell me why it is good to have? I mean - is it any different to the cards I have from the banks?

I'm holding small but nice crypto profits on it without the hassle of wallets and exchanges.

• Advertisement

You do, same as regular cards up to a maximum of €5 per year.

You sure about that?
    I've never paid them a bean and they are not issued in ROI so not sure how they
    would have the need to?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement