Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legit UFO caught on video?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,308 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

If the helicopter was miles away it would not even been seen. At most it half a mile away, not miles. Everyone on here is guessing what the distance is.

Says the man who kept insisting that it was only a few feet away but is now saying half a mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Says the man who kept insisting that it was only a few feet away but is now saying half a mile.

And?

And?

You're not really in any position to accuse other people of guessing. If i could be bothered doing the maths i could figure out how far away the helicopter is because we have a good idea how big a helicopter is. We have no such way to figure out how far away the other object is because we do not know how big it is.

You're not really in any position to accuse other people of guessing. If i could be bothered doing the maths i could figure out how far away the helicopter is because we have a good idea how big a helicopter is. We have no such way to figure out how far away the other object is because we do not know how big it is.

Everyone is guessing and we leave it at that. Either way the thread is not about how far the helicopter is from the object!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Everyone is guessing and we leave it at that. Either way the thread is not about how far the helicopter is from the object!

The thread is about the credibility of your arguments or the total lack there of.

• Advertisement

Discodog wrote: »
    The thread is about the credibility of your arguments or the total lack there of.

The thread was made to discuss the video i posted. It's not my video. Some People Take Things So Personally!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,362 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I love when wild conspiracy theorists visit other forums

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

[...] Some People Take Things So Personally!

What is it you're trying to say by capitalizing here? Irony, maybe? Just curious.

Academic wrote: »
    What is it you're trying to say by capitalizing here? Irony, maybe? Just curious.

Don't worry about it, have a nice day.

The thread was made to discuss the video i posted. It's not my video. Some People Take Things So Personally!
    Academic wrote: »
    Don't worry about it, have a nice day.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Commander Fl'Qrx, we have arrived in the Sol system after a journey of several thousand years. As deep galactic scans indicated, the third world is abundant in natural resources and biomass. Scans show sentient bipedal life, shall we transmit our arrival over their planetary network from the vantage of the planet's largest city.

Oh lord no Ghxbv, find a lowly populated area and hover in place for a few minutes, after scanning for only low quality recording devices.

Ah Sir, you don't want to interfere with their natural development, or you wish to remain unseen to attack in stealth?

No, they'll see us, eh kind of and we won't attack ever, just float the odd time in different suburbs over and over again. To be honest I don't know why the **** High Command gave me this assignment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

If the helicopter was miles away it would not even been seen. At most it half a mile away, not miles. Everyone on here is guessing what the distance is.

Beg to differ. I'm sure others who have experience of using choppers regularly, or are pilots, will confirm. That chopper was between 1 and 1.5 km away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭emo72

So anyway, what's the upshot? Should I be worried. I always feel I'm going to wake up some morning and there will be some ufo breaking news that is real. I'm enjoying living in this world without the hassle of dealing with aliens.

Beg to differ. I'm sure others who have experience of using choppers regularly, or are pilots, will confirm. That chopper was between 1 and 1.5 km away.

You can see helicopters miles away. In the mountains around here, like the Reeks, you can often see the rescue helicopter over other parts of the range that are a few miles away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

emo72 wrote: »
    So anyway, what's the upshot? Should I be worried. I always feel I'm going to wake up some morning and there will be some ufo breaking news that is real. I'm enjoying living in this world without the hassle of dealing with aliens.

Don't worry, Trump is in power and he doesn't even like humans, aliens don't stand a chance...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

It looks like a disguised quadcopter.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭iMac Hunt

https://youtu.be/nSFcZBaHZ44

Someone rang the local sherrifs department about it and they claim it was a car advertisement balloon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

What we are missing is the beginning and the end of the appearance. How did the object arrive to its position in the sky?

Possibly a tethered balloon?

But we could only find out by seeing what happens at the beginning or the end, like is is wound back down to earth, or is the string cut letting it drift upwards 'balloon fashion'.

... or did it accelerate @ warp speed in a certain direction within one second?

Then we'd know what it wasn't.

https://youtu.be/mb2FqNF3XRE
    Someone stabilized the footage

Apparently this is what it is, an advertising balloon for a liquid cannabis company called Brass Knuckles

• Advertisement

iMac Hunt wrote: »
    Apparently this is what it is, an advertising balloon for a liquid cannabis company called Brass Knuckles

you mean what everybody except the OP has been saying all along? I'm shocked, shocked i tell you. you can clearly see the tether in that photo.

you mean what everybody except the OP has been saying all along? I'm shocked, shocked i tell you. you can clearly see the tether in that photo.
    :D

Indeed, although to be honest there's a part of me which feels a bit sorry for the kid.

I said the most probable explanation was a balloon, but you guys ignore that.

Officials at the sheriff’s Aero Bureau said a sheriff’s helicopter often checks out potential airborne hazards that are spotted in the sky, but no information about the object was available Sunday. The crew that manned the helicopter on Monday morning was not on duty Sunday.

Local police and sheriff’s officials had no information regarding the sightings, and Federal Aviation Spokesman Allen Kenitzer said he also had no information regarding the incident, which resulted in no report by the FAA.#

Car advertisement balloon that is so high up nobody can spot and read, whats said? People are gullible is all i say on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Anyone else banging their head against the wall?

liquid cannabis company called Brass Knuckles? A car dealership hired a drug company to make a balloon for them and nobody yet knows who the car dealer is ?

https://youtu.be/mb2FqNF3XRE
    Someone stabilized the footage

At 3.44 minutes, is this a different incident? The helicopter is now tracking a silver looking object?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Wow, 14 pages this thread reached. That's 14 too many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

At 3.44 minutes, is this a different incident? The helicopter is now tracking a silver looking object?

Geez, the balloon on the original was clearly silver!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Tonight I'm having beef curry with extra onions and fried rice.Cant fookin wait.

• Advertisement

Geez, the balloon on the original was clearly silver!

Zoomed out in did. When he zoomed in the balloon had a golden tint/shine. That could be a reflection though, don't know if it's material or metal?

Advertisement