Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Revolut physical card (normally €6)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

TheChizler wrote: »
    Have you tapped the contactless symbol when adding a card and waited for the second screen before trying?

Is that the android pay app?

I'm not seeing the contactless symbol on the version i have on my phone.

Another question, i can't seem to find anything the info i want on the revolut website. My question is to do with the free ATM withdrawals per month. I have a standard card which allows €200/£200 per month free withdrawal. Does anyone know what happens after the limit has been reached?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,439 ✭✭✭TheChizler

That's the Revolut app. You get to it via Top-up > Card > Swipe left to add a new card. Nothing to do with Android Pay, just uses NFC to fill in your card details.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭Nollog

Another question, i can't seem to find anything the info i want on the revolut website. My question is to do with the free ATM withdrawals per month. I have a standard card which allows €200/£200 per month free withdrawal. Does anyone know what happens after the limit has been reached?

Your phone may not have NFC, what model is it?

Nevermind, I read the last page.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MentalMario

fjon wrote: »
    There should be a Standard delivery that's free as well?

I deleted my virtual card yesterday and I'm still not getting the option to get a free standard card either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭batistuta9

You pay a fee, a percentage of the withdrawal.
    2% I think it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I deleted my virtual card yesterday and I'm still not getting the option to get a free standard card either.

I deleted my previous card the other day and was able to add a new one the next day. What way are you doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Wheety wrote: »
    I deleted my previous card the other day and was able to add a new one the next day. What way are you doing it?

Just in the app. Add card. Choosing physical, then address and then I'm seeing a charge on the next screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Just in the app. Add card. Choosing physical, then address and then I'm seeing a charge on the next screen.

Maybe try again tomorrow and let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

When using this in America will I encounter any probs. Recently signed up, put Euros on card and exchanged to USD. Card works here contactless / in machine and at ATM. Do I need to do anything before I go?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gripcasey

BlondeBomb wrote: »
    When using this in America will I encounter any probs. Recently signed up, put Euros on card and exchanged to USD. Card works here contactless / in machine and at ATM. Do I need to do anything before I go?

I have used the card for the last 2 years in USA.
    Shops Restaurants no problems at all.
    In some ATMs card didnt work, not many. There can be a charge for using ATM in the states so I try and limit my use of ATMs .

But it is a great card to have when travelling highly recommend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭__..__

Been using it now for 2 weeks and find it great. Twice though it wouldn't scan and was rejected I ended up paying cash and then a few days later it deducted the same amount from the card, So i had paid double. Contacted the card and they told me to contact the vendor and still.waiting for both amounts to be sorted out. Particular pain when it happens on the weekend as there is no support, not that they helped in these instances anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

__..__ wrote:
    Been using it now for 2 weeks and find it great. Twice though it wouldn't scan and was rejected I ended up paying cash and then a few days later it deducted the same amount from the card, So i had paid double. Contacted the card and they told me to contact the vendor and still.waiting for both amounts to be sorted out. Particular pain when it happens on the weekend as there is no support, not that they helped in these instances anyway.

Would you mind saying where you encountered those issues? Online or in a bricks and mortar shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It works fine in America I was just over there a week ago and used it when my cash ran out which I had planned to do.

j_mo wrote: »
    Would you mind saying where you encountered those issues? Online or in a bricks and mortar shop?

Aldi and Centra.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

__..__ wrote:
    Aldi and Centra.

Thanks for that. I'll give them a go and see if I encounter any problems.

j_mo wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I'll give them a go and see if I encounter any problems.

It worked fine other times in those places too.
    The problem was that the charge didn't appear on the card until the middle of the next night. After I had paid cash when it was rejected in the shop.

__..__ wrote: »
    Aldi and Centra.
    It worked fine other times in those places too.
    The problem was that the charge didn't appear on the card until the middle of the next night. After I had paid cash when it was rejected in the shop.

I've used it in a good few places in America and then on the airplane coming back and in Tesco a few times and a local chemist.

I haven't used it anywhere else yet as I don't have a physical card that long. I have used the digital card loads of times buying from amazon and ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

Usually in those cases where its rejected but the charge appears in the app, the transaction won't be confirmed and you'll automatically get the money back in about 10 days. But it will be missing from your balance for those days.

Usually with a non-prepaid credit card, the same thing would happen, but the reversal would happen before they send out your statement, so you'd never have been any the wiser. But with revolut, you're seeing the charges immediately, and it can be a bit of a fright until you get used to it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

I got a physical card a couple of years back. Would this card be any better? Or would it be the same?

cronos wrote: »
    I got a physical card a couple of years back. Would this card be any better? Or would it be the same?

The exact same except this card has wireless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

I uploaded my information for verification but after a week it was still in progress.
    I contacted them via chat last night and they put it through straight-away.

Just in case anyone else is having the same issue, chat is the way to go.

Looking forward to trying the card out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Masala

So- is the ONLY way to put funds onto this card is by transfer from a bank account???

No pre-loading it thru Retail Outlets like 3Money, etc??

Masala wrote: »
    So- is the ONLY way to put funds onto this card is by transfer from a bank account???

No pre-loading it thru Retail Outlets like 3Money, etc??

https://www.revolut.com/ie/faq#can-a-friend-make-a-transfer-to-my-revolut-account

There's at least 5 methods. Bank transfer, credit/debit card, inter-Revolut transfer, Apple Pay, Android Pay.

gripcasey wrote: »

In some ATMs card didnt work, not many. There can be a charge for using ATM in the states so I try and limit my use of ATMs .

Arrived this morning in New York and my card isn't being accepted anywhere. Tried a restaurant, chemist and coffee shop. I've contacted support but the wait time seems to be 24 hours

gripcasey wrote: »

Arrived this morning in New York and my card isn't being accepted anywhere. Tried a restaurant, chemist and coffee shop. I've contacted support but the wait time seems to be 24 hours for a reply

Arrived this morning in New York and my card isn't being accepted anywhere. Tried a restaurant, chemist and coffee shop. I've contacted support but the wait time seems to be 24 hours for a reply

You won't get support until Monday probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭ongarite

Arrived this morning in New York and my card isn't being accepted anywhere. Tried a restaurant, chemist and coffee shop. I've contacted support but the wait time seems to be 24 hours

https://twitter.com/RevolutApp/status/926479104970457094

Looks like their 3rd party processing is down again.

Thanks! Nightmare they are!

I am back from New York a week or two and everything worked fine thankfully when I was there.

I just seen the post where there is a issue. Not good if it was your only means of paying for an item.

• Advertisement

Try turning location security off if it's on, it's a bollox at the best of times and worse if you're abroad and not using data roaming.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement