Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social media influencers bragging ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Ballet for his birthday 😂😂😂
    She really does have his balls in her Gucci handbag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

In fairness, I think the post she did hint he was bored off his bollox with her inflection. Looked a nice spot though.

Wouldn't be into ballet myself but would go for the experience

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Potatocup

Does anyone follow lovelauren? Putting a post up on instragram yesterday saying she has been in 21 trips this year!! Screams of bragging!!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

If you ask me Reuben is set up very nicely as he is with two loving parents it really doesn't matter what his biological father does. That's Pauls problem.

As true as that is it will be Reuben’s problem as he gets older and Paul and Rosie are responsible for any feelings he has as he gets older

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Potatocup wrote: »
    Does anyone follow lovelauren? Putting a post up on instragram yesterday saying she has been in 21 trips this year!! Screams of bragging!!
    Followed her briefly. Not a fan of her. She’s a “full time” blogger, don’t think she has a real job. she must get some amount of sponsorship and ad income to be able to travel and have coffe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Followed her briefly. Not a fan of her. She’s a “full time” blogger, don’t think she has a real job. she must get some amount of sponsorship and ad income to be able to travel and have coffe.

Her family are extremely well off and own several supermarkets in Cork and Dublin. I presume she does some sort of marketing/social media work for them to supplement her income. Her boyfriend has an excellent job as well, as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Potatocup wrote: »

Used to like her. She now wrecks my head with her constant touching her hair in her snaps and then tapping her big chunky false nails (since when did fake nails have to become so big and thick?!) on all products she reviews! Her obsession with plastic trousers and chunky jumpers wrecks my head too!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Assassin saphir

So Sue is completely out of touch with ordinary joe soaps who don't have the cash to have her lifestyle. Sick of her constant bragging, photos of luxury car, house, bags and the wedding. The constant release of products that aren't great quality(I bought an early one) and the ridiculous prices. The goals post are the most head wrecking of all...holiday goals, bag goals blah blah blah. Hint hint send me free stuff to plug. Unfollowing her on SC & FB can't take anymore. She really doesn't seem to get how privileged her life is and that some people out there can barely afford Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lougarden

The #goals that these are posting are not proper goals and not the goals, sorry #goals that their parents would have instilled for them to aspire to. It's warped and they are horrendous influencers to youth that promote android like behavior and mean girl attitude.

Also I think that when people are in their 30's..stop trying to influence teens, tweens and twenty somethings (using #influencer and the Loikes)..skin crawl! Move on and grow up (but Goss ie wouldn't make them an 'entrepreneur' otherwise). Sorry but these are ridiculous circles..self promoting and removing any original feedback!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Babyspice13

I feel the same about Pippa.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I’m not a So Sue fan, but I think she was clever to bring out 3 different brush sets rather than one big one like MUF and try to charge people 90. I find it odd that she doesnt put any fanfare into it, like there’s been no mention of the brushes on sc, and the quick release of products one after the other is weird.
    It seems like her #goalz are to have x amount of products with her name on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I think she knows other people are working on stuff, Lisa Jordan, Rosie, MUF, Aimee Connolly etc have all released beauty items recently and I think she wants to make sure she's "first" for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I think it's obvious when Sue is about to release something. It's usually about 2-3 weeks after a visit to China.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Assassin saphir

Lougarden wrote:
    The #goals that these are posting are not proper goals and not the goals, sorry #goals that their parents would have instilled for them to aspire to. It's warped and they are horrendous influencers to youth that promote android like behavior and mean girl attitude.

Lougarden wrote:
    Also I think that when people are in their 30's..stop trying to influence teens, tweens and twenty somethings (using #influencer and the Loikes)..skin crawl! Move on and grow up (but Goss ie wouldn't make them an 'entrepreneur' otherwise). Sorry but these are ridiculous circles..self promoting and removing any original feedback!

Fully agree. Her #goals #bucketlist are not real life goals. Young women should have goals to go to college, pursue an interest they love or build a career. Yes So Sue has built a successful career/brand but to 99.9% of people this is unattainable. Most people do not make money from plugging product/holidays/lifestyle and I feel for younger girls that get sucked into this pretend world where goals are seen as having a designer wardrobe, a Range Rover and travelling 1st class. I am in my 30s and work full time as does my husband and we don't have this. Its easy to believe that all these things make you happy. I started down this route buy buying outrageous amounts of clothes, bags and make up. Once I got them home the thrill was gone. They are just things that are not the important things in life. It is easy to compare yourself to these influencers which is why I would hate to be growing up now. Role models now seem to be influencers who have a perfect life,supermodels, fitness models or those that resort to posing nude to gain likes. I only make one exception to this and that is the beautiful truth. I love her blunt honesty, the fact that has a job and goes to work, that she has a messy house sometimes and her life is somewhat normal.

When Sue puts up holiday goals or dream destinations on social media - it's a blatant hint that she wants some travel company, airline etc to send her there for a free or sponsored trip. I remember someone saying that Sue had put up a few #dreams posts about NYC recently - wait to see how long it will be til she goes there...

Fully agree. Her #goals #bucketlist are not real life goals. Young women should have goals to go to college, pursue an interest they love or build a career. Yes So Sue has built a successful career/brand but to 99.9% of people this is unattainable. Most people do not make money from plugging product/holidays/lifestyle and I feel for younger girls that get sucked into this pretend world where goals are seen as having a designer wardrobe, a Range Rover and travelling 1st class. I am in my 30s and work full time as does my husband and we don't have this. Its easy to believe that all these things make you happy. I started down this route buy buying outrageous amounts of clothes, bags and make up. Once I got them home the thrill was gone. They are just things that are not the important things in life. It is easy to compare yourself to these influencers which is why I would hate to be growing up now. Role models now seem to be influencers who have a perfect life,supermodels, fitness models or those that resort to posing nude to gain likes. I only make one exception to this and that is the beautiful truth. I love her blunt honesty, the fact that has a job and goes to work, that she has a messy house sometimes and her life is somewhat normal.
    I agree with a lot of what you are saying. Goals are something you should have to work towards, they should be challenging, testing, a learning curve and experience. An achievement when you reach them, goal posts can to adjusted, or if you don't make your goal, you learn from it.

I'm not saying that Sue doesn't work hard, but she just shows the fab life she has, the fancy house, the car, the designer shoes and bags, jetting off on holidays every month - I've never heard of her showing the behind the scenes, the hard work, late nights, tight deadlines, the business process etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

I love Sinead of the Beautiful Truth. She makes no secret of the fact blogging isn't her life. Shes a teacher right? I think its important teens realise blogging is more suitable as a hobby

Yes and she says regularly it's just a hobby and her job and family are her real life.

Yes and she says regularly it's just a hobby and her job and family are her real life.
    Yes and I remember her saying that she felt a bit uncomfortable doing youtube videos cause her pupils would be at the age where they would watch youtube and could see her videos.
    I also remember her saying a year or two ago that a brand had repeatedly approached her at her workplace (being a school) about trying their product or service and it seem to me that she was understandably annoyed, upset and vexed about it.

IMO she's a lady with her head screwed on.

• Advertisement

But many careers also have shelf lives: sports stars, athletes, many music acts, some actors, tv presenters etc. Some high octane careers face burnout like stockbroking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

But many careers also have shelf lives: sports stars, athletes, many music acts, some actors, tv presenters etc. Some high octane careers face burnout like stockbroking.

Exactly which is why they’re all out to make as much money as they can while the hype lasts. I want to say I don’t blame them but the attitude drives me mental! I think someone like Pippa who has built up a brand for herself will be ok once the blogger bubble bursts because she will possibly still have a brand and can branch out into other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

Plus professional athletes and sports stars are extremely hard working, you don’t get to that level without being. Not exactly the same as someone Snapchating the random crap they got in the door that day. DPD mugs are a case in point.

For the vast majority of them, blogging (tho most of them don’t actually blog so that not really the correct term) isn’t a career. At least not one with any longevity.

I’d love to know how Grace is selling her self employment to the bank when looking for a mortgage, like what is she stating as her source of regular income unless she has some kind of very long term contract with Meaghers? Other jobs seem to be one off events not a source of repeat business so to speak.

She seems to have nothing to fall back on, I know she’s a apparently an mua but we all know she only has 2 looks she can do so I’m not convinced.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Sue has described herself as a workaholic a few times. Though twice this year she said she’ll do weekly non sponsored reviews which lasted two weeks max. And Vlogmas lasted I think 3 videos and now she’s off on holiday.
    Setting #goalz and not meeting them isn’t ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Babyspice13

When Sue puts up holiday goals or dream destinations on social media - it's a blatant hint that she wants some travel company, airline etc to send her there for a free or sponsored trip. I remember someone saying that Sue had put up a few #dreams posts about NYC recently - wait to see how long it will be til she goes there...

She's packing again, but Lanzarote this time to 'have everything handed up' to them

Sue has described herself as a workaholic a few times. Though twice this year she said she’ll do weekly non sponsored reviews which lasted two weeks max. And Vlogmas lasted I think 3 videos and now she’s off on holiday.
    Setting #goalz and not meeting them isn’t ideal.
    I don’t follow her on social media but does she actually post anything on snapchat or instastories of actual work? Cos other bloggers I follow will show behind the scenes, eg setting up for a blog photo, them clicking live on a YouTube video, the length of a video to be edited, their website showing their latest post, setting up a workshop. Pippa for example often shows a new delivery in the stock room, the progress of fitting out a pop up shop, she has shown her candles being made and has explained the jeans process.
    Does Sue actually show any work on her social media?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

No! Mentions work has been busy. Hectic week. 3/4 hours to edit her Xmas blogs!!!!!! Does not snap to much lately unless it about her product, showing ‘blogger mail’, or when she is in the car while Dylan drives! Never have seen her behind the scenes, factories or anything like that! Doubt we ever will.

Advertisement