Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social media influencers bragging ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

GingerLily wrote: »
    I'm allowed discuss on this thread just the same as you - it's you who trying to mod people here not me.

I'm just balancing the debate because it feels too unbalanced, that's hardly a bad thing.

Eh no I'm not?
    This forum is censored and strangled enough without its own active forum members trying to further suffocate the discussion or police the tone. If you have a problem with anything said then report the posts and the mods will deal with them if needs be.
    We're way off topic now so that's all I'm saying on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Can we please have some Mod clarification on this?
    I feel that complaining about whats being said on reddit here on boards is inflammatory at the very least.
    I think it comes across as if its sh*t stirring and all it does is derail threads here.
    I think if anyone has any issues with the reddit they are more than welcome to voice it over there, or maybe even on the dedicated Reddit thread on this forum if they really feel it must be heard on this platform.
    But making sly digs in the middle of threads like this serves no purpose only to sh*t stir. If a mod could clarify the position on this I'd appreciate it? Because it isn't really covered in the charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    I feel that complaining about whats being said on reddit here on boards is inflammatory at the very least.
    I think it comes across as if its sh*t stirring and all it does is derail threads here.
    I think if anyone has any issues with the reddit they are more than welcome to voice it over there, or maybe even on the dedicated Reddit thread on this forum if they really feel it must be heard on this platform.
    But making sly digs in the middle of threads like this serves no purpose only to sh*t stir. If a mod could clarify the position on this I'd appreciate it? Because it isn't really covered in the charter.

I agree. It is ridiculous, if people are able to lurk over there, they are able to make an account and comment. People are throwing around statements like you can't have a different opinion over there and that's why they won't comment. Not true, I have often disagreed with people and not been slated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

WhiteRoses wrote: »

Yes I agree that mods need to clarify if it's on topic.

Is reddit relevant to social media influencers bragging?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

This is totally nitpicking, but since Muf’s Fairy Wands have been 80 for a good while, is she allowed to say it’s 90 down to 60.
    I though they had to be at a previous price for 28 consecutive days before changing it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

mod

This isn't aimed at anyone in particular, I just want to guide the discussion back:

Please get back on topic. This thread is about bragging. Bragging about hauls, events, designer gear, holidays, whatever. If bloggers/influencers are bragging openly, discuss away.

Calm down and stop bickering at each other. Healthy debate is always welcome - nit-picking and aggressiveness is not. Attack the post, not the poster. Report posts if you have an issue.

As always, mean posts about bloggers' appearances are not in the spirit of the forum, so avoid doing so.

I'll speak to the other mods about Reddit being discussed in these threads - in the meantime please use the dedicated Reddit thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

This is totally nitpicking, but since Muf’s Fairy Wands have been 80 for a good while, is she allowed to say it’s 90 down to 60.
    I though they had to be at a previous price for 28 consecutive days before changing it.

As always with her, nothing would surprise me. I never exactly think openess or transparency when I think of her

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

Yeah I don’t think he should have to take his son elsewhere to see him, I just think that for whatever reason he needs to stay with Rosie , that it’s syill his responsibility. I definitely don’t think it’s right though!

Yeah that’s a good point you said to someone else that we would obviously be discussing her more. Even though I don’t have kids myself, I just have a burning hatred of fathers (and mothers) who can just abandoned their kids and not think about how it will affect them through their lives. I think it clouds my judgement a bit. All your child wants is some time and attention.

He definitely should not be finding alternative places to take his child if he had a slither of a backbone he would have told her there and then back in February when she so disgustingly told him she didn’t want his child in their home he has as much right to be in that home as harry it’s sickening that he felt harry has a right to be there but Reuben has no rights . If your own parent won’t stand up for you who will,,,,
    Whatever reason he stayed with Rosie for after that day I’ll never understand if someone doesn’t accept your child they don’t accept you and it’s time for once in your life to say my child is the most important thing in my life he is no less than my other son and I won’t stay with someone who expects me to hurt him ....
    He is setting up that human being with baggage at four years old to carry for the rest of his life ,, he has given him future insecurities and doubts about himself as to why his father stopped seeing him or didn’t stand up for him he has given him future thoughts as to why he’s not good enough or not as good as his brother .. on top of losing his twin he lost his father ... Paul as a man has single handedly Given his son a whole set of future self doubts due to his lack of backbone or compassion for his own son and Rosie is not only supporting him she is praising him ,, well done the pair of them for setting Reuben into adulthood with these issues and leaving his mother to try and pick up the pieces

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Cria wrote: »
    He definitely should not be finding alternative places to take his child if he had a slither of a backbone he would have told her there and then back in February when she so disgustingly told him she didn’t want his child in their home he has as much right to be in that home as harry it’s sickening that he felt harry has a right to be there but Reuben has no rights . If your own parent won’t stand up for you who will
    Now obviously I don't know the ins and outs of their relationships. But I remember when I seen Stephanie's truzee takeover earlier in the year, I didn't know who she was. She spoke about been pregnant with twins at a young age and the first year. I remember she seemed to be in and out of hospital with them, both together or one at a time and thinking how difficult it must be to manage sick newborn twins. But it did jump out at me at the time that she said how much a help her family were but she never mentioned her partner being a help. So reading between the lines now (which I'll admit maybe isn't fair and a bit presumptuous of me), he maybe wasn't much involved from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Now obviously I don't know the ins and outs of their relationships. But I remember when I seen Stephanie's truzee takeover earlier in the year, I didn't know who she was. She spoke about been pregnant with twins at a young age and the first year. I remember she seemed to be in and out of hospital with them, both together or one at a time and thinking how difficult it must be to manage sick newborn twins. But it did jump out at me at the time that she said how much a help her family were but she never mentioned her partner being a help. So reading between the lines now (which I'll admit maybe isn't fair and a bit presumptuous of me), he maybe wasn't much involved from the start.

Yeah I think she said in an interview recently that they split up a few months after the twins were born? So seems like he wasn’t that involved from early on.

Although in fairness losing a child is a horrific thing to go through and it does pull many couples apart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

Sunny Dayz wrote: »

Maybe he wasn’t involved at the start he seems to have made no progress since .. most people who suffer a trauma like that realise what’s important in life it puts everything into perspective unfortunately it looks like it has made his even more selfish,, he obviously does not want to be part of healing and helping his son from the grief which more than likely will start affecting him
    As he gets older .. I only hope rosie and Paul’s actions don’t affect Reuben too deeply as he grows older ,, for a parent to walk away from a child can cause serious consequences I know I wouldn’t like to be the person that purposely causes that ..

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

About time!! That should wipe the smug of Ciara's face! Does that mean we can talk about it here now? The fact Ciara O Doherty is selling stuff from China that she claimed was bespoke and then issued boards a legal letter cos we outed her?
    Had to laugh at Ciara "losing her voice". What a gowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Soooo satisfying. I hope it's picked up across all media platforms. Absolute cheek of them.

Daily Mail have picked up on it too. Poor Ciara must be busy all morning with the cease and desist letters.
    Have a lemsip hun.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭princess3901

Just came on here to post the same link, it’s great to see national papers getting involved and calling these influencers out.
    Just whilst we’re on the subject they are not the only ones marking up products from China, Betty and Biddy, The Accessory Fairy and Stylish Sparkles do it. Now they don’t mark up to the same extreme as the two mentioned I’m yhe article. Obviously they’re is more than those but only ones I could think off

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

I took the opportunity to unfollow Jennifer Wrynne today across all platforms. I really liked her but that whole ripping off members of the public has really left a sour taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

toodleytoo wrote: »
    I took the opportunity to unfollow Jennifer Wrynne today across all platforms. I really liked her but that whole ripping off members of the public has really left a sour taste.

I liked her until I discovered she was robbing people and when she went on the elephant trek in thailand and deleted and blocked people when they pointed out how cruel it was I was done with her. Horrible girl

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Is Sue looking for a free holiday with all her bucket list posts on FB of holiday destinations and 'has anyone been here' stuff, or is it her usual stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

pc7 wrote: »
    Is Sue looking for a free holiday with all her bucket list posts on FB of holiday destinations and 'has anyone been here' stuff, or is it her usual stuff?

I think she has a 'team' looking after her social media. So it's probably them posting all that.

...But she might also be looking for a holiday :D

• Advertisement

I think her wedding video looked great, the dress was still gross though.
    But ffs, you de parfyum. Get it right or don’t say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

I think her wedding video looked great, the dress was still gross though. But ffs, you de parfyum. Get it right or don’t say it.

Talking to someone who got their dress recently in McElhinneys and apparently the dress didn't look like that when it left the shop! She got the deep V put into it among other things!
    The girl I was talking to got the impression that the girls up there are mortified cos they didn't like what she did to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

That's probably what she meant when she said she "designed it"

LOL at SoSueMe with their PRIVATE BOX and the Gucci bag on show so people will know they have money. Then orders a side of chips with pasta and yer man is bored out of his tree with everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

It was the poor chaps birthday and he seemed to hate every minute of it! Would she not organise something he would like to do. Definitely for show, I don't see Sue as an opera type of girl tbh. She's never mentioned it before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Cria wrote: »
    He definitely should not be finding alternative places to take his child if he had a slither of a backbone he would have told her there and then back in February when she so disgustingly told him she didn’t want his child in their home he has as much right to be in that home as harry it’s sickening that he felt harry has a right to be there but Reuben has no rights . If your own parent won’t stand up for you who will,,,,
    Whatever reason he stayed with Rosie for after that day I’ll never understand if someone doesn’t accept your child they don’t accept you and it’s time for once in your life to say my child is the most important thing in my life he is no less than my other son and I won’t stay with someone who expects me to hurt him ....
    He is setting up that human being with baggage at four years old to carry for the rest of his life ,, he has given him future insecurities and doubts about himself as to why his father stopped seeing him or didn’t stand up for him he has given him future thoughts as to why he’s not good enough or not as good as his brother .. on top of losing his twin he lost his father ... Paul as a man has single handedly Given his son a whole set of future self doubts due to his lack of backbone or compassion for his own son and Rosie is not only supporting him she is praising him ,, well done the pair of them for setting Reuben into adulthood with these issues and leaving his mother to try and pick up the pieces

It doesn't get much lower than this.

• Advertisement

I was half expecting her to pronounce the t in ballet.

Advertisement