Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jumpers are Coming 2017/2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Slattsy wrote: »
    Laying himself :)

If i was him id be backing with fallers insurance!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Mr321

In the 4.10 Id like Road To Respect at the prices. Should have a good season.

Be interesting to see what Outlander can do with Kennedy back on him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

Have a wedding g the weekend anything nice I could bet on to take the sting out of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

I'd be against Death Duty with Woodland Opera also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

jimjamcos wrote: »
    I'd be against Death Duty with Woodland Opera also.

i think mouse morris yoke might be the one, woodland opera might not be fit first time out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Id be on Outlander given his record fresh, thinknit's 1112

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Few quid each on Outlander for the GC.

Fancied him last year to run a decent race. Gordon has said he's sorted out some issues. Worth a pop at 50s.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Few quid each on Outlander for the GC.

Fancied him last year to run a decent race. Gordon has said he's sorted out some issues. Worth a pop at 50s.

He had an operation on his back Outlander

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

want to see death dutys jumping put under pressure today to see if he stays upright......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Samcro looks a tank.. Very exciting prospect

• Advertisement

Samcro looks a tank.. Very exciting prospect

Could be another Death Duty. Soft ground beast..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Death Duty did that easily enough but his head carriage still worries me

Massive drift on Outlander. Looks like he's undercooked for this, should have waited until after the race for me speculative e/w GC punt :D

Mr321 wrote: »
    In the 4.10 Id like Road To Respect at the prices. Should have a good season.

Be interesting to see what Outlander can do with Kennedy back on him

Road to respect get in!!!

Wins at a good price as always. Proves he can go on the soft to!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Jeez they looked like a bunch of first time novices. Come comical jumping except from the horse that nearly lead all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Is anyone know if anyone is doing NRNB / with a run pricing?

I sure i read that someone was offering 6/1 Our Duke & 4/1 Faugheen

Both prices with a run

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Death Duty looked good alright but he lools like a lad dying to headbutt a fence!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭essgee268

Mr321 wrote: »
    Road to respect get in!!!

Wins at a good price as always. Proves he can go on the soft to!

had the 2nd one on betfair. ran smasher

abarkie wrote: »
    Is anyone know if anyone is doing NRNB / with a run pricing?

I sure i read that someone was offering 6/1 Our Duke & 4/1 Faugheen

Both prices with a run

Sky bet had these and i put 50 on Duke but now they have taken them from the specials market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

The proper racing is winding down so I was looking ahead to the jumps season.

No strong opinion on the novice Hurdlers except one gets the impression Samcro could be something special.

Buveur D'air is very solid but I get the feeling Melon is a machine and we'll see the best of him this year and he'll be up winning a Champion Hurdle. Against Defi Du Seuil.

Against Novice chasers that spend a second season hurdling so I think the Arkle, JLT and RSA will be won by horses like Cilaos Emery, River Wylde, Finian's Oscar, Bacardys, and Monalee.

I reckon something will come out of the blue in the staying hurdle division. Something like Beyond Conceit or Tin Soldier. Totally random horse will come out and win a few. The World's End another.

All three are machines but Douvan, Min, and Faugheen aren't even on my mind until see them lined up at the start of a race so Altior hacks up in the Champion Chase and Might Bite will win the King George by the length of the straight.

Yorkhill will win any race he runs in at Cheltenham. It's as simple as that. Pick whichever race you what to win Willie and declare Yorkhill. Wins the Gold Cup.

And Willoughby Court is useless, won't be winning anything.

• Advertisement

If Faugheen comes back, even at 75%, he wins the CH in my opinion. He's a class above the current crop.

The Mullins camp seem quite happy they can get him back on track near his best so I'll probably dabble at the current price before he runs.

Hendo has a horse I quite like and think will win a few this year River Wylde.

Agree with you on Min and there's not much being said as when will see him only 'he's in good form'
    Don't know about Yorkhill and a GC would wait to see what he's like first time out Mullins says he's trying different things with him. That jumping to the side would be a big problem in a GC

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

Faugheen is rising 10, has been off the track for the bones of 22 months, there is no hope of him regaining the champion hurdle

Same with Douvan, can't see him returning good enough to beat Altior -

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Andalucia wrote: »
    Faugheen is rising 10, has been off the track for the bones of 22 months, there is no hope of him regaining the champion hurdle

What prices would you be offering?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Andalucia wrote: »

Would have no worries at all about being 10. Ive been on the mtoy bandwagon at prices like 50/1 the last 2 years and you just cant beat champion hurdle form in that race. I think he wins if he is better than 90%. Jezki looks like this years MTOY. If Artic Fire gets there this year he will be close as well.

How will Yanworth jump tomorrow? He fairly bulldozed down the odd hurdle last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Just spotted his entry there. Will be interesting to see how he gets on, hurdle mark of 162 suggests the sky’s the limit over fences but we all know it sometimes doesn’t work out like that.

I think Yanworth will flop and be in the stayers come March.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

I think Yanworth could be a very good chaser, he was stupid at his hurdles but not all round bad I don't think. He's a big looking boy too so could be that he was too big and awkward for his hurdles.

Slight worry that he spent the extra season over hurdles so might be late enough to iron out bad habits but id give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being.
    This is all coming from someone who couldn't have him in mind at all for the Champion hurdle last year so no bias whatsoever.

• Advertisement

Yanworth took well to the fences and can only improve from that today but you could take nothing away from Sternrubin done well and will be winning plenty in the future.

Advertisement