Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social media influencers bragging ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

threein99 wrote: »
    Ironically White Moose are getting great publicity over this

Paul is loving this and he always openly states that this kind of thing gets them serious publicity. He loves the drama!

I've stayed at the hotel and it's very nice. The plder rooms are probably not worth the price but that's Dublin for you. I got it on a massive discount (from booking.com) so it was worth it. The staff were very welcoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Wondering has anybody seen this. I suppose it is not really 'bragging' but she probably would be had whomever it was got the freebie..

The White Moose Café bans all bloggers from their premises.
    BDc93q8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

You could see her name on that screenshot though?

He seems a bit OTT himself. He sounds just as bad as them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Suckit wrote: »
    Wondering has anybody seen this. I suppose it is not really 'bragging' but she probably would be had whomever it was got the freebie..

The White Moose Café bans all bloggers from their premises.
    BDc93q8.png

:D:D:D the last line

• Advertisement

Vinta81 wrote: »
    You could see her name on that screenshot though?

He seems a bit OTT himself. He sounds just as bad as them.

Yeah, he does. I did not see his posts until after i posted the original, although he still has a point.

She is not looking for payment for work. She wants to go on holiday, and wants it for free, in return she would talk (brag about her free stay) about the hotel on her youtube videos.

He really has it in for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Suckit wrote: »
    Yeah, he does. I did not see his posts until after i posted the original, although he still has a point.

She is not looking for payment for work. She wants to go on holiday, and wants it for free, in return she would talk (brag about her free stay) about the hotel on her youtube videos.

I do see his point but I don't understand why he had to post it in the manner he did. I've been scrolling through his feed and he seems a bit OTT in general. I'm all for having a sense of humour but I can't imagine I'd enjoy going to his cafe/hotel and not feeling on edge least I end up on his feed.

I do see his point but I don't understand why he had to post it in the manner he did. I've been scrolling through his feed and he seems a bit OTT in general. I'm all for having a sense of humour but I can't imagine I'd enjoy going to his cafe/hotel and not feeling on edge least I end up on his feed.

Yeah, a small bit of searching suggests he has previous form for similar posts.
    I would not imagine he would bother posting about me if i went there, but i would not feel like it is somewhere i could go for a coffee/tea without getting a whole lot more (I have no idea what/where the place is other than it is an old Georgian house). Judging the few posts by him that i have read, he would not want that, he wants people to go in and buy a lot (what business doesn't?), but seems to actively mark people that don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Her whole argument, and that of people supporting her, is that is her work.
    Its a sad reflection on society that this is what a huge amount of people aspire to. Setting up a camera in your room, giving your opinion on anything and everything, build a following so you can ask for free stuff, push sales onto your followers with false reviews and become an internet star or influencer.

Ive no doubt there are genuine travel reviewers who are working, but this one and her like with their sense of entitlement is whats ruining industries. If you're given freebies, does that mean you aren't being 100% honest with your followers? You're hardly going to be honest if it's free and even if you are, if you want future freebies or collaborations and you wont want to seem like someone who gives too many negative reviews or brands won't work with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I'm not a fn of WMC at all, I don't get their "humour" although I know a lot of people think they are "great craic". However he has a point in that facebook post above. I think I read another one where he lists out the things required for a stay; te receptionist, the housekeeping staff, the electricity - that they all cost money which I thought was a fair point to make and one which many other businesses which flog freebies to bloggers should take note off.

• Advertisement

Just realised it is being mentioned the past page or two. :o

The latest post is not though.
    Reading a bit more about it, she did expose herself, and is playing the victim awfully..
    'Poor me, i am only 22, and these over 30 year olds are bullying me, everyone rally around and let's get them'

F*ck Off :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Lindy97 wrote: »
    Her whole argument, and that of people supporting her, is that is her work.
    Its a sad reflection on society that this is what a huge amount of people aspire to. Setting up a camera in your room, giving your opinion on anything and everything, build a following so you can ask for free stuff, push sales onto your followers with false reviews and become an internet star or influencer.

Ive no doubt there are genuine travel reviewers who are working, but this one and her like with their sense of entitlement is whats ruining industries. If you're given freebies, does that mean you aren't being 100% honest with your followers? You're hardly going to be honest if it's free and even if you are, if you want future freebies or collaborations and you wont want to seem like someone who gives too many negative reviews or brands won't work with you.

The bit where she said she works her arse had me baffled :confused: What exactly is hard about what she does ?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Playing the Victim is module 1 in Blogger 101
    They must do a training course on it somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I assume all these bloggers both Irish and English are all fully tax complient? Benefit in kind and all that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭washiskin

Just an observation on the latest White Moose kerfuffle, a Michelin starred restaurant in Kilkenny posted on social media about a blagging blogger late last year and they were roundly applauded for saying no. I know the WMC manager is a bit notorious for not suffering people gladly, but I find the "oooh he's so unprofessional" comments elsewhere a bit hypocritical.

Also, Universal Orlando must have been in dire circumstances before this latest mover and shaker went there :rolleyes:

washiskin wrote: »
    Just an observation on the latest White Moose kerfuffle, a Michelin starred restaurant in Kilkenny posted on social media about a blagging blogger late last year and they were roundly applauded for saying no. I know the WMC manager is a bit notorious for not suffering people gladly, but I find the "oooh he's so unprofessional" comments elsewhere a bit hypocritical.

Also, Universal Orlando must have been in dire circumstances before this latest mover and shaker went there :rolleyes:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4914380/Bloggers-cheekily-ask-meal-return-publicity.html
    http://www.dailyedge.ie/kilkenn-restaurant-blogger-3612591-Sep2017/
    http://mashable.com/2017/09/22/blogger-gets-mocked-on-twitter-by-irish-restaurant/#2IXFFePsimqi
    https://twitter.com/i/moments/911019792131350528?lang=en
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Well look at it from his viewpoint...

He runs a business and somebody books a room, stays in it and then tries to negotiate the price after the fact. Price isn't negotiable so the blogger posts a negative review, but if the room was free i'm sure she would have given a great review... Its toxic carry on from the blogger

I assume all these bloggers both Irish and English are all fully tax complient? Benefit in kind and all that?

Is there anyway to find out actually?*

*within the boundaries of the law of course

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

c.p.w.g.w wrote:
    He runs a business and somebody books a room, stays in it and then tries to negotiate the price after the fact. Price isn't negotiable so the blogger posts a negative review, but if the room was free i'm sure she would have given a great review... Its toxic carry on from the blogger

Don't you mean blackmail?

Don't you mean blackmail?

Yeah pretty much but don't think we can say that, may be considered bullying

• Advertisement

One of the funny things about the girl above, saying "They (over 30's) don't understand social media, and they are bullying me" is, reviewers have been reviewing for decades, maybe longer on all sorts of platforms and they do not ask the business that they are reviewing for a 'freebie' to write about it.
    I am very confused as to how she thinks that is how social media works. I have not watched any of her vlogs, but she must not be the sharpest, especially not to come out with that as her defence when she was not even identified..:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Lead

The comments about her on the daily mail are pretty harsh but true.

Lead wrote: »
    The comments about her on the daily mail are pretty harsh but true.

God... The comments under her Youtube video :(.
    Jordan Mcloughlin 1 day ago
    Heya boo. I’m Irish and I think any other Irish person seeing this video and my comment can honestly agree that there is so many other hotels here in Ireland that I’m sure would be honoured to have you ❤️ Ireland loves you we all just have a few bad fishes in our seas(country). Your privacy was violated and to cyber attack you is fairly immature!! Your angels love you from all around the world ❤️🌸

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭via4

With young people today they think caking themselves in really bad makeup being obsessed with themselves blogging every minute of the day is going to make them easy money & have a career.
    I’m glad I was young before social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Why in the name of god is so su me at the 50 shades premier in Paris?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Why in the name of god is so su me at the 50 shades premier in Paris?
    Wasn't she brought to the States for another one of the 50 Shades premieres?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Wasn't she brought to the States for another one of the 50 Shades premieres?

But was she really? Its not that difficult to get on the mailing list with some of the PR agencies. You start at book launches etc and then you meet other PR people and you get your name on better lists. So it wouldn't be too hard for Suzanne to be going to movie premieres.

Did she ever show her invitation on any of her Social Media platforms, or did she ever say she was invited?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

She was invited by universal Ireland. Apparently it was officially snowing in Paris, so the National Guard must have confirmed the snow.

The snapchat is laughable. The paps (actual words used) were saying turn this way and that way but she’s only a little girl from Ireland. She walked the red carpet in the official snow filming people waving at her. (Not in scene, Dylan waving at some bystanderts hoping to see Jamie Dornan to get them to wave back and seem like adoring sosu fans)

Keringe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Babyspice13

She was invited by universal Ireland. Apparently it was officially snowing in Paris, so the National Guard must have confirmed the snow.

The snapchat is laughable. The paps (actual words used) were saying turn this way and that way but she’s only a little girl from Ireland. She walked the red carpet in the official snow filming people waving at her. (Not in scene, Dylan waving at some bystanderts hoping to see Jamie Dornan to get them to wave back and seem like adoring sosu fans)

Keringe.

OMG the cringe watching it. She really has notions about herself

Advertisement