Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jumpers are Coming 2017/2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Sting60 must be sipping a cognac in the alps counting his cash

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭famagusta

BumperD wrote:

You'd miss him, great for a yarn!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

The Stewards enquired into the running and riding of Suitor (GB), ridden by J.W. Kennedy, and trained by Gordon Elliott. Evidence was heard from the rider and the trainer's representative, I. Amond. J.W. Kennedy, stated that it was this horse's first run over hurdles. His instructions were to jump away mid division and get his mount to settle. In the race his mount jumped sketchily early on, was further back than he wanted, was outside on the heavier ground, was flat out all the way, took a blow at the top of the hill from a lack of fitness and ran on in the straight past beaten horses under hands and heels.
    The trainer's representative, confirmed the instructions that the horse was to be ridden mid division and to be settled. He stated that this was a new ex-flat horse bought over the summer and having his first run for the yard today. The horse had a break for a couple of weeks after being purchased. He expressed himself satisfied with the ride. The Stewards also received a report from the Turf Club Veterinary Officer who reported that Suitor (GB) was post race normal.

Having viewed the recording of the race and considered the evidence, the Stewards found there had been a breach of Rule 212A (ii) and having taken their respective records into account the Stewards imposed a fine of €2000 on the trainer through his representative, suspended Suitor (GB) from running for a period of 42 days and suspended J.W. Kennedy for five race days and ordered the forfeiture of his riding fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭famagusta

BumperD wrote:

famagusta wrote: »

Just like the Jumpers are Coming, I’m sure a few of the regulars will start posting again and get the place hopping for the winter ....:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Our Duke scooped dirty

Willoughby Court starts today over the big obstacles. Might get beaten first time out by The Unit who’s got a run under his belt already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

BumperD wrote: »
    Willoughby Court starts today over the big obstacles. Might get beaten first time out by The Unit who’s got a run under his belt already.

Where and what price

akelly02 wrote: »
    Where and what price

Huntingdon odds on 4/9 I wouldn’t back it at that price with counterfeit

Just interesting to see how he fares with a view to grade 1’s later in the season

BumperD wrote:

That was fairly guessy now.. What did you think??

• Advertisement

That was fairly guessy now.. What did you think??

Jumped alarmingly to the left at most of his fences ( won’t be such an issue at cheltenham) and Huntingdon are small obstacles so unless he sorts out his jumping, he will concede way too much ground and struggle. His first run so hopefully that issue can be resolved as having a neptune horse going straight over fences is an exciting prospect

Paddy Brennan just lost the ride on Cue Card.. Harry Cobden takes over.

Evidently wasnt happy with his ride in the king george ( it was stupid)

Also clearly is partly blaming him for the falls

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Massimo Tara

Ridiculous decision. Bad ride or not cue card would not have beaten thistlecrack in the KG. The horse needs to be retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

What will Willie Mullins do with Djakadam? Not a gold cup horse doesn't last the trip.

Ridiculous decision. Bad ride or not cue card would not have beaten thistlecrack in the KG. The horse needs to be retired.

How exactly? chances are he would have won the other day had he stayed up. hes still performing to mid 160s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Shocking decision and smacks of connections not able to accept that their horse is in decline.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Never rated Brennan. Too prone to brain farts.
    I'd say it all stemmed from the GC fall, when he panicked and went too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Badabing wrote: »
    What will Willie Mullins do with Djakadam? Not a gold cup horse doesn't last the trip.

Ryanair I think is the race for the horse but Rich Ricci craves a gold cup win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Surely Yorkhill goes GC therefore Ruby will want to be on Djakadam for Ryanair as we all know he has a major influence on getting as many good rides possible a la vautour/djakadam 2016.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

hawaii501 wrote: »
    Surely Yorkhill goes GC therefore Ruby will want to be on Djakadam for Ryanair as we all know he has a major influence on getting as many good rides possible a la vautour/djakadam 2016.

Will he not want to be on UDS in the Ryanair?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Motivator

Slattsy wrote: »
    Never rated Brennan. Too prone to brain farts.
    I'd say it all stemmed from the GC fall, when he panicked and went too early.

Yeah you’re right, that Gold Cup he won on Imperial Camander was a trademark poor ride from him 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Motivator wrote: »
    Yeah you’re right, that Gold Cup he won on Imperial Camander was a trademark poor ride from him 🙄

A broken clock is right twice a day.

Poor Kauto Star.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Motivator wrote: »

I dont get the point here, a gold cup win surely dosnt protect him from criticism? I've no problem with Brennan but he is hardly a top jockey. Change of jock might be worth a try but Cue Card has more than earned his retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

People were calling for Kauto Star's retirement at one stage, and he came back to have plenty of success.

No need for Cue Card to retire just yet.

See nothing wrong with trying something new with the jockey also. Brennan is a journeyman jockey and nothing else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Harsh on Brennan. Doesn't say much about the attitude towards jockeys when their success on the horse that they've apparently failed means fcuk all.

Whiff of delusion about this decision but sure we'll know better the next time CC is wheeled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Watched GC 2016 back, am convinced CC was gonna win that for the fall
    came up effortlessly between DC and Djakadam and was tanking along
    I agree with sentiment that a better pilot and CC would have won
    But, I also agree its best is behind it and they need to retire it before something awful happens because I don't think the racing public will forgive Tizzard if something was to happen
    CC is a legend of a horse, if Tizz and the elderly lady owner are hoping for a SS like renaissance, with the class of beast chasing these days, it wont happen
    Retire it ffs, it earned it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Ryanair I think is the race for the horse but Rich Ricci craves a gold cup win.

fairly made a balls of it in 2016 running his best horse in the pissing Ryanair so didnt he!
    He would have a GC now if he and WPM hadn't shat the pants

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Cue Card is done. At 11 years of age with 2 falls in the last 3 races, the confidence of the horse is clearly knocked. Very, very hard to come back from that and be competitive at the highest level when so little time exists for this horse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Watched GC 2016 back, am convinced CC was gonna win that for the fall
    came up effortlessly between DC and Djakadam and was tanking along
    I agree with sentiment that a better pilot and CC would have won
    But, I also agree its best is behind it and they need to retire it before something awful happens because I don't think the racing public will forgive Tizzard if something was to happen
    CC is a legend of a horse, if Tizz and the elderly lady owner are hoping for a SS like renaissance, with the class of beast chasing these days, it wont happen
    Retire it ffs, it earned it

Not the best thing for a suspect stayer to be at with a hill coming up at the end of a gruelling race over a trip he had never tackled before.
    Look at the Don up that run in, he had tonnes left was looking around to see what all the fuss was about :D

Advertisement