Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Revolut physical card (normally €6)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭Nollog

I had revolut running on Andy a year ago, maybe it still works.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

theShire wrote: »
    To do anything she seems to have to verify identity, which is a balls cos they only accept Irish passports and hers is out of date!

For anyone who hasn't the right documents to verify - my wife was able to user her Irish drivers licence this evening. Just had to contact support in the app

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I had to delete the card. Do I have to wait a couple of days to order a new one? Will it be a new number?

Edit: Just went through the process so can answer my own question. New number, still free even though it's the 2nd one I ordered in a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

Anybody else having issues with paypal and the new card? It wont leave me pay for things in sterling with the card and only option is to use there conversion rate which is a rob!

Anybody else having issues with paypal and the new card? It wont leave me pay for things in sterling with the card and only option is to use there conversion rate which is a rob!

Did you add your card as a sterling card?

• Advertisement

I didn't see an option for that where can I set it to sterling card?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Follow this and that will allow you pay for things in sterling

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Follow this and that will allow you pay for things in sterling

Top man thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Top man thank you.

Which option do you select?

Use PayPal's conversion process to complete my transaction using my card's currency.
    Both the original transaction currency and the converted amount that I will be charged are disclosed for my convenience. I understand that MasterCard and Visa have a currency conversion process. I have chosen not to use the MasterCard and Visa currency conversion process, and I will have no recourse against MasterCard and Visa with respect to any matter related to this conversion.

Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice.
    I will not know which foreign exchange rate has been applied to this transaction until I receive my card statement from my card issuer. I acknowledge that by choosing this option, my card issuer will determine the foreign exchange rate to apply to this transaction, and that I will not be informed of the foreign exchange rate or any additional foreign exchange fees applied until I am billed by my card issuer.

Select an option above, then click Submit to complete the currency conversion process.

The second option, “bill me in the currency listed on the sellers invoice”

• Advertisement

The second option, “bill me in the currency listed on the sellers invoice”

Top man.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Patww79 wrote: »
    Is that to make sure the Revolut is in Sterling? I can't even see the first step 'Profile' on either the website or the app.
    That's paypal. Revolut will be in whatever currency the transaction is made in.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭__..__

Is the premium worth it for the medical insurance.

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Yes it is, on the main Paypal website, click on you name over in the top right had corner I think it is and you be able to follow the headings from there then.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭SOPHIE THE DOG

fjon wrote: »
    I'm not sure if other people have gotten this email also:

"Great news, we’re officially launching a Revolut office in Ireland, and to celebrate we’re offering our mighty Irish users their first card for free!
    You and your friends and family can order a free card today and save €6. Act now, we’re offering 10,000 cards on a first-come, first-serve basis. Head to the Cards section in the app to order yours now."

Note: in order to do you you may need to delete your existing card and order a new physical one. Your balance isn't affected.

Are there any free cards left?

I’m sure there are after the first week of the email there was just 1500 of the 10,000 availed of.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

Are there any free cards left?

If you scroll down towards the bottom on their webpage you'll see the number of free cards left*.

https://www.revolut.com/ie/#count

*7000 at time of posting

I’m sure there are after the first week of the email there was just 1500 of the 10,000 availed of.

I ordered and was told that a free physical card was on its way to me.
    Great.
    I have just joined Revolut and I had not requested a virtual card.
    I requested a virtual card (just after ordering the physical card) and was told there would be a €6 charge.
    I didn't go through with the order.

Any suggestions on how to get over this hurdle?
    I saw some mention in earlier posts of people who had a virtual card deleting that and then ordering a free physical card successsfully.
    I don't really want to delete the free physical card.

If this is already answered in an earlier post I apologise for asking again.
    I'm finding all this a bit hard to follow.

I ordered and was told that a free physical card was on its way to me.
    Great.
    I have just joined Revolut and I had not requested a virtual card.
    I requested a virtual card (just after ordering the physical card) and was told there would be a €6 charge.
    I didn't go through with the order.

Any suggestions on how to get over this hurdle?
    I saw some mention in earlier posts of people who had a virtual card deleting that and then ordering a free physical card successsfully.
    I don't really want to delete the free physical card.

If this is already answered in an earlier post I apologise for asking again.
    I'm finding all this a bit hard to follow.

Now that I think about it a little more - I don't need a virtual card if I have a physical card - if I am paying on-line for something I just use the card details that are on the physical card.

• Advertisement

fran426ft wrote: »
    If you scroll down towards the bottom on their webpage you'll see the number of free cards left*.

https://www.revolut.com/ie/#count

*7000 at time of posting

Thanks, I see that now.
    6,999 left now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Now that I think about it a little more - I don't need a virtual card if I have a physical card - if I am paying on-line for something I just use the card details that are on the physical card.

Your virtual card and physical card should be the same thing. The physical card is basically a fancy print out of the virtual one. If you go into "Cards" on the app, is there an entry there?

xckjoo wrote: »
    Your virtual card and physical card should be the same thing. The physical card is basically a fancy print out of the virtual one. If you go into "Cards" on the app, is there an entry there?

Yes - I see it there.
    Thanks for your help.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Once you order a physical card, it should also appear in the app as a virtual card. If you don't see a virtual card in the app, log out and log in again.

Quackster wrote: »
    Once you order a physical card, it should also appear in the app as a virtual card. If you don't see a virtual card in the app, log out and log in again.

Thank you.
    I have now managed to work out what's what.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    Don't forget you can add credit using NFC. After seeing this thread I decided to sign up, downloaded the app (Android) and applied for a physical card, had to add Eur10 so used NFC and placed my phone onto my PTSB Visa Debit card, cash transferred after a few seconds. Just waiting on the card to arrive in the post now ;)

Also thanks OP for the heads up, this will come in handy for my annual Black Friday shopping :)

I can't get this to work, when i bring my PTSB debit card to my phone, my leap card app opens up. I have topped up my leap card on my phone before.

I can't get this to work, when i bring my PTSB debit card to my phone, my leap card app opens up. I have topped up my leap card on my phone before.

Your Leap app is set to open when you put your card to it. It used to happen to me. You can turn this off somewhere. Either in the Leap app or the settings for NFC. I can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Have you tapped the contactless symbol when adding a card and waited for the second screen before trying?

156r7kj.png
    nc1rer.png

I presume the debit card has to have a contactless symbol to use the NFC with one's phone?

• Advertisement

seligehgit wrote: »
    I presume the debit card has to have a contactless symbol to use the NFC with one's phone?

Of course.

It's just passing the card details to the app. Can also use the camera on the phone to grab the details off the front of the card .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement