Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social media influencers bragging ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

dizzyn wrote: »
    Take it easy, the conversation was about Rosie and it fits in quite well. I've no interest in making a reddit account. It seems to be heading in the same direction as the facebook groups, but in the polar opposite way, where if you disagree about a blogger being bashed you'll get slated.

Then perhaps don't bring it to a totally different platform. It doesn't fit in here at all and discussing what people on Reddit says should be considered off topic.
    If you don't want to join and discuss your points with the people who said it then why say it behind their backs?

I disagree with you completely because when MUF was acting the victim and everyone was feeling sorry for her here and on Reddit and slating her ex I disagreed and had a few discussions about it... But like adults we moved on afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Cria wrote: »
    Nothing said in any thread is nastier than someone who causes a father to be separated from his child nothing nastier could be said about a man who deserts his own flesh and blood

It's the father's responsibilty, she didn't "cause" this, he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

GingerLily wrote: »
    It's the father's responsibilty, she didn't "cause" this, he did.

Her actions caused the reactions she stopped him bringing his son to their house she initiated it and he allowed her to make that decision.. she had no business stopping him and he should of put his child first ... he is allowing it to continue and by supporting him she’s just as bad

Her actions caused the reactions she stopped him bringing his son to their house she initiated it and he allowed her to make that decision.. she had no business stopping him and he should of put his child first ... he is allowing it to continue and by supporting him she’s just as bad

You don't actually know what happened, maybe Paul wasn't actually looking after his own son and Rosie couldn't handle the two kids at once, but he just blamed her - sure it's not her job to look after his child.

Maybe Rosie is a terrible person who has forbidden Paul's son for entering the house for no good reason other than jealousy - or maybe Paul is just lazy. The latter seems more likely to me seeing as he could easily visit his son IF he wanted to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

You don't actually know what happened, maybe Paul wasn't actually looking after his own son and Rosie couldn't handle the two kids at once, but he just blamed her - sure it's not her job to look after his child.

Maybe Rosie is a terrible person who has forbidden Paul's son for entering the house for no good reason other than jealousy - or maybe Paul is just lazy. The latter seems more likely to me seeing as he could easily visit his son IF he wanted to.

I agree with this. Rosie seems to be getting a lot of the blame here. Even if she didn't want him in the house (which is completely unreasonable IMO) there are other ways for Paul to see his son. Bring him to the cinema, playground, for food, or maybe even tell Rosie it is his house too! I think he is taking the easy way out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Yes, much like in the case of an affair, the fault lies with the person who broke the promises and vows.
    Not saying this situation isn't absolutely gross from what it appears has happened but really, the fault in my opinion lies with him. She's not holding him hostage so he doesn't see his child. It's his decision and responsibility ultimately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I can't believe the level of vitriol for Rosie on Reddit. Absolutely nobody apart from, what?, 6 people max know what has been going on. It's actually a bit bonkers to get so worked up about a relationship between individuals one has never met.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

I can't believe the level of vitriol for Rosie on Reddit. Absolutely nobody apart from, what?, 6 people max know what has been going on. It's actually a bit bonkers to get so worked up about a relationship between individuals one has never met.

Seriously, people need to stop bringing things from Reddit to here. If you have something to say about what’s being posted there, say it.

Comes across as passive aggressive to post it here instead of replying to the posts you have a problem with. Not saying that’s your intention but it’s how it comes across.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Why don't you raise those concerns over on reddit then? If you don't want to join in on the discussion over there that's your prerogative but complaining here just makes things messy and is sneaky.
    Quoting @notjustsweet for truth:
    Then perhaps don't bring it to a totally different platform. It doesn't fit in here at all and discussing what people on Reddit says should be considered off topic.
    If you don't want to join and discuss your points with the people who said it then why say it behind their backs?

According to a family member she refused he brought the child near the house to start with .he was supposed to take his son overnight and if Rosie couldn’t handle two kids at once don’t get into a relationship with a man who has a child .. I followed her from
    The start I watched the uncomfortable snaps of her slating Paul’s child for keeping Harry awake at night and how her abd harry were exhausted this information she shared with her followers I can only imagine what was said off camera ... Paul is 100% to blame for not having a relationship with his own son there is no excuse not to see your child ... she is supporting this behavior therefore she has a huge part in what’s going on ,, also if she didn’t put up quotes of what an amazing father he is ( your not an amazing father because you do everything for one of your kids as a matter of fact that makes you a lousy father ) then people wouldn’t be commenting ,, also she has put up so many insensitive snaps to belittle the child so she is 100% responsible for ensuring the rift gets bigger and lasts longer by publicly dismissing the child and his mother ... they are both as vile as each other

• Advertisement

And just to clarify, I'm not for a minute suggesting that people should stay quiet and not question posts they feel may have over stepped the mark. Reddit is self moderated and uncensored. Anyone who has a problem with anything being said over there is more than welcome to join in on the discussion and dispute the comments they feel are "vitriol" or whatever.
    I have no problem with anyone taking issue with anything that's been said over there. But raise your issues on the relevant forum. This is not the relevant forum.

I agree with this. Rosie seems to be getting a lot of the blame here. Even if she didn't want him in the house (which is completely unreasonable IMO) there are other ways for Paul to see his son. Bring him to the cinema, playground, for food, or maybe even tell Rosie it is his house too! I think he is taking the easy way out.

As much as I agree with this I find it bizarre that people think Paul should just see him elsewhere if she doesn’t want his child a tiny human being in their home he needs to dump her if she doesn’t treat his son with the respect he deserves he should tell her he doesn’t want someone who doesn’t accept his child in his life .. he should put his child above anyone else ..
    he is taking the cruel lazy way out but she needs to take responsibility for her part in this issue and supporting this behavior she deserves as much **** as he gets ,,, I have split up with boyfriends in the past before I even had my own kids because they put themselves above there kids ,, if someone does not puts there kids above everyone and anything then they can never be completely loyal to someone else .. his character is someone who hurts his own child and she not only stays with him she praises his skills as a father because he acknowledges her child ,, that is beyond f***ed up to me

According to a family member she refused he brought the child near the house to start with .he was supposed to take his son overnight and if Rosie couldn’t handle two kids at once don’t get into a relationship with a man who has a child ..

So hearsay?

Also since when did having a relationship with a man mean you agree to be his child's carer?

I don't like Rosie but by laying the blame on her your negating his responsiblity.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Nobody is laying the blame solely on her, but she is the influencer here, not Paul, so naturally enough people have gripe with her over it. Also, if we are led to believe the cousins story, she is behind it all. Look, I don't always agree with everything that's said on this site or others- but people shouldn't have to police what they want to say. It's all out there anyway for public consumption.

It's also Rosie doing all the lying and moaning about him. Rosie tried her damned hardest to keep this under the carpet. Now it's out there and they deserve to be shamed, the pair of them. That's my opinion and I'll talk about it if I want to since it's public info, and won't be told otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Well in fairness to Cria, Rosie did an interview earlier this year where she said they had a great relationship with his son. Stephanie then said that wasn't true and he hadn't seen him since February. Rosie never commented on that.
    I do recall when I briefly followed Rosie, her saying that Paul's son had kept them awake, in a very moany tone. I thought it was a bit odd and not that well advised on such a public forum. I didn't know any background to it but having a family member in a situation where her partner has a child from a previous relationship, I know it's a really bad idea to make any sort of negative comments like that when it's not your own child. Plus he's a toddler, sometimes they have bad nights, I'm sure they've had plenty with their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Paul needs to grow some balls and take ownership of this issue and not let everyone put the blame soley on Rosie.

However, if Rosie is, in fact, pulling the strings here he needs to tell her to fk off. If it's his choice then he's a scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Lead

I just cant get the hang of reddit at all :(

So hearsay?

Also since when did having a relationship with a man mean you agree to be his child's carer?

I don't like Rosie but by laying the blame on her your negating his responsiblity.

I’d actually call a family member accurate not dismiss someone in there position as hearsay,, from the minute you fall in love with that man and have a child with them you take there child on as one of your own out of love for that man ..is letting a child stay in the home you both pay for being a carer I don’t know about you but in my family there are several
    Partners separated not only have the new partners taken the kids on but so have Their parents my mother is a step granny I’m a step auntie I have children in my family who have the same situation and they are all
    Treated the same at xmas ,, I actually don’t know anyone who would treat their partners child the way them
    Pair are ,, maybe you do know people like that and this treatment seems normal to you,,, I am just always for the child in any circumstances

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Fair enough: I can't believe people in this forum are so obsessed with what's going on in the homes of two women they've never met. All on the basis of what a cousin? A hairdresser? has said.

Fair enough: I can't believe people in this forum are so obsessed with what's going on in the homes of two women they've never met. All on the basis of what a cousin? A hairdresser? has said.

It's topical at the minute. Hardly an obsession. It doesn't interest you, grand. No need to keep taking digs at posters who are interested in discussing something that involves two bloggers in a dedicated blogger forum.

• Advertisement

I can't believe your obsessing over the fact that we're talking about it when you obviously have no interest.
    I don't understand why you are continuing to post here, in the social media and blogging forum, complaining about people talking about bloggers?
    This is a discussion forum, that's the whole point of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

The fact that Stephanie's partner is who this kid called daddy then its safe to say Paul has nothing to do with him. This kid seems perfectly happy (and really cute) so doesn't need Paul or Rosie in his life. Rosie and Paul are the ones that look bad here and they will regret it down the line, especially when their little guy grows up and asks questions.

Exactly. Although nothing can replace the biological bond, Paul has turned his back on his son and rebuffed him- but Reuben has an excellent father in Stephanie's partner. I can't imagine anything more soul destroying for a man, having another man be called dad by your child. Paul seems to want to erase that part from his life completely. He goes on as if Harry is his only son. He is a disgrace. He isn't a man, he's nothing but a coward who turned his back on his son, with a side order of threatening women who disagree with anything his wife says.
    Scumbag.

I am just always for the child in any circumstances

The best thing for the child would be a more privacy and less people discussing his personal life on discussion forums.

A girlfriend of a family member made it clear to him that she didn't want the his child in the picture, so they broke up, it was sad because he thought he loved her - until she did that.

I'm not trying to sensor you, I just think this thread is too one sided and is turning into an echo chamber of slagging bloggers, I think it would be a good idea to raise the tone of the conversation, obviously not everyone here wants that.

I can’t believe people make assumptions like obsessed but sure if we all had the same opinion the world would be boring

The best thing for the child would be a more privacy and less people discussing his personal life on discussion forums.

A girlfriend of a family member made the clear to him that she didn't want the his child in the picture, so they broke up, it was sad because he thought he loves her - until she did that.

I'm not trying to sensor you, I just think this thread is too one sided and is turning into an echo chamber of slagging bloggers, I think it would be a good idea to raise the tone of the conversation, obviously not everyone here wants that.

You may think your raising the tone of a conversation I think you are dismissing that a blogger is publicly slating a child and his mother and I’m giving my opinion of her being called out , that’s what where forums are for if you don’t like the tone don’t read it ,, if you want to give your opinion and someone disagrees then that’s fine too ,,

A girlfriend of a family member made the clear to him that she didn't want the his child in the picture, so they broke up, it was sad because he thought he loves her - until she did that.

You're not a mod. We can discuss what we want until officially told otherwise. It's not your job to dictate the tone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

As much as I agree with this I find it bizarre that people think Paul should just see him elsewhere if she doesn’t want his child a tiny human being in their home he needs to dump her if she doesn’t treat his son with the respect he deserves he should tell her he doesn’t want someone who doesn’t accept his child in his life .. he should put his child above anyone else ..
    he is taking the cruel lazy way out but she needs to take responsibility for her part in this issue and supporting this behavior she deserves as much **** as he gets ,,, I have split up with boyfriends in the past before I even had my own kids because they put themselves above there kids ,, if someone does not puts there kids above everyone and anything then they can never be completely loyal to someone else .. his character is someone who hurts his own child and she not only stays with him she praises his skills as a father because he acknowledges her child ,, that is beyond f***ed up to me

Yeah I don’t think he should have to take his son elsewhere to see him, I just think that for whatever reason he needs to stay with Rosie , that it’s syill his responsibility. I definitely don’t think it’s right though!

Yeah that’s a good point you said to someone else that we would obviously be discussing her more. Even though I don’t have kids myself, I just have a burning hatred of fathers (and mothers) who can just abandoned their kids and not think about how it will affect them through their lives. I think it clouds my judgement a bit. All your child wants is some time and attention.

anna080 wrote: »
    You're not a mod. We can discuss what we want until officially told otherwise. It's not your job to dictate the tone.

I'm allowed discuss on this thread just the same as you - it's you who trying to mod people here not me.

I'm just balancing the debate because it feels too unbalanced, that's hardly a bad thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

What has her being a hairdresser got to do with anything? Are their voices/opinions not valid?

Advertisement